No announcement yet.

PSVR2: Next-Gen Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still most excited about No Man's Sky. Amazing in VR on the PS4, I can't wait to see what the PS5 version is like.

Hopefully I'm not setting myself up for disappointment.

Comment

Sony Cuts Output of PlayStation VR2 Headsets After Disappointing Pre-Orders (msn.com)
      According to Bloomberg, Sony has halved its production of PSVR2 headsets due to lower than hoped demand

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Sony Cuts Output of PlayStation VR2 Headsets After Disappointing Pre-Orders (msn.com)
        According to Bloomberg, Sony has halved its production of PSVR2 headsets due to lower than hoped demand
        Read online that the journalist who wrote this is commonly very scathing of Sony; make of that what you will.

Comment

Worldwide recession and an unnecessary, all be it nice, £550 bit of tech, don't make good bed fellows.

Comment

This post was incorrect
            Last edited by huxley; 31-01-2023, 18:22. Reason: My bad

Comment

Comment

I held off PSVR until they dropped price with the second revision that was bundled with Astrobot and Move controllers. I'll probably do the same with PSVR2

Daaaayum. How good is that Astrobot on PSVR. In a way it a shame people have missed out on it due to being on a niche bit of pricey hardware. The game is mind blowing.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                  Daaaayum. How good is that Astrobot on PSVR. In a way it a shame people have missed out on it due to being on a niche bit of pricey hardware. The game is mind blowing.
                  It's easily one of my favourite games ever.
                  Felt like the grumpy, jaded restaurant critic in Ratatouille being reminded of the simple joys in life and I felt like a kid again, exploring the game and ways to interact with it.

Perfect.

Comment

I so badly want to play that

Comment

I know Sony wants me to buy a PSVR2, they won't stop emailing me about it. It's the only real way I've seen it pushed though. Curious if the story pans out but tbh I can easily see it being true as the original 2m figure was insanely optimistic.

Comment

The point people have made is that the original 2m figure was from this guy Mochizuki at Bloomberg, now the halving is also from Mochizuki. So people are questioning the accuracy of the whole thing in the first place, cos apparently he's got it in for Sony.

How true that is, I have no idea. 2m was always an insane figure and kind of hard to believe Sony would overestimate the success of it so much.

I would guess they have definitely moved fewer preorders than targeted though. I noticed they are now paying for placement in Google Shopping when you search 'PSVR2', which they weren't when preorders first opened.

Comment

Did anyone else miss that they're doing a charging station for the sense controllers? Just saw these today.

Always be ready for your next adventure into thrilling new virtual reality worlds with your PlayStation VR2 Sense™ controllers.

Comment

PSN has a bunch of the games discounted right now, 10-15%.

Comment

Digital Foundry and NX Gamer have PSVR2 in for review. Don’t know when the first videos are due to hit though. Also only 3 days until the Cosmic Smash VR update.

Comment

Just unboxings at the moment. Welcome to the Oasis ...

Comment

Working...
                                X