No announcement yet.

PSVR2: Next-Gen Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alyx will never come to psvr. Sony will want to plug its own games and give the impression that what it's putting out is on a par with Alyx. Putting Alyx on it will only show that the games Sony are putting on VR are basically demos.

Comment

Blood and Truth
      Farpoint
      Wipeout
      Moss
      Astro Boy

Arguably PSVR has a better VR lineup than PC. Astro Boy is as good as Alyx. Very different games but both showcase VR brilliantly. I think it's likely that PSVR2 doesn't even need Alyx.

One thing I do know... time for another Skyrim release!

Comment

Yeah but BallisticNG is the best Wipeout game and Moss is already on Steam, isn’t it?

Does the PSVR2 do room-scale tracking? It doesn’t matter if it can give me blow jobs, no room-scale no deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          Blood and Truth
          Farpoint
          Wipeout
          Moss
          Astro Boy
          Well, Moss is available for other platforms. Also, I don't agree about Farpoint; I thought that looked pretty but honestly I don't think it's fair to compare it to Alyx. The others though, you're bang on; the PSVR's always been in that weird situation where it may have been janky in some ways, but its best games are among the best that VR has on any platform.

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          Does the PSVR2 do room-scale tracking?
          Yes; its inside-out tracking is broadly comparable to the Quest 2's.

Comment

PSVR is a better curated platform. There are more quality titles on PCVR but you have to wade through a lot of chaff to find the gems.
            Add the cost of the PC as well as HMD and it can get costly.

Horizon Zero Dawn game looks good but it appears its tech demo padded out with some fetch quests. The Gran Turismo announcement is welcome, I suspect it will only have a couple of card or be a time trial. TBH that would be a good move, a smooth frame rate is a must for racing games.

Have many preorderd?

Comment

If you're starting from scratch with the PSVR2, it's a minimum £1000 entry fee. It can get costly.

Sony has not released pre-order numbers. A few people on here have done tho, I have the HZD Pack due to arrive next month.

Comment

HZD and GT are the only things that take my fancy, most of the other titles are on PC.
                I guess for most its going to be an easier pill to swallow as they have probably had the console for a year.
                I would far rather Sony champions VR than sodding facebook!

Comment

If you have a gaming PC already tho, you can pick up Quest 2 and make Meta lose money by only ever using it on AirLink & SteamVR with that PC

Comment

I have a PC and an Index, I was thinking of a similar route but maybe with a Pico 4. Mainly because of the small form factor and wireless option.
                    I find the Quest 2 incredibly uncomfortable.
                    PSVR unit looks like its going to be comfy - I wonder if PC drivers might come about?

Comment

I have a Go, Quest 1, Quest 2, Rift S, and Index at the mo, the Index is by far the most comfortable of these. But with the pro strap, I've been using the Quest 2 more with PCVR. I actually prefer the controllers in many games. The touch sensitivity of the Index controllers I find annoying at times with unintentional input because of it. The controllers are great, but the advanced features are rarely implemented in games.

By that notion, I think I'll prefer the PSVR2 controllers over them. I very much doubt we're going to see official support for PSVR2 on PC as Sony will want to keep people in the PlayStation ecosystem, but if it can be jailbroken it will be.

Comment

The psvr can be used on PC, all be it more limited. With PC anything is possible. I bet by the end of the year the psvr2 will be working on PC.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                          I find the Quest 2 incredibly uncomfortable.
                          Meta's biggest miss-step with the Quest 2 was supplying it with that awful, flimsy strap. However possibly their best step was that the headset is designed to be modified with aftermarket accessories, so slings and arrows, I suppose. I too absolutely hated the Q2's default strap and "facial interface" (a term I dislike for some reason but don't have a better one).

Comment

HP reverb is the most comfortable headset I've used, followed by psvr. Quest 2 is awful.
                            [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] wipeout is better than ballisticNG mate!
                            [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] I wasn't comparing Farpoint to Alyx. I was saying psvr has great games. Admittedly farpoint isn't top of that list but it felt great to play with the special gun, something that arguably only Sony can do because they know the one and only vr system for their platform. I think we'd be unlikely to see something like that on PC, but I'd love to be wrong!

Comment

If you like non-Psygnosis Wipeout maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                If you like non-Psygnosis Wipeout maybe.
                                Actually, I’ve got a wheel now. I wonder how ballistic would play with a wheel. Not expecting my best lap times with it but the immersion could be amazing, if it’s compatible.

Comment

Working...
                                X