PSVR2: Next-Gen Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Actually, I’ve got a wheel now. I wonder how ballistic would play with a wheel. Not expecting my best lap times with it but the immersion could be amazing, if it’s compatible.
    Can it perform vertical tilting? Surely your DCS setup will be better for this than a wheel that only goes left and right? (which is otherwise fine for Scouse Wipeout). I really want a flight stick for BNG, but I can’t justify the space for just one game - plus, It’d also need dual pedals for the air brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      Can it perform vertical tilting? Surely your DCS setup will be better for this than a wheel that only goes left and right? (which is otherwise fine for Scouse Wipeout). I really want a flight stick for BNG, but I can’t justify the space for just one game - plus, It’d also need dual pedals for the air brakes.
      Maybe yeah. I have a dual throttle, a stick (with a twist z-axis) and rudders but the rudder just emits a single analogue axis from 0-65,535 so not sure how that would work, no way to push both pedals down at once - it's like a see-saw.

Comment

GT7 has been confirmed to be the full game, plus multiplayer on VR. Damn, I want one now....

Comment

That's awesome!

Full info here btw folks:

To be honest the launch line-up for this is looking pretty strong for me now, highlights for me are:

Horizon
          GT7
          Resi 8

Plus, since I never had a last gen headset, Rez Infinite (I'm a big fan of the OG game) and Tetris Effect. Kayak VR looks really cool too - slight, but cool.

Comment

Rez and Tetris! Woohoo. Oh wait I’ve already had them for years.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              Rez and Tetris! Woohoo. Oh wait I’ve already had them for years.
              Looks like you'd also have to buy them again if you wanted to play them on PSVR2...

Comment

Which I’ll probably be silly enough to do as I gave my 4Pro and PSVR to my niece a while back.

Comment

It says on the page that owners of the old versions can upgrade to the PSVR2 versions for £10 a pop, which is something I guess.

Comment

I appreciate there's a lot of moving pieces behind the scenes that make it impossible to announce everything in advance, but this is definitely where I was hoping the launch line-up would get to by this sort of time. It's also less that I want to play every one of these 30 games, but rather that they've giving this a proper shot and have drummed up enough developers to show an interest in the platform.

I will *actually play* Tetris Effect this time I swear it! Also now giving some serious thought to picking up Gran Turismo. Last one I played was 3!

Comment

In that case GT7 is probably a good grab as it's a lot of content too. As a sequel its a pretty disappointing entry but that's coming from the prior games, the jump from GT3 will be more than enough to make it more worthwhile

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                        Looks like you'd also have to buy them again if you wanted to play them on PSVR2...
                        I do hope (though truly don't expect) that they do more than just update them for the new controls - like they take good advantage of the newer features. I mean £10 is a fair chunk of the original cost of some of the games outright.

Comment

Man... it makes me nostalgic to remember being that optimistic

Now, take your 31k file sized update and hand me your money!!

Comment

I think the updates will be pretty light but on the page it does say that both games use the new haptic feedback on the headset and the eye-tracking. Not sure how useful the implementations of the latter will be - Rez apparently lets you lock onto enemies with your eyes, which sounds, um, tricky, and Tetris will let you 'close and open your eyes to enter a game', which sounds like a lip service inclusion.

The haptics bit will probably be cool though.

EDIT: Huh, I just checked and I already own Rez Infinite on PS. That'll save me some cash at least, since I'll only have to pay the upgrade fee.
                            Last edited by wakka; 20-01-2023, 12:06.

Comment

Supermassive Games has announced a three-week delay for Dark Pictures: Switchback VR, which is now expected to release …

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Switchback has been delayed by a month

Comment

[MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION] already posted about this in another thread, but sharing here as I am very up for what is looking very likely to be a Cosmic Smash VR game.

Sega has launched a mysterious new website that appears to be teasing a revival of cult arcade and Dreamcast release Co…

Comment

Working...
                                X