Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    The Ride series are terrible games - I haven't played 4 yet so maybe they've massively improved it, but I have played 1 - 3 (each with the hope this version is going to be good) and the bike handling has always been disappointingly awful, first person is the worst. Might look pretty, but that isn't how you ride motorcycles and it's a terrible representation of them. I've always thought no one on that team has even ridden a bike.
    I’m not a biker but it looks the same as this real life first person footage to me:

Comment

As a camera sees it maybe, but it's not as your eyes see it when you're riding a bike (hence my remark about team having not riding a bike, just looked at bike footage ). To be fair, most bike games are awful - some of the earlier MotoGP games on the original Xbox were not bad, but the game that actually comes closest to capturing the thrill of riding a motorcycle, believe it or not, is Burnout Paradise - most of them fail terribly at it. And let's not even mention Tourist Trophy.
      Last edited by MartyG; 30-09-2021, 07:59.

Comment

The early MotoGP games on Xbox were decent for the time. Have fond memories of playing that first demo as the very first game I played on Xbox Live...

This of course looks great but yeah it's not like it's VR riders positioning but it's probably a decent camera option for general play. I've never played the Ride series so can't comment on how it actually plays though, were they all a bit pants then?

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          were they all a bit pants then?
          Yes and the first game had awful sound too. Later games have lots of DLC for additional bikes - the more desirable ones: https://ridevideogame.com/dlcs-season-pass/ - stacks of it. There are some free DLCs and you can, of course, get the Season Pass.

Comment

New Gungrave G.O.R.E trailer.

I could really go for a game like this right now. Shame we don't know when in 2022 it's coming out.

Comment

Sony have officially acquired BluePoint.

Comment

Took them a while to announce it officially.

Comment

Another super smart buyout, Bluepoint are

Comment

I'm excited to see what they are working on. Rumours say its not a remaster.

Comment

Also, The first 8k game being released for the PS5. Its eh... Yeah.
                      But at least the 8k on the box gets ticked now.

Comment

I hope theyre busy working on International Track n Field remaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          Took them a while to announce it officially.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09...tudios-family/
                          yeah I thought this was already official? Smart move.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            Also, The first 8k game being released for the PS5. Its eh... Yeah.
                            But at least the 8k on the box gets ticked now.

https://youtu.be/DNGA_XnWVMg
                            it's a great game if you haven't played it. It was in game pass last year just before the new consoles came out. Really good fun for a play through.

Comment

We're almost at the anniversary of the PS5 launch and I'm wondering what PS5 exclusives are out there now?

Let's not include remakes or remasters, games also on Xbox, but genuine PS5-only games.

This isn't a dig, I just can't believe we're nearly a year on from launch and there still seems to be no exclusive games.

Comment

There are some:

Demon's Souls (remake)
                                Returnal
                                Deathloop
                                Ratchet & Clank

And maybe one or two others I've forgotten.

I've only actually played two of the above, one of which I thought was bobbins (R&C) and one of which I thought was absolutely superb (Demon's), but to be honest it's not a bad year 1 loadout. If you look at PS4, there was jack all at this point.

EDIT: Just seen that you said 'no remakes or remasters'. Well, you'll have to lump it, because I'm including Demon's anyway. Because it's absolutely brilliant
                                Last edited by wakka; 06-10-2021, 10:22.

Comment

Working...
                                X