Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    We're almost at the anniversary of the PS5 launch and I'm wondering what PS5 exclusives are out there now?

Let's not include remakes or remasters, games also on Xbox, but genuine PS5-only games.

This isn't a dig, I just can't believe we're nearly a year on from launch and there still seems to be no exclusive games.
    Off the top of my head Ratchet & Clank

Comment

er wot?

Deathloop
      Demons souls
      Rachet and Clank
      Returnal
      destruction all stars
      Astros play room
      Little Big Planet sack boys big adventure

We where supposed to have God of war by now as well but the voice actor for kratos has had to undergo massive surery so they delayed it for him we are also due Horizon very early 2022

Last edited by Lebowski; 06-10-2021, 10:29.

Comment

Yeah, to be honest in 2021 I don't think you could ask for a whole lot more in the first year than four fully exclusive AAAs (I'm leaving out Destruction All Stars on account of it not being AAA and also being quite rubbish).

They're not all my cup of tea but credit to Sony, they got their pipeline filled well in advance. With those plus the cross-platform/gen releases, there's been no shortage of software in the last 11 months.

Comment

Like I said, it's not a dig, just seeing where we are a year on from launch.
          (Mainly trying to talk myself out of getting one).

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          Demon's Souls (remake)
          Returnal
          Deathloop
          Ratchet & Clank
          I'd forgotten that Deathloop was PS5-only, good point. I was trying to think if Returnal was, but I just remember it not being very popular and got Returnalled back to the shop.

If you look at PS4, there was jack all at this point.
          Actually, yeah, it's easy to forget how the first year was so Indie-heavy at the start.
          It sparked one of the most successful twelve months in PlayStation history, but is now the time to buy Sony's next-gen system?

EDIT: Just seen that you said 'no remakes or remasters'. Well, you'll have to lump it, because I'm including Demon's anyway. Because it's absolutely brilliant

Comment

I know you're planning a new TV at some point (from memory).

Might be a nice idea to grab one then so you can enjoy the 4K HDR features of your new TV to the full. It is just generally a much nicer machine to use than the PS4, too. Much quieter, better pad, with a faster and slicker interface and loading times due to the SSD.

I reckon Sony really pulled it out of the bag with this machine personally, although I've not actually used my day 1 model all that much due to being in a bit of a gaming slump. That's me, though, rather than the platform.

Comment

Also, if you (like me) haven't played spiderman, Horizon zero dawn or Death Stranding they all have ps5 upgrades which make them play and look very nice and make use of the controller. Depends if you allow them?

Comment

Its not just about the exclusive new games reason i upgraded

tired OS which is slow and horrible to use
                Slowness of games loading
                Poor state a lot of newer games where launchning in

Then their was the fact that a lot of my fave games where getting new licks of paint and ps5 upgrades giving them a new lease of life, Both Genshin and Destiny 2 where originally ps4 games but both got PS5 modes with things like Higher frame-rates improved resolution wider FOV, better lighting and textures, and DualSense haptic support to name just a few improvements.

Comment

-Miles Morales
                  -Deathloop
                  -Demons souls
                  -Rachet and Clank
                  -Returnal
                  -Destruction all stars
                  -Astros play room (one of the best games in recent memory)
                  -Sack boys big adventure (do not sleep on this game its amazing.

Ps4 games that should be played on ps5.
                  -Ghost of Tsushima.
                  -Last of Us 2.
                  -Final Fantasy 7.
                  -Death stranding
                  60fps literally makes any games instantly better as well.
                  Last edited by fishbowlhead; 07-10-2021, 07:25.

Comment

Went in to the local Argos today on the off chance they might have some stock or know when it was coming in. “Oh you should have came in last week we had a few”.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      Also, if you (like me) haven't played spiderman, Horizon zero dawn or Death Stranding they all have ps5 upgrades which make them play and look very nice and make use of the controller. Depends if you allow them?
                      I've only played Spidey from that list, so that's good news.
                      [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION], yeah a new TV is on the horizon, but it'll be when we get the builders in, which is looking at 2023 at the moment, based on the availability of materials! Be nice to have a 4K telly and something to work in 4K on it.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        60fps literally makes any games instantly better as well.
                        This...

That said, though I've said all along I'll get a PS5 (and hovered over a buy button at least 3 times this year)... I'm still waiting till next year at a time that's right for me.

No doubt there's some decent games to pick up even now but given the delays you can already tell early next year is going to be a peak time to jump in.

It doesn't help that right now the hardware is still hard to come by and scalping is still going on...

Comment

Well, after a month of entering and losing six reservation lotteries, checking Twitter multiple times a day, my wife signing up for a Yodobashi credit card, planning to queue at their Akihabara branch from 9am this Saturday…

I won Amazon JP’s order lottery today and my PS5 is arriving tomorrow evening

Comment

Not even a year in and the PS5 already has a killer line up, with that trend continuing through 22. Such a great time for gamers.

Great news [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] good time to get one.
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 06-10-2021, 16:25.

Comment

It’s here

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like CraigHutchings.

Comment

Avoid wasting bandwidth downloading Destruction all stars, dead multiplayer game. Why is it dead? because the dev's managed to make the most boring, soulless car combat game ever, even ubisoft couldn't make a game this bland.

Don't waste money alot of money Death Stranding upgrade, wait till it goes cheap. I'd had fun 5 staring the bunkers, getting all the quality of life upgrades, building all the roads and a network of zips wires, but once you get into the snowy mountain it just a horrible slog of crap story content.

Comment

Working...
                                X