X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    No chance whatsoever of this happening.
    Sakurai joked about it on one of his recent videos; I honestly think it will. Nintendo are running out of earlier titles to cannibalise and I think that'll be one of them.
    Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    Hah. A lot out of the loop. Just seen an ad for the oled version. How does it compare? I've only played the original.
    It has a better, bigger, OLED screen. The colours are really vibrant and the screen is larger due to having smaller bezels. In all other important ways though it's effectively the same.

If you use your Switch portably a lot it would be good, but people like me who primarily use it docked don't get much out of the upgrade.

Comment

So much wrong in the gaming world would be put right by having a Kid Icarus Uprising remake on Switch

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Hah. A lot out of the loop. Just seen an ad for the oled version. How does it compare? I've only played the original.
        I felt like I was tripping when I first played on it. My wife doesn't like our kid playing with it at all.

The build quality is a little better overall. The stand has now been massively over-engineered and is one of the best, outside of a £2,000 B&O TV one. The cartridge slot is difficult to open unless you have girly fingernails.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          So much wrong in the gaming world would be put right by having a Kid Icarus Uprising remake on Switch
          If ever there was a massively overrated Nintendo title in recent years, this would be it.

It's not even that good a game.

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Sakurai joked about it on one of his recent videos; I honestly think it will. Nintendo are running out of earlier titles to cannibalise and I think that'll be one of them.

He probably joked about it because Project SORA was literally a one-man dev team - him.

Again, I don't see any chance of it happening.
          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 26-11-2022, 06:45.

Comment

It was my GOTY for 2012. Although I didn’t play Fire Emblem Awakening until a couple of years later, or else it’d have been that instead.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              It was my GOTY for 2012. Although I didn’t play Fire Emblem Awakening until a couple of years later, or else it’d have been that instead.
              Fire Emblem Awakening absolutely leaves Kid Icarus: Uprising standing as a game and I'm not even a huge FE fan.

Comment

I enjoyed uprising but the controls were beyond. Most physically painful game I've ever played. Cramps were chronic.

Comment

The controls were it's only real issue, something a Switch version would likely remedy.

Comment

A Switch port would admittedly fix that issue, but it's all moot seeing as it clearly won't ever happen, so...(*shrugs*)

Comment

I'm in the camp where I'm not sold that it will happen but I could imagine it. Switch is still going to need a few more years worth of games out so they could use some remakes etc to fill that given their aversion to making sequels people want like how the latter end of the 3DS's had WiiU ports and stuff. Especially with Kid Icarus where I could imagine the devs hoping they could get it more attention on Switch like how Platinum has managed to drag Bayonetta's life out beyond when it should have ended

Comment

The fact that people somehow STILL expect Nintendo to do 3DS ports for Switch years down the console's lifespan (and despite Nintendo pretty much making it all but clear that they're not doing that) is absolutely hilarious to me.

It's "The Switch can't be classed as a success because it must be compared to the sum total of absolutely everything else Nintendo have ever done in their history!!" level of funny!!

Comment

Well, now your just potentially wrong on two counts

Comment

Well, now your just potentially wrong on two counts
                            You would know about being wrong, that's for sure!

Comment

PSP did do better than I expected

Still, always spot on with Nintendo though

Comment

Still, always spot on with Nintendo though
                                Said nobody about your opinion ever!

Comment

Working...
                                X