Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, DLSS is amazing but people have a heavy tendency to overestimate its abilities as though enabling it on a battery powered potato would suddenly make it capable of 120fps flawless at 8K. I genuinely think core gamers will be disappointed by what they will get with Switch 2, I don't see it pushing much past (if at all) the Deck power wise and I think putting a 2 on it and releasing stuff like a new Mario, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart 9 etc would be their best way to success. They should be actively avoiding repeating the risks of the WiiU and messing with something that works

Comment

Yeah I think Deck level power is exactly what we can expect.

State of the art graphical power hasn't mattered to Nintendo sales-wise for 20 odd years at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        Yeah I think Deck level power is exactly what we can expect.
        Yeah, but that's great. I mean I play Sea of Thieves on mine at 60fps

Comment

I was intrigued by the Steam Deck until I actually got hands on time with one a few weeks. It’s far too large to be a proper hand held system. The Switch lite is about as big as these things should get IMO. I’ve had a lite and now have the OLED model but would really like to see an amalgamation of the two.

Comment

I disagree. The Switch needs to get much, much bigger. In fact there's a little design I've been working on, it's still in the early stages...

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              I was intrigued by the Steam Deck until I actually got hands on time with one a few weeks. It’s far too large to be a proper hand held system. The Switch lite is about as big as these things should get IMO. I’ve had a lite and now have the OLED model but would really like to see an amalgamation of the two.
              You quickly get used to the size. It's hard to imagine it being much smaller while still being comfortable and containing all the various inputs (touchpads especially) Though maybe they'll have a revision out in the future that does bring the overall size down a little, maybe sands tocuh pads and slightly slimmer too.

Comment

Yep, hasn't bothered me so far as I was used to it, it's more comfortable to play than the Switch is with its naff joycons and the Switch is already way too big to be a convenient handheld so I've not been anymore inconvenienced than I was already

Comment

Any particularly good offers today (Black Friday)?

Best I've seen is Amazon's bundle with Mario Kart.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    The latest cost-effective mobile chipsets will be leaps and bounds more powerful than the old Tegra chip in the Switch, though.
                    Will they?

That is by no means guaranteed. I don't really see what Nvidia or anybody else is doing to push things forward in that respect. It very much remains to be seen.
                    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 25-11-2022, 16:35.

Comment

A direct successor to the Switch is literally the only reason for any theoretical mobile chipset with Tensor Cores onboard to exist. I can't see them going to that length when it's 'only' going to guarantee 100M sales. Maybe the next machine can have a beefier dock which holds the GPU, when undocked it's just your typical RTX-off.

They'd be mad to release anything within the next two years anyway. If they don't sell 120M Switch games in 2023 they're probably going to be upset. They almost certainly will, though.

Comment

If they would actually release Metroid Prime 4 and a sequel to Odyssey etc then they should be able to ride it out till at least a post-recession 2025 launch.

Comment

Or release that "finished" Prime trilogy already!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            If they would actually release Metroid Prime 4 and a sequel to Odyssey etc then they should be able to ride it out till at least a post-recession 2025 launch.
                            Expect a Kid Icarus: Uprising conversion. Not a port, strictly, because as a 3DS game with esoteric controls it'll need a little work but expect one.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              Expect a Kid Icarus: Uprising conversion. Not a port, strictly, because as a 3DS game with esoteric controls it'll need a little work but expect one.
                              No chance whatsoever of this happening.

Comment

Hah. A lot out of the loop. Just seen an ad for the oled version. How does it compare? I've only played the original.

Comment

Working...
                                X