X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Till it's confirmed that's been fixed I wouldn't go near it then
    Fixing it potentially involves them admitting it's a problem. See also with the Joycons.

Comment

No screen protector on my Switch, in and out like billy-o, and nary a dock-scuff. Are you guys frisbeeing your Switches into the dock from across the room or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
        No screen protector on my Switch, in and out like billy-o, and nary a dock-scuff. Are you guys frisbeeing your Switches into the dock from across the room or something?
        I treat mine with kid gloves(made from real kids) but I’ve seen the parts that cause the scuffs. They’re small rectangles on each end of the dock that make the gap a bit slimmer where the USB-C port is.

I could rub the mark away in the early days but it hasn’t been coming off recently.

I think our Switch comes out the dock once a month at most but we still experienced it.

Actually, it was worse with the screen protector due to the added thickness. It’s become less of a problem since I got rid of the protector.

Comment

When the switch was released you could but little foam strips for either side of the dock. The switch is fully protected and the "action" feels a hundred times better.

Hopefully nintendo have done something like that.

Comment

I use tempered glass protectors never had a mark on them from dock use, no idea if plastic ones are as hard wearing but my original switch had one on from purchase and years later it was still mark free. They came as a pack of 2 so my new red switch now has the other on.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
              When the switch was released you could but little foam strips for either side of the dock. The switch is fully protected and the "action" feels a hundred times better.

Hopefully nintendo have done something like that.
              This is what i did. Foam cost £1 for 5 sheets then i just scalpeled a few thin strips off and stuck it inside, did the trick and they’ve never come out and kept the screen protected.

Comment

Another weirdy for the collection called gohome, reminds me a bit of old ps1 horror games. Finally on switch from it's original PC release, gives off very unsettling vibes but totally my jam.

The trailer music sounds very much like that creepy ass traditional kagome kagome childrens game song. beautiful & nostalgic yet it totally makes me on edge when i listen to it, overdosed too much on japanese horror lol

Comment

Incase anyone missed out the Switch Skyward Sword Joy cons are back on Amazon

Comment

Interesting fix. If this works universally I'd expect some thin 3d printed plastic part to slip in there instead.

Comment

Nice, that will be interesting to see if it really is the long term fix.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        Nice, that will be interesting to see if it really is the long term fix.
                        Well he's said his has been fine for 2 months since doing it so there's hope. I guess the more wear on the sticks with heavy use the more room there is inside to not fit tightly against the case.

At least the fix itself isn't difficult. That's the best part.

Comment

Feels unlikely only because it would cost Nintendo next to nothing to fix permanently if this was the core issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Feels unlikely only because it would cost Nintendo next to nothing to fix permanently if this was the core issue.
                            I dunno this is Nintendo we're on about... How are they fixing them currently? A direct swap in of parts?

The video at least shows you how to test if pressure around the joy con will help so you can assess whether it's worth trying the fix before opening it up.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                              I dunno this is Nintendo we're on about... How are they fixing them currently? A direct swap in of parts?
                              No idea but it's got to be costing them a fortune and yet they are still doing it. They have been fixing these free for years. If bulking up one part in manufacturing could have saved those costs, I feel they'd have done it by now.

Comment

Seems LiveWire have been able to patch out [MENTION=3687]Golgo[/MENTION]'s madskillz counterloop scores after all! It's back!

Cheers to [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] for the headsup.

Comment

Working...
                                X