Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure they'll aim to bring later ones too in time but 4.1 is somewhat old for them to be bringing over.

Honestly, I know for many the chain of ports and indies etc keeps the Switch a great system but I've actually reached a point where I've just stopped playing it. It's just become really hard to muster the interest to play it of late because the offerings are so damned stale. I'll no doubt get back to it with stuff like Dread on the horizon but given the system is in Year 5 so therefore its peak era its schedule is ******* miserable.

Comment

Welp, [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION]'s Switch has screwed up. Refuses to read the SD card. Nothing wrong with the card and I've cleaned the contacts. It's been fine for years and then, without warning, has just started doing this today. Console hadn't even left the house for weeks, not dropped, nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        Welp, [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION]'s Switch has screwed up. Refuses to read the SD card. Nothing wrong with the card and I've cleaned the contacts. It's been fine for years and then, without warning, has just started doing this today. Console hadn't even left the house for weeks, not dropped, nothing.
        Are you able to back the card upto the pc then try and reformat it on switch before you put all the data back.

Comment

I know the Switch has a finicky history with exFAT if the card is in that format. It can be solved by reformatting but it crops up again easily too

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            Are you able to back the card upto the pc then try and reformat it on switch before you put all the data back.
            The switch says "no memory card inserted" - but if you remove it, it "knows" the card has been removed.

I might try that anyway in case Nintendo wipe it when they take it away - but I worry, Nintendo consoles... Will it refuse to read the restored backup? Like you have to treat 3DS data like a Faberge egg.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              The switch says "no memory card inserted" - but if you remove it, it "knows" the card has been removed.

I might try that anyway in case Nintendo wipe it when they take it away - but I worry, Nintendo consoles... Will it refuse to read the restored backup? Like you have to treat 3DS data like a Faberge egg.
              It could be a couple of things, either somethings corrupted on the card and is making the switch confused or worse case scenario is the card has just totally failed and is permanently broken now. If you can see if a pc can detect it will give you some idea of how broken it is, if the pc can see it then try to copy all the data off. Regarding it reading the backup it should be totally fine as long as you copy it back the same way.

When i got a new memory card a month or so ago i took the old one out put it on my pc and copied everything off into a folder then put the brand new memory card in my switch and formatted it using the console to do it then i put the card in my pc and copied over the data i had backed up into a temp folder and the switch recognised it fine & treated it like nothing had changed.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                It could be a couple of things, either somethings corrupted on the card and is making the switch confused or worse case scenario is the card has just totally failed and is permanently broken now. If you can see if a pc can detect it will give you some idea of how broken it is, if the pc can see it then try to copy all the data off. Regarding it reading the backup it should be totally fine as long as you copy it back the same way.

When i got a new memory card a month or so ago i took the old one out put it on my pc and copied everything off into a folder then put the brand new memory card in my switch and formatted it using the console to do it then i put the card in my pc and copied over the data i had backed up into a temp folder and the switch recognised it fine & treated it like nothing had changed.
                The card seems to work; I can see the screenshots etc. via my PC.

Comment

I'm sure I saw someone previously making comments about how fragile the SD cart port itself was on the Switch; I know I was relieved when they added the screenshot sharing via smartphone, as that removed my one need to be regularly popping the cards in/out. If the card's reading ok on a computer, have you tried other (working) cards in the same Switch?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    I'm sure I saw someone previously making comments about how fragile the SD cart port itself was on the Switch; I know I was relieved when they added the screenshot sharing via smartphone, as that removed my one need to be regularly popping the cards in/out. If the card's reading ok on a computer, have you tried other (working) cards in the same Switch?
                    I could - like I could swap it for mine. But I'm concerned, with it being Nintendo...

If I swap in another card, will the Switch always "remember" this? Somehow? Like even if it works, will my Switch no longer read it afterwards?

Comment

I doubt it, but I also think diagnostically it's going to present a whole host of other issues - do you have a blank microSD card you can try (boot up, download a game, play said game)?

Comment

That's EDF3 btw.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          That's EDF3 btw.
                          ignore then, still haven't been to bed yet. Had another quick look 4 doesn't seem to be up yet.

Comment

Switch hardware and software sales have had a solid Q1 of 2021 but not as good as Q1 2020.

(A certain somebody on here might be pleased about the drop-off! )

Comment

Rubbish. It hasn't sold as much as Wii, DS and GBA combined.

Comment

Working...
                              X