Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't it from the Stardew Valley people?

Comment

Stop the clock, Nintendo are finally going to support Bluetooth audio natively.

No mic support though...

Comment

Brilliant, slow clap for Nintendo once again leaving a feature out that makes it completely pointless for a lot of people.
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 15-09-2021, 06:27.

Comment

I'll take the Bluetooth audio... I've been using an adaptor for ages and can't go back to using wired headphones. Mic support is a big omission but at least they've given us the audio side of things.

Comment

What games are people playing that need mic support, out of question? Or to rephrase that, what games actually have in-built comms that haven't just palmed it off to a side app?

Good that they've added this, but baffling that they've waited this long. That Genki adapter's had a good run, but it looks like it's just become totally obsolete.

Comment

I'll keep using my beautiful wired headphones which came with Elektroplankton, ta.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                Isn't it from the Stardew Valley people?
                I think one of the devs doing this helped out on stardew but i don't think the stardew creator is directly involved. Could be wrong though as it really does have a similar style to it, will happily take indie games like this over bloated AAA bugfests.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  What games are people playing that need mic support, out of question? Or to rephrase that, what games actually have in-built comms that haven't just palmed it off to a side app?

Good that they've added this, but baffling that they've waited this long. That Genki adapter's had a good run, but it looks like it's just become totally obsolete.
                  I think they have held off so long because of how the switch works it heavily relies on bluetooth for the joycons, nintendo must have found a way to balance how the bluetooth is used so there's an acceptable balance. Have to agree on the mic stuff, who cares really?

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    nintendo must have found a way to balance how the bluetooth is used so there's an acceptable balance.
                    They are limiting wireless controllers to two when using wireless audio.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                      They are limiting wireless controllers to two when using wireless audio.
                      Ah so thats how they freed up some of the bandwidth to make audio work. Just updated my switch to see what it does, seems it warns that there can be audio lag depending on what you connect, hmm maybe it's a better idea just to buy a dongle instead.

Comment

I literally cannot believe all it took was a software update to make this happen

Glad that they've finally added it, though, obviously.

Comment

Nintendo japan sent me an email regarding the system update seems they added some other stuff too, something about when you calibrate your sticks you used to start it by clicking the sticks in seems you can start it by just holding a direction for a set amount of time, there's also some mention of dock update regarding internet. Guessing oled dock related but it's confusing as google mangles the translation.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            Ah so thats how they freed up some of the bandwidth to make audio work. Just updated my switch to see what it does, seems it warns that there can be audio lag depending on what you connect, hmm maybe it's a better idea just to buy a dongle instead.
                            If it's anything like using earbuds on your phone for xcloud you really want to be using Aptx protocol over basic SBC.

On my phone when I'm streaming games the ear buds I use for running (Jaybird Vista) are a good second delayed to the on-screen action. There's obviously latency in the stream adding to that.

When I move over to my main over ear BT headphones that support Aptx that delay is almost non existent. So I figure that warning is a similar issue here.

That said I've just tried my Vistas with the switch and whilst there is a slight delay it's not terrible. I do think my adaptor I have does a better job though, will have to test later.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              I literally cannot believe all it took was a software update to make this happen

Glad that they've finally added it, though, obviously.
                              It's like Sony and VRR support. I'm still waiting for them to update my TV... 2 years they've stated it's coming...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                                It's like Sony and VRR support. I'm still waiting for them to update my TV... 2 years they've stated it's coming...
                                VAR is ruining football why would you want it on on your TV

Comment

Working...
                                X