PlayStation 5: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    SeriesX mk2 might get something close to that one day.
    Alright calm down...

Seriously they should be remaking Uncharted 1-3, not this, or the Uncharted 4 / Lost Legacy. Those games need it and there's even a bloody tie-in movie out. Makes no sense to me.

Of course we have the TV show for TLOU coming which looks great but do they really need to remaster it again? It's already running great on current hardware.

Just been reading this: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...rld-resistance

Open world resistance or Syphon Filter remake? I'd have taken either of those.

Sony is making some great 3rd person action adventure games but a bit of variety wouldn't go amiss.

Comment

3rd person games sell I guess.
      A couple more racing games and a puzzle game wouldn't go amiss.

Anyway, this 'Sony is flooded with 3rd person games' argument is ignoring the fact Xbox is flooded with FPS...
      (Halo, Doom, wolfenstein, fallout, elder Scrolls, Stalker...)

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        3rd person games sell I guess.
        A couple more racing games and a puzzle game wouldn't go amiss.

Anyway, this 'Sony is flooded with 3rd person games' argument is ignoring the fact Xbox is flooded with FPS...
        (Halo, Doom, wolfenstein, fallout, elder Scrolls, Stalker...)
        I don't think it's ignoring that at all. We know the Xbox seems to have an overload of RPG/FPS right now but at least we've seen some diversity starting to creep through. There's Forza obviously but we've also seen Gears Tactics, Flight Sim, Age of Empires, Psychonauts 2 come from their studioa this year and you've got Hellblade and potentially Indiana Jones slotting into the 3rd person segment in coming years.

I'm just hoping the same happens to the Sony portfolio as they certainly have the talent to branch into other genres. It just worries me that a studio like Bend can pitch something like a full on Resistance remake and get declined, plus not even get a look in on a sequel to Days Gone either.

Still, we haven't seen what Naughty Dog is up to this gen and it sounds like they're really eager to talk. I'm sure we're will hear more before E3 season given its now all online again this year.

Comment

Hopefully Resistance open world idea gets pulled out the ideas box again one day, i mean heck all the bare bones are there in Days Gone already, clear out nests, take back the UK, shove some story in and instant game.

Comment

Got a PS5 at last! Just unwrapped my pre covid birthday present. Last of us 2.
            I have Horizon on pre order, what else should I be looking at? Any good Demos?

Comment

[MENTION=251]huxley[/MENTION] You could try The Matrix Awakens. It's a free tech demo of the new Unreal engine. Lasts about 20 minutes or so and is worth checking out so you can see what your new hardware is capable of

Proper games wise, my favourite PS5 release is still Demon's Souls, by far. Excellent game and visually superb.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                The Matrix Awakens demo is bonkers!

Wife has been enjoying the free Astro Playroom game.

If you’ve got PS+, you can get a bunch of free PS4 games, some of which have PS5 enhancements(e.g. God of War and Ratchet and Clank are 60fps).

I have two PS5 games - Ghost of Tsushima(incredible) and Miles Morales(which I haven’t started yet)

Comment

Well you should immediately play Astro’s Playroom, should be already pre-installed.
                  The matrix awakens demo as well just to see how crazy Unreal 5 looks.
                  Kid A Mnesia Exhibition, only if you’re a Radiohead fan though, it’s like a real time museum tour through Kid A/Amnesia.

I think a lot of demos are now few and far between unfortunately,

Comment

PS5
                    Astros playroom.
                    Ratchet & clank.
                    Deathloop.
                    Demons souls.
                    Miles morales.
                    Returnal.
                    Sackboy adventure (don’t sleep on this its fantastic).

PS4 with 60fps enhancements,
                    Ghost of Tsushima.
                    Last of Us 2.
                    Assassins creed odyssey.
                    Horizon zero dawn.
                    Spider man.
                    God of War.
                    Days gone.
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 08-01-2022, 16:57.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      PS5
                      Astros playroom.
                      Ratchet & clank.
                      Deathloop.
                      Demons souls.
                      Miles morales.
                      Returnal.
                      Sackboy adventure (don’t sleep on this its fantastic).

PS4 with 60fps enhancements,
                      Ghost of Tsushima.
                      Last of Us 2.
                      Assassins creed odyssey.
                      Horizon zero dawn.
                      Spider man.
                      God of War.
                      Yep, I'll second all this. Its all solid gold games.

Comment

Get a Turkish PSN account and sign up for Crypto.com to take advantage of the volatile Turkish lira at the mo. You can use all of the games on your UK account. Has saved me literally hundreds of pounds.
                        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Cheers all, looks like I’m going to busy catching up 👍

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            Seriously they should be remaking Uncharted 1-3, not this, or the Uncharted 4 / Lost Legacy. Those games need it and there's even a bloody tie-in movie out. Makes no sense to me.

Of course we have the TV show for TLOU coming which looks great but do they really need to remaster it again? It's already running great on current hardware.
                            That Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy double pack is getting a PS5 release this month so I doubt they'll remake Uncharted 1-3 anytime soon. Could Naughty Dog announce a new Uncharted that takes place after UC4 though? I wouldn't be against it but they may continue working on The Last of Us-related content for a while yet. They could also be working on something new which could be great if they can put the diversity and identity politics aside for a second.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                              That Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy double pack is getting a PS5 release this month so I doubt they'll remake Uncharted 1-3 anytime soon. Could Naughty Dog announce a new Uncharted that takes place after UC4 though? I wouldn't be against it but they may continue working on The Last of Us-related content for a while yet. They could also be working on something new which could be great if they can put the diversity and identity politics aside for a second.
                              Having just gone through all 4 of them back to back I think the way the fourth wraps up the whole arc they should just finish it there. Anything new fits in an earlier timeline or they do something completely different.

I really hope they're just working on something completely new.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                                Get a Turkish PSN account and sign up for Crypto.com to take advantage of the volatile Turkish lira at the mo. You can use all of the games on your UK account. Has saved me literally hundreds of pounds.
                                I've been tempted to do this but figure it's only a matter of time before Sony shuts that loophole down.

Comment

Working...
                                X