No announcement yet.

Gaming News So Small It Gets a Second Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IGN Entertainment has acquired the Gamer Network family of digital brands for an undisclosed sum.

As a result of the acquisition, some redundancies have been made across the UK-based organisation.

Gamer Network’s publications are GamesIndustry.biz, Eurogamer (including six local language editions), Rock Paper Shotgun, VG247 and Dicebreaker. The business also holds shares in Outside Xbox, Digital Foundry and Hookshot (which operates Nintendolife, PushSquare, PureXbox and Time Extension).
    This does not seem like good news for anyone at any of those sites, or anyone that likes reading them.

Comment

IGN have been pretty poor in recent years so this just feels like a terrible move overall.

Comment

Eurogamer has been circling the axe for a few years now so this will undoubtedly prove to be the final blow in an attempt to try and make IGN one of the few remaining places left. I suppose it's one strategy, IGN has felt the peak of irrelevant for at least a decade now

Comment

IGN is utter garbage who put out poorly written adverts as “reviews”.

Comment

Turns out IGN doesn't now own DF but it does now have shares in them... I'm sure that will turn out fine.

By 2035 the gaming coverage online will be down to just the IGN group and Bordersdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              Turns out IGN doesn't now own DF but it does now have shares in them... I'm sure that will turn out fine.

By 2035 the gaming coverage online will be down to just the IGN group and Bordersdown.
              That's right. Digital Foundry is independent of Eurogamer and owned by Richard Leadbetter.

Comment

For now
                I'm expecting them to reassure people of their independence but, particularly in the long term if Xbox steps out of the market, I think their value to gamers will be diminished and a point will come where the opportunity to cash out comes up. If it does then they should 100% do it too, they're good but it's something rivals could replicate.

Comment

Small piece about windows arm gaming... mainly as their new Surface Pro line is taking on Apples M chips.

Small potential indicator for an Xbox handheld?

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                    https://www.windowscentral.com/gamin...support-in-tow

Small piece about windows arm gaming... mainly as their new Surface Pro line is taking on Apples M chips.

Small potential indicator for an Xbox handheld?
                    No mention of Apple M chips in the article but if you did want a direct comparison i got a new MacBook pro M3 max for work i don't tend to use it for gaming, more for Adobe Creative Cloud stuff Photoshop after effects premier pro etc. You can get native ports of Balder's Gate 3 and Lies of p for it and benchmarks has it running on ultra settings at 3k and 60 FPS+

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post

No mention of Apple M chips in the article but if you did want a direct comparison i got a new MacBook pro M3 max for work i don't tend to use it for gaming, more for Adobe Creative Cloud stuff Photoshop after effects premier pro etc. You can get native ports of Balder's Gate 3 and Lies of p for it and benchmarks has it running on ultra settings at 3k and 60 FPS+
                      Yeah they don't mention it in that article but the Surface event earlier this week (where this article has followed on with more info) they were making some direct comparisons between the Qualcomm Elite and Apple M3 performance.

That M3 max performance is crazy.

I just thought this article was interesting as they mention the super resolution upscaling as well such is the first time I've seen them actually showing a clip of it in the wild.

Comment

It would be cool if one of the new Qualcomm X chips made it into an Xbox handheld, for sure. It's great to see Microsoft finally catching up with Apple's ARM chips. I've had an M1 Pro chip for two and a half years and it's just been an absolute beast. Apple almost made a rod for their own backs here since I can't see myself upgrading for years.

Comment

Devil Blade Reboot is available on Steam. Vertical shooter by a Vanillaware artist, Shigatake. It's good, get it.

Comment

Rumours abound that 2K have secured the FIFA licensing.

Would be very interested in knowing how much they paid FIFA if true. Not sure how they'd could possibly afford what FIFA was asking if that amount was enough to make EA exit after 30 years.

2K is rumoured to have secured the official FIFA license to develop the next FIFA game. That's according to unverified …

Comment

Waste of money, this is far too late even if there ever had been an opportune moment to take on EA

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                Waste of money, this is far too late even if there ever had been an opportune moment to take on EA
                                They only have to list “no micro transactions” as a main selling point on every advert to take most the market away from EA.

Comment

Working...
                                X