Nintendo Switch 2: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post

Gives Nintendo between now and March next year to try and aim for the all-time console hardware sales record.
    I don't think it's for that, but to squeeze every possible drop from the old hardware, and have at least one big cross-generation title ready to bolster sales of both.
    I think Switch 2 will launch from September '25 onwards, which sits perfectly with me.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post

I don't think it's for that, but to squeeze every possible drop from the old hardware, and have at least one big cross-generation title ready to bolster sales of both.
      I think Switch 2 will launch from September '25 onwards, which sits perfectly with me.
      I disagree. Nintendo might not say it openly but really it is. There's literally no other reason for them to persist with hardware that is nearly a decade old at this point. Also, the numbers matter more to Sony, MS and Nintendo then they like to admit (see how Sony recently tried to say that the PS2 sold more than what was actually recorded).

The cross-gen sales boost argument might've worked a year or two ago but not now, not when so many many people own more than one Switch system, though I will say that I do think the Switch Lite will get a new model to bring it up to par (or as close to par as possible) with whatever the new hardware spec will be.

IIRC, Nintendo's recent sales forecast for Switch in the new fiscal year was 15m units - precisely the amount needed to overhaul PS2. That isn't coincidental.
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 07-05-2024, 13:35.

Comment

It's impressive that in its eighth year they're only now projecting it to sell less in a year than it did at launch - or in other terms in the coming year the Switch will 'only' sell 50% of the Xbox Series S/X lifetime sales

Comment

Publicly listed shipping information has emerged details about Switch 2

-The suggestion is that the standard tablet, two joy-cons and dock set up remains intact
          -2x 7500 M/T Ram chips totalling 12GB
          -256GB internal storage space
          -T239 Nvidia SoC
          -Realtek audio chip
          -NFC reader
          -HDMI 2.1 support
          -Realtek Ethernet controller
          -Headphone jack support
          -Built in microphones
          -14mm deep hardware design
          -115mm tall hardware design
          -206mm width hardware design

Comment

Ive no idea what that SoC is or what it can do?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              System On (a) Chip, a single chip with CPU, GPU, etc etc rather than several separate chips doing one particular workload. Basically what every smartphone and mobile device use nowadays.

Comment

Sorry I should of been more specific, I know what A soc is, I just don’t know what that one is capable of.

Comment

If rumors have to be believed, the T239 is derived by an nVidia SoC with 12 CPU cores and 2048 CUDA cores based on Maxwell technology; in numbers alone, it would mean 3 to 4 times the Switch's power. However that is a 65W chip, so we can expect at least half the cores on both CPU and GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    You can get cotton ones, and they can be blessed.

Comment

Working...
                    X