Pipex upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipex upgrade

Apparently Pipex are doing the free upgrade thing for Solo500 users. It's already happened for some folk.

Anyone noticed any difference yet?

I'll be checking that tonight. Nice one.

Comment

Ah tidy, solo500 users are going up to 1meg?

Comment

Apparenlty so. Haven't had any email off them though.

Comment

My connection did seem a little faster this weekend. I don't think it was anywhere near 1meg speeds but it was certainly a lot more than 512k.

Comment

I don't fancy installing that application which monitors it daily or whatever, I'll just sit and see.

Comment

I dunno why you'd need to install that thing either. Surely they can't upgrade you while you're connected, so it'd tell you next time you connected wouldn't it? Or can they do the upgrade while you're online?

Comment

It doesn't say that is does anything special, just a convenient way for the PC illiterate to see when it's happened for them?

Comment

Somebody over at rllmuk said you need to

Log in, go to my account, go to where it says what you're on now and click the 'change' button next to it.

Then it tells you about any change that can be made..
                  Also there's a que jumping one off fee of 15 quid, if you want teh upgrade quicker..

Comment

_Reading_ the text in that link, the tool is only there to inform you as soon as your speed has been increased. It does a periodic speed check and sends an email when the bandwidth has been increased. Nothing there saying you must install it for the extra bandwidth.

Comment

Aye I know, I just didn't want a program randomly lagging me in WoW, is all.

Comment

" Change Service

Service Temporarily Unavailable

Unfortunately, it was not possible to check the availability of ADSL on your telephone line due to a major BT system failure affecting all ISPs.

An availability check is required in order to determine which ADSL services are available to you.

This is a temporary condition which should be resolved by BT soon. "

How convenient.

Comment

Sod it - we could use the extra bandwidth now, so paid the 15 quid.

IIRC, the BT upgrades were going to take place in April, not sure if pipex users will have to wait that long. Still, decent price innit - 23 quid for 1meg now. I was reading on adslguide that the focus of comments has shifted from "why can't I get dsl" to "can I get faster dsl". We're actually ahead of places like Japan etc in terms of coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu
                            Sod it - we could use the extra bandwidth now, so paid the 15 quid.

IIRC, the BT upgrades were going to take place in April, not sure if pipex users will have to wait that long. Still, decent price innit - 23 quid for 1meg now. I was reading on adslguide that the focus of comments has shifted from "why can't I get dsl" to "can I get faster dsl". We're actually ahead of places like Japan etc in terms of coverage.
                            yeah an 10 years behind with actual exchange servce.. thanks to BT's sloppy monopoly.. i want a bloody 10 meg line..

Comment

When I first got Pipex, it said I was too far away from the exchange to get 1Mb. So I guess I'm going to be disappointed. If not, w00t!

Comment

Working...
                              X