No announcement yet.

Pipex upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey thanks for the Bittorrent tips guys. Im on Pipex and wondered why i was gotting so slow speeds. Is there any way that you can 'encrypt' p2p downloads using limewire though?

Comment

I wish Pipex would get their act together with the max service, im in a weird situation at the moment, in that it will be 12 months with pipex at the end of july. Now before i was perfectly happy with my solo 1000 service, and looking forward to upgrading to their max service, but since this throttling p2p business im not so sure anymore
      Last edited by JonSt; 25-04-2006, 22:36.

Comment

Mate. if I was you, I would jump ship the minute your contract runs out with PIPEX. Their p2p throttling is bollocks, man and it doesn't just happen during "peak hours" like PIPEX will have you believe either - it's 24/7!!
        Last edited by Kongster; 25-04-2006, 23:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster
          Mate. if I was you, I would jump ship the minute your contract runs out with PIPEX. Their p2p throttling is bollocks, man and it doesn't just happen during "peak hours" like PIPEX will have you believe either - it's 24/7!!
          Any recommendations for others?

I've been told Zen are pretty good. I'm trying to remember exactly when my contract is up, it started on the 29th of june last year, so I'm assuming its the 29th this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster
            yep the throttling is bollox but easily worked around if you encrypt. i was getting **** dl's, changed to uttorent and started to encrypt them and im back to maxing out my line.

Comment

Originally posted by JonSt
              Any recommendations for others?

I've been told Zen are pretty good. I'm trying to remember exactly when my contract is up, it started on the 29th of june last year, so I'm assuming its the 29th this year.
              Erm...none that I can think of right now, but BT have updated a load of exchanges nationwide recently and as a result there should be faster and (hopefully) cheaper broadband packages emerging. Keep an eye out!

Comment

Originally posted by simoran1
                yep the throttling is bollox but easily worked around if you encrypt. i was getting **** dl's, changed to uttorent and started to encrypt them and im back to maxing out my line.
                True, but make the most of it because PIPEX will be updating their software fairly sharpish so that I'll be able to detect the encryption on p2p traffic!

Comment

Working...
                X