Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Region Free Xbox/Xbox 360 Games (list in thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know if PAL Phantasy Star Universe on 360 is region free? Checked around the net and there seems to be a question over whether the PAL version works on an NTSC-J console.

Comment

How did UT 3 Pal work on your NTSC Xbox 360. I rented here in Germany and said it was region locked when loaded.

Comment

Anyone know if SBK is playable on NTSC-J???

Would love a go but doesnt look like it's coming out in Japan as it's not listed on Play-Asia

Ta

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
          Shutokou Battle X is not region free.
          yes so i ended up buying import tuner challenge as its called over here, which is a rubbish name.

Comment

According to Play Asia the JPN and US version of Madden NFL 09 are totally region free - are EA about to turn some sort of corner?

Although I guess it's best not to get too excited just yet if the rumours re: the online side of Mercenaries 2 is anything to go by.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
              According to Play Asia the JPN and US version of Madden NFL 09 are totally region free - are EA about to turn some sort of corner?

Although I guess it's best not to get too excited just yet if the rumours re: the online side of Mercenaries 2 is anything to go by.
              The rumour's not that it's another Army of Two situation online is it?

Comment

I wouldn't rush out & import Madden 09 just yet.

VG+ have tested the US version on their PAL 360 and say it is not region free (as is always the case with EA games). I suspect P-A may have made a bit of a faux pas.

I should get the US Collector's Edition later this week so will try Head Coach 09 on my PAL 360 and post the results here....although I'm 99.999999% certain that'll be locked too.
                Last edited by tom-nook; 12-08-2008, 18:56.

Comment

The rumour's not that it's another Army of Two situation online is it?
                  That's the word - someone posted about it in the games headlines thread.

Originally posted by tom-nook View Post
                  I wouldn't rush out & import Madden 09 just yet.

VG+ have tested the US version on their PAL 360 and say it is not region free (as is always the case with EA games). I suspect P-A may have made a bit of a faux pas.
                  So they have.

Disregard then, looks like PA have made a mistake.

Comment

Just updating my list of games and there are three that I can't confirm. Can anyone tell me whether or not the following will work on an American console:

Civilization Revolution (PAL)
                    Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Volume 2 (PAL)
                    Zegapain XOR (NTSC-J)

I suspect the answer is "yes, yes, no" but it'd be nice to know for sure.

Comment

Just updating my list of games and there are three that I can't confirm. Can anyone tell me whether or not the following will work on an American console:

Civilization Revolution (PAL)
                      Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Volume 2 (PAL)
                      Zegapain XOR (NTSC-J)

I suspect the answer is "yes, yes, no" but it'd be nice to know for sure.
                      Not sure if it helps Paul, but XBLA v2 works the other way round (US disc on a PAL 360).

Comment

Just received my US Madden 09 Collector's Edition from VG+ & tested the discs on my PAL 360.

The Madden 09 or NFL Head Coach 09 discs are not region free.

There are loads of listings on ebay selling 'region free' US & Asian copies of Madden 09, so I presume EA must be pressing different discs for the CE & standard editions of the game.

Edit 26/08: VG+ have updated their blog to say that they made a mistake.....standard US version of Madden 09 is indeed region free as other reports have suggested. CE is not.
                        Last edited by tom-nook; 26-08-2008, 20:32.

Comment

Just to confirm Standard Asian Madden '09 is region free on PAL 360

Neil

Comment

More EA region free goodness.

P-A have confirmed that Tiger Woods 09 Asian & US versions work on a PAL 360.

ntsc-uk affiliate link to the Asian version below if anyone's looking to order:

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 for Xbox360Tiger's coach Hank Haney is now your coach - helping you to improve your performance throughout your careerTune your clubs to maximize your swingNo longer do you have to build your character up from scratch. Skill are set at the beginning of your career based on your skill level and will go up and down based on your play just like real golfAfter every round your coach Hank Haney will provide feedback and customized training drills to help you improve your gameLongest drive challenges, closest to the pin and more are all delivered directly ...

Comment

Can anyone confirm if PAL or US Infinite Undiscovery will work on an Asian 360? Thanks

Comment

VG+ have confirmed that the US release of NHL 09 is region locked (normal service has been resumed then.....)

Comment

Working...
                                X