No announcement yet.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection & CFJ: Gamertag list & Online Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppose...someone who was a bit skilled at modding sticks and that guff...could they break open a pad and take the Voice comm port out of it and wire that into the magic box? Or is that too far fetched...

Anyway...Streetest Dude, whats your Tag? BadRubberPiggy?

Comment

Your best bet is a stick wired up to an Xbox Joypad PCB if you need voice. Bear in mind though that voice = bandwidth = possibility of more lag.

Comment

Anyone know where I can buy indestructable PS2 pads????

Comment

You might as well invest in a HRAP...even a pad destroying nutter like you will have some difficulties breaking that.

Also, i think you should go see a quack about your rage. I hope its not triggered when i play you.

Comment

LOL Our dave, destroyer of pads. You should've seen the teeth marks in the last one o_0

I'll treat the couch as punch bag after some particular scrubby shoto has made off with 7 wins at my expense >_<

@Yash - apparently voice comms being on makes no dicernable difference to lag. They reckon over shoryuken.com anyway. When i first went online i used the spad + voice and played jassi on 512k connection and still had flawless matches. ^_^

Comment

Streetest Dude is Leo2Street4U - just beat him good, despite his cries of lag to defend his rubbishness.

GG's against Moodmon just now, despite a disconnect at one point... if my maths is right, you beat me by one (4-2 to me, then 5-2 to you). Your Ibuki is clearly better than mine - you can tell I'm learning with her, even though my old-school practices really are dying hard - and I haven't a clue what I was doing with Hugo or Dudley... that I even found any moves for Hugo during the fight was a miracle.

Still, at least I pulled off Ibuki's taunt once - always makes me laugh. Apologies for the quick quit out, but the girlfriend has just come home; can't play games when there's only one TV in the house, can I?

Oh, and Shend - stop playing SFIII first thing in the morning. It comes up on my MSN at work and makes me really jealous.
              Last edited by martTM; 09-02-2005, 20:24.

Comment

><

Been thinking about getting a stick but I find myself totally incapable of using them in beat em ups, even tho they do feel totally natural to use when I'm not actually using one to play a game with. A little practice in with shend where I wont be feeling the rage so much as he is equally crap with one might be a good way to learn how to use them.

Triggers for my rage are as following. Losing to cheap ****ty people I know I'm better than. Playing like a useless lump of turd, usually against cheap ****ty people I know I'm better than. The spad is also a guaranteed rage builder, why the hell is that start button there! Was also getting quite peeved trying to 1 combo the 1st stage on the Chilli level for DKJB, luckly did it before the bongo durability was tested.

Don't really remember any point where I've been driven to my newest found expensive hobby when fighting people from here. Maybe a little with MadMarc the 1st time I played him, but was having an off day then anyway

Have also known to feel the rage on Viewtiful Joe trying to Rainbow V area 1-2, damn barrels. And Ikaruga after constantly blowing my chain again, usuall on stage 1 coz thats when I'll reset and try again coz I know I can easy 100+ chain it and shouldnt be dying, specially not to the bloody boss. Snapped my KillerCuts CD coz of that, let me tell you, I wasnt impressed.

Punching soft stuff doesnt help to calm me down, it gotta feel theres some good impact there. My TV remote is now held together with cut up pieces of inner tube due to being the target of a swung pad that caused it to split in 2 and the top bit of the plastic to bend just a little bit __/. Also one of the batteries is quite dented which I'm a little worried about.

Gone thru a few keyboards aswell due to internet not connecting rage or annoying deaths as I was gonna log off from when I used to play EverQuest, worst moment being as I was leaving a zone and got attacked by the boss of it just as I was in the last stretch of water about to log off. Bloody Ghoul Lord... stupid game.

I do manage to control myself before I destroy anything expesive or irreplacable though. Minus the killercuts cd incident.
                Last edited by teodi; 09-02-2005, 20:35.

Comment

Shend is a whipped student. That's the only time he can play.

Also I wasnt even drunk while typing all of the above

Comment

Comment

Got my stick... just need the magic box now.

Comment

This semester has worked well for me.

I get mondays and wednesdays off XD

Missus HATES SF especially the noises the DC pad makes tapping the buttons, so evening games are a no-go. So i've landed on me feet ^_^

I've done half the character roster now in arcade. Got an A overall with chun li just doing 4+HP and HP o_0
                        This is all part of my plan to reduce shoto rage. You see, the second some geezer starts with ken whoring, out comes Gill and whole world of extreme unfariness and pain manifests itself. BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA*cough*

Comment

That the stick you on about Jassi? Capcom Fighting Jam edition tho. Curious about that game. Had a look thru manual today. Roster seems a little small. Alex, Yun, Urien, Chun-Li (chun-****ing-li?!?) from 3s. Ryu, Bison,... um, 2 others from sf2. No morrigan from Darkstalkers!!! Least not in the starting line up. Only PS2 version in tho. It gonna be out on the box?

Edit: Sorry cant help but laugh. Chinese new year. Year of the Cock. Teehee
                          Last edited by teodi; 09-02-2005, 20:52.

Comment

Im gonna get one of these

株式会社ホリのホームページです。ホリはゲームをもっと楽しくする、安心・安全な製品を提供するゲーム周辺機器メーカーです。

Plus...i dont think getting or playing CFJ will be healthy for you Teodi. Its got alot of hitbox detection bull****, and you will lose matches due to dying to say...a walking MK from Zangief x n. Also, you will gain a immense hatred for Guile in that game. Thats some of the dodgyness i found while playing the game for about 3hrs with some mates a few weeks back, its fun...but its not polished or refined like 3s.

Its out in March on live too btw, and i think out on pal ps2 this Friday.

Comment

Our Dave works in a games shop, he's been reading the CFJ manual instead of working, again ^_^

Comment

nice matches with singho tonight.... my first judgement too.
                                i really thought my super finish would sway it for me, but then that first bitch put up your elena card, i knew it was over. still cool though.

and as always, loads of really tight match-ups with moodmon
                                double ibuki sticks out as being especially memorable.
                                i couldnt keep up the doubles after the Q match though. i've never used him before, so i was quite surprised my smashing buttons worked reasonably well.
                                good stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X