No announcement yet.

Battlefield 2 Server now up - 194.70.50.89 Uber fast connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a solution to the video resolution problems so now I'm full screen in 16:10. Much better now.

Finding a good server isn't easy, so many of them seem to have terrible lag. A 5 second lock-up isn't exactly what you want when you're flying a helicopter! I think this could be great fun once they patch it up.

Screen res solution - http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...pic.php?t=1030

Comment

I only had real problems when tweking the graphic setting, but my computers 2 years old now I guess.

Comment

Hey chaps,

As a neutral envoy to both NTSC and GreenHillZone, the chaps from there are forming a clan and want to know if any of you lot are up for some big versus matches?

As I'm sans BF2 atm (BLOODY GF4), you should get in touch with Stu or Rep to set something up.
        Last edited by hankwangford; 11-06-2005, 21:57.

Comment

Looks like ill have to try this demo on the projector tonight @ 1280x720
          Already very impressed with the game although ive only been doing single player.

Surprised the audio hasnt yet been mentioned as the audio is definately one of the best examples of 7.1 in the use of sound effects ever in a game.
          Last edited by RAD73; 12-06-2005, 11:08.

Comment

Dloading now. Hope my 9200 can muster some kind of acceptable framerate......

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
              Dloading now. Hope my 9200 can muster some kind of acceptable framerate......
              Same here, SE to boot.

Let me know how you get on - it's the only thing putting me off ATM.

Brothers in Arms ran like complete crap on my system (XP2600+, 1gb 3200RAM, 9200)........first game i've played in a while - for PC - I must say, but everything else I played handled just fine - Call of Duty (plus the expansion), all the MOHAAs, UT2004 etc.

Comment

Charlie5 - Your PC spec sounds exactly the same as mine

It's the 256mb version I have dunno if that'll help at all - HL2 ran fine as did CoD, UT2004 etc. Know in about 15 minutes I don't think I'll be seeing the giddy heights of 1600*1200 tho.

EDIT : Nope - Didn't work - Dloaded the latest Catalyst drivers but that didn't help either - Getting a mouse cursor on what I presume is the menu screen with a bit of music then the VPU recover kicks it out.... grrrr.
                Last edited by Yoshimax; 12-06-2005, 12:12.

Comment

I'm playing it on a athlon 2800+ with 1gig of 2700 and a 9600XT (so not what you'd call super spec) and it runs beautifully, better than bf and bfv in fact.

I love it to bits so far, the commander and squads adds quite a bit. My old bfv/dc clan is reforming for it and I can't wait

Comment

Have an AMD64 3400+, 1Gig of 2700 and an geforce 5900XT and it all runs pretty well, found I can max most settings out.

Can't believe I had to manually change the resolution to 1280 * 1024 though and I'm not having much fun with the server browser either.

Otherwise once you get it all going, fantastic. Sheltering under the train while it was being bombarded was already been one highlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pump
                      Have an AMD64 3400+, 1Gig of 2700 and an geforce 5900XT and it all runs pretty well, found I can max most settings out.

Can't believe I had to manually change the resolution to 1280 * 1024 though and I'm not having much fun with the server browser either.

Otherwise once you get it all going, fantastic. Sheltering under the train while it was being bombarded was already been one highlight.
                      The server browser is incresibly unresponsive isn't it. Locks up on my system for 5-10 seconds, comes back for a few seconds, then locks up again.

I'm pretty sure the game isn't quitting properly when I've finished playing and go back to Windows. If the game is running after a reboot the server browser is useable (just). But if the game is running for the 2nd time or more, then it's virtually impossible to use.

Still unsure why I'm getting so many splutters in game too. I usually have a ping of around 20, and even with nobody in the game with a ping over 100, the game will still pause frequently and take a good few seconds to come back.

It is fun when it's running well though. The variety of vehicles is great, although the planes are really too fast for such a small map.

Comment

Just started getting splutters in my game
                        Had no problems at first and had some truly great games, now every server I seem to connect feels very laggy making it almost unplayable even with a low pings across the board.

Comment

I completely agree with you about the planes. Take off, You've Left The Area. Die.

At least with the helicopters it is more...Take off...land on the blades and die. Hmm

Comment

I've tried playing this game but not enjoying it much so far, mainly because I can't work out what you need to do to win or how to do basic things (e.g. tells me to destroy a radar, but doesn't say how or what with... also messages popping up along the lines of 'you have a new order from your squadleader', yet it doesn't say what it is or where to find it).

So really, I just wander around aimlessly shooting the odd person here and there. By the way, is it possible to alter the rate of zoom with the sniper rifle? Seems rather pointless if you can't.

Comment

You only have one zoom with the sniper, which I agree is quite odd. I find the class pretty difficult to use to be honest, even shooting someone blatently in the head they don't always die...

When you receive orders it will show up on the map, a line coming from you to where the objective is. It's very clear, to be honest

To destroy something, you can use C4 (Special Forces, my class), or similar. You don't have to destroy anything to win, but it does make life easier.

Comment

The planes and helos are similar to the DC/V ones, they just take a little practise, if anything they're easier now than before. CapsLock gives you the squad/commander screen, very handy and well worth making use of. If you destroy the Radars it removes some of the commander's capabilities.

I can't see how anyone who played 42/DC/V for any length of time will have difficulties with it, it's much friendlier and more forgiving now. I love the feeling of fleeing from an artillery strike with the blurred vision.

Comment

Working...
                                X