No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XI 360 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. Also, what does the '?' mean next to my name? The Japanese guy I played with mentioned something about being able to choose skills or something when I hit Level 5. Is that right? I am Lv 5 now.

Comment

The ? beside your name means you're a New Adventurer - You have to go to the help desk and turn it off from there I believe.

Skills will be automatically given to you at certain levels depending on your job. If you're one of the mages then you can probably buy a few scrolls on the auction house or at a magic shop, that you can learn now because of your level.

One bit of advice that i'm not sure you've been told or not, is to stick with the same type of weapon throughout and learn the weapon skills that come with it.

Comment

Cheers for the info. I have been seriously thrown in at the deep end with the game, I am really not sure what I am doing to be honest! Tomorrow I am going to try and get some cash together to buy a world pass.

Is it right that if my friend from another server comes over he will have to restart on level 1?

Comment

Yo don't want to bother with a world pass until retail and you settle on a server, they'll serve no purpose for beta

Comment

I'm only on a 512k line & i took about 2 hours in total to download & install. If you value your sanity, don't enter your personal info with the joypad - it took longer to do than the ****ing download. I felt so stressed, it's soul destroying! Played the game for 5 mins, had to give up. The text on screen is so small I couldn't read it!! This is on a 32" LCD.

Is it possible to hook up with friends & have a big gay noob love in?! If so, anybody fancy it tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon
              Yo don't want to bother with a world pass until retail and you settle on a server, they'll serve no purpose for beta
              So you I wont be able to play with my mates through the beta?

Comment

Originally posted by dc-arena
                So you I wont be able to play with my mates through the beta?
                There's only one server for the beta, so everyone will be on the same server anyway.

When the game hits retail, THEN it'll merge with all the different servers, and that's when you'll need to buy a world pass for everyone to be on the same one.

Yes they'll need to remake their character.

Comment

Thanks for the info, cheers.

I wonder if you'll be able to carry over your character from the beta to the full game?

Comment

Sounds like with this game, you *have* to play in a group to really get anywhere at all. Am I right in saying that?

Eh, myabe it's not for me. I mean, I know group play is the whole point and all that, but I often like to just do my own thing and progress at my own pace.
                    Regardless, still gonna give this game another shot, since I hate the fact that so many people love it to bits and I'm not feeling it... makes me feel I'm missing something.

Comment

One quicky; Is anyone loading this directly from the dashboard without putting the disc in, or do you have to put the disc in to load. I tried to find the game in the dash but couldn't, but I could be looking in the wrong place!

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                        Sounds like with this game, you *have* to play in a group to really get anywhere at all. Am I right in saying that?
                        This is 99% correct. Once you reach Level 10 all Leveling from 10 > 75 will be done in parties of 6. There is one main exception which is the advanced job of Beastmaster (which I don't know that much about...). There are however many Missions, Quests and other activites that you can do Solo, while some tasks will require Alliances of up to 18 people.

To be honest its the group play that makes this game so good. I don't think I would play it if there was loads of solo stuff. Its fun whether you are playing with your friends or just a random collection of Europeans, Japanese or Americans (mostly^^).

Comment

I really wish they would have choosen WOW for 360 release instead of this.

Comment

Awsome, got it this morning just installing it now! cant wait, really missed playing this on the PC and made myself hold out for the 360 version before starting again i used to be a lvl 30 war / 23 drk! Got some going before i get back there!

Im starting in bastock cause i know my way about anyone else starting there? If so add me and we can nip to valkrum fom lvl 12 eh!

"tickle360"

ta

P.S A usb keyboard makes installing it so much easier! Also i played WOW for a month and i prefair this. You just have to give it until lvl 10!

Comment

I guess people just need to give it a chance. I picked up the PC version at launch having never played a MMORPG before, simply on the strength of it being a FF game which I am a huge fan of. I figured I would play for a month or two just to experience it. Its now 16 months later, I have played over 1000 hours (which have been fit arround my family life, my business and other interests!), and there is still so much to see and do in the game. I still enjoy logging on to play as much as I did in the first months. I decided to quit the game before christmas due mainly to my lack of free time now, but after two weeks away it was clear that it couldn't be done...

I did try WoW this year and while it is obviously a very good game with visuals generally way beond FFXI, in my opinion the game is not a patch on the FFXI immersive experience. One important advantage that is often overlooked in WoW vs FFXI, and only one that became apparant to me as I got into WoW is that in WoW you have your character that levels up. You can only party with friends (for Experience and similar goals etc) if they are a similar level - usually with 3-5 levels of each other. In FFXI there are currently 15 jobs (with 2 more coming soon) which you level individually from Lv1. What this means for example is I can party at Lv61 with my Red Mage but also with someone else who has not been playing as long, or who is leveling a different job with say my Black Mage which is currently at Lv30, or indeed with a totally new player with one of my jobs that is still at Lv1.

I also found the players, generally to be much more friendly and helpful in FFXI...
                              Last edited by talizker; 11-01-2006, 08:23.

Comment

Took me two hours from start to finish to get this online!
                                anyone know how to start a link shell ive forgot!

Im in bastok by the way!
                                Last edited by djtickle; 11-01-2006, 10:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X