No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XI 360 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The FAQ on the PlayOnline Website states it only requires silver access.

My question is:

Does it need a hard drive or not?

Comment

Yep, it installs 6 gig onto it when You first boot it up, then it tortures you by downloading a bunch of files which the servers don't want you to have. EVIL

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
        Don't worry too much you guys, it appears that the server are
        1. ****

or

2. Being hammered from people downloading all the updates.

I've been waiting 3 hours now and only 1 out of 27 files has downloaded it.

Its going so slowly that the downloader has gone so far past the 99 hours mark that it can't work out how long its going to take.
        I remember when I first got the PC game, it was the same. Dispite buying the game disc on the day it came out, it seemed to download all the game files over again or something because it downloaded a good few hundred files, and took HOURS. Then the download hit an error messege at 98% and I had to do it all again.

Sounds like the same **** all over again.

EDIT - This thing takes up 6 GIG? There's only 13Gig usable space anyway...

Comment

That is what I read, but due to the fact it took like 2minutes to install, I don't beleive that figure for some reason

Comment

I'm going to Tesco. I'll see if they have it there. They probably won't, as this is Burnley, and no one's heard of Microsoft let alone Xbox.

Comment

That 2 minutes is just the Play Online software. The game takes about 60 minutes.

Comment

Just picked the mag up at my local newsagents in the Mansfield area so I would imagine all the Nottinghamshire area should of had there`s today.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                  I'm going to Tesco. I'll see if they have it there. They probably won't, as this is Burnley, and no one's heard of Microsoft let alone Xbox.
                  get yersen on't bus to colne...

Comment

My housemate is going nuts over this, I hope that the magazine is avalible soon before he starts twitching again.

Comment

I'll say this, its takes AGES to install. Taken about an hour an a half so far and just managing to get into the game. It better not be poo!

Comment

Stick with FFXI. You might find it very hard to start off with, or at least I did until I had someone to hold my hand through it.

I've at least got up to WHM20/BLM10 mastered. Though I have no clue what to do from there.

Comment

Must admit, I tried SO SO HARD to enjoy this game on the PC, being a big fan of the previous FF games.... but I just didn't get it, couldn't like it... i suppose I wanted FF online and it didn't feel like it was delivering.

That said, I'm well prepared to give the game another chance, hence me tyring to buy the beta test on 360.

Comment

I personally found that it clicked around level 10 when you visited the Valkurm Dunes.

A lot of people said that they hated the game around that point but I found it very involving and tactical, what with learning how to do skillchains, magic bursts, EXP chains, everyone working together.

Comment

can anyone answer then, does it need a HD to run?

Comment

Originally posted by LamerEater
                                can anyone answer then, does it need a HD to run?
                                Yeah it does mate. You need to install it on the HD and some updates as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X