Final Fantasy XI 360 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watusi
    I'll say this, its takes AGES to install. Taken about an hour an a half so far and just managing to get into the game. It better not be poo!
    WHAT!

I've been waiting 5 hours for the updates to install.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
      WHAT!

I've been waiting 5 hours for the updates to install.

Why not cancel and do it again?

Comment

I have about 50 freaking times, it just doesn't want to work

Comment

Grr old mag in all the shops near me still! hope it turns up tomoz!

Comment

The servers are gonna be packed out for the next week its gonna be hell trying to get the game going.

Comment

ugh, i guess i need to buy a HD. Yucky, i have a holiday to go on too

Comment

This has left me cold so far, to be fair though I got bored just wandering round the starting city. Not even had a battle yet Will give it ago over the weekend when I can spend some time with it.

Comment

Originally posted by watusi
                  This has left me cold so far, to be fair though I got bored just wandering round the starting city. Not even had a battle yet Will give it ago over the weekend when I can spend some time with it.
                  What city did you choose? Or do you not get a choice in the beta?

I can just tell a lot of people aren't going to like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X
                    What city did you choose? Or do you not get a choice in the beta?

I can just tell a lot of people aren't going to like this.
                    The Elf city (can't remember the name). I'm willing to give it a go, but its not very immediate.

Comment

Could somebody help me out with some questions please?

1 - How do I find out what server I am in? I was playing tonight and met up with a Japanese guy and he showed me the basics of the game which was cool. I started in what looks like a castle. Very nice.

2 - Once I know what server I am in, how do I get my mates to join me who are about to get the game? A World Pass you say? How do I get one of them?

Thanks!

Comment

Like with most MMORPGs, you really need to devote some serious time to this - I started the PC version back at the end of 03 and there's still HEAPS and HEAPS of stuff I've not done. I can understand how this might not appeal to everyone, but I can't really fault it that much - very social game (waiting for a group can tend to drag on a bit, but you can always quest or craft to kill time).

You do have plenty of time to get used to it though, takes around 20 levels to get into it however, by that time you'll have reached the game's capital city of Jeuno and its from there that you find yourself groups for questing etc.

Comment

San D'Oria is the Elvaan city.

I'll be starting in Bastok myself.

A world pass costs money - More money depending on the population of the server. I think the guy who sells the world pass in San D'Oria is somewhere near the magic shop.

It can be used multiple times within the space of a few days, I think.

Daragon is right - This game takes a lot of time to get used to, and you're given very little help as to where to go and what to do - You need to rely on other players for that.

Comment

Bah...I sodding subscribed on the ?6 offer and its not arrived yet.

Not that I've bought a USB keyboard yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X
                              San D'Oria is the Elvaan city.

I'll be starting in Bastok myself.

A world pass costs money - More money depending on the population of the server. I think the guy who sells the world pass in San D'Oria is somewhere near the magic shop.

It can be used multiple times within the space of a few days, I think.

Daragon is right - This game takes a lot of time to get used to, and you're given very little help as to where to go and what to do - You need to rely on other players for that.

Relying on others for the most part is truer now than it was back at Japan's launch a few years ago. If you continue with this game past the beta stage, you'll join a server thats likely affected by what I'd call extreme economy hiking - player greed and gil sellers seem to have combined and prices on the sought after items rise by several hundred thousand gil almost daily. The 50 gil starter gift doesn't go as far as it used to, but for the earlier levels, you should be able to get by with selling crystals that drop from enemies.

The price of a world pass isn't dependant on server population I don't think. I'm pretty sure a pass is a set fee of 1000 gil but I could be wrong - either way, its a minimal obstacle to overcome.

Comment

Definately not a set fee - I've been on about 3 or 4 different servers and they've definately been more expensive when the servers are more packed.

I got to level 20 purely through selling fire crystal bundles, and shifting my old equipment on the auction house.

Comment

Working...
                                X