Final Fantasy XI 360 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talizker / Galka / MNK / Bastok / Lv5

Its been a long, long time since a stack of Fire Crystals went for 300g ^^ I am struggling for enough gil just to equip myself at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by huxley
      Yup just confirms Game are still giving jobs to pratts!
      It was a woman manager too - One wearing a business suit who thinks she is the ****. I might try and trade some f**king expensive Neo carts in tomorrow just to piss her off as she obviously thinks I'm a lout with my skin'ead and hoody and 'cheeky' northern accent everytime I call her 'luv'.

I'll show her some payslips too for ID. Ooooorrrhhhh... How I love being a c**t at times

Comment

Finally got hold of it Installing now

Comment

Finally got mine this morning too, I'll be online this evening

Comment

I played this briefly on the pc years ago but hardly got anywhere with it, so decided to pick up the 360 beta and give it a shot.

I got it installed last night, made a monk named Vestan and then ran around Bastok for a bit and got to level 4. I couldn't really chat to anyone though as I don't have a USB keyboard (yet).

I was a bit disappointed with the graphics. I know it's only a port of an old ps2 / pc game, but there's a lot of tearing and pop up, and even some slowdown in places.

I enjoyed it though, so I'm sure I'll be back on tonight. I get addicted to these games so easily

Comment

Just wondering, where should I be playing so I can play with everyone else on here?

Comment

Most of us are based in Bastok, so if your character is either a hume or galka and you choose to start there you get yourself a nice extra piece of equipment in the form of a ring with 2 stat bonuses

Comment

Cheers, will go to Bastok as soon as I've finished with these blasted updates.

MythJM if anyone fancies adding me.

Comment

Graphically this is disappointing. I knew not to expect a massive graphical improvement over my PC version but S-E had said that the draw distance would be improved but it wasn?t as far as I could tell (maybe this will be improved for retail). A Linkshell friend from retail version was also on and we both agreed that graphically it was not enhanced in any way and maybe even a touch worse (things seemed slightly blurrier (especially writing on people?s names).

However my brother (who plays FFXI on a lower spec PC than me) was far more impressed so anyone who has been playing on the PS2 version or lower res PC will see an improvement.

Also, playing it in widescreen for the first time (n a much larger panel) obviously increased the visual impact the game has.

Still I did enjoy my couple of hours last night. Playing on this new server felt a much ?purer? experience. I always wanted to get in on a new server from the very start with no high level people.

Comment

I do prefer this to the PC version, its alot easier to play and feels faster too - that could be due to only having 500 odd people on the server but still.

The tearing/vsync issue is definately a problem. It can be turned off in the PC version but there's no option for it here and for some reason it causes my eyes to strain which is never a good thing.

Hopefully, the case with most beta programs will be in play here - not everything will have been properly implemented yet. For example, the temporary logout option is disabled - a minor little quirk but its something, and I've also noticed the draw distance hasn't been improved as far as I could see and this was meant to be part of the attraction of the 360 version.

Comment

gonna try get this today, wish i never sold my 75BST on Ragnarok now

Comment

Am I the only one who hasnt got a clue where to go from the start? All I've done is walk around for about an hour.

Comment

That?s the point, there is no ?go to place?, do want you want. This game doesn?t lead you by a leash at all. Most people when they start hand in there adventuring coupon to NPC the cutscene told you about when you started, after that go out the town explore, fight, die or walk about the town talking to NPC opening up town quests or even a Gate Guard, the one in the Red armor gives out Nation Mission?s

Comment

Start by talking to one of the guards posted at the city gate and have him cast signet on you - then go outside and start killing stuff

Make sure after you select an enemy you use the "check" option. Easy Prey, Decent Challenge and Even Match enemies are what you want to be killing, don't go for anything other than or it either won't get you exp or it will probably kill you.

Comment

Cheers I noticed I had a sword which wasn't equiped and I seem to be getting the hang of it a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X