No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XI 360 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fine, then take pity on me by saying hello or something. Yeesh!

Comment

I will mate certainly, can give you a bit of a tutorial if you need to. Best town to start in will be Bastok, that's where everyone is. Oh, and you'll need to tell us your characters name

Comment

A Whm sub on melee character will offer zero gain, plus once you reach 10-15 you will be parting with people that would do the healing job while you do the nuking/meleeing/tanking job. Once you hit 18 you can activate the subjob quest which you will need 3 rare/ex items that drop of exp mob?s in Dunes and other places.

Soloing past 15 will become stupidity slow and very boring fighting hard fights with lots of downtimes for 25-40exp. Solo till 11/12?ish, then get in parties to start learning the basic?s of Hate control, Pulling, chaining exp combo?s and weaponskill skillchains

Comment

been wondering this, for the future etc, what would be a good subjob for a Red Mage? It's always puzzled me

Comment

Anyone want to meet up about 7-8 ish and forum a party and do some good ole killing and travveling?

Comment

Originally posted by El Leone
              Anyone want to meet up about 7-8 ish and forum a party and do some good ole killing and travveling?
              i'm up for it el, am only level 7 though. problem?

Comment

BLM is the most common sub for RDM. RDM primary roles are enfeebler (debilitating the monster by spells such as Slow, Paralyze, Blind etc.) and, after level 41, Refresh whore (Refresh is a spell that allows the person it is cast on recover MP without resting, an MP version of Regen).

Effectiveness of enfeeble spells is largely determined by the INT stat and a BLM subjob offers the greatest boost to INT (as well as the greatest INT boost).

Comment

Originally posted by Kizzycrew
                  I will mate certainly, can give you a bit of a tutorial if you need to. Best town to start in will be Bastok, that's where everyone is. Oh, and you'll need to tell us your characters name
                  Might have to take you up on that matey.

Still installing at the minute though. But I'm sure my name will be something as boring as "Keith".

Comment

I'll help with the tutorial aswell - A white mage is invaluable in those starting levels to help you powerlevel.

Comment

I have a dilemma.

Do I sell my Legionnaire's Staff or do I keep it for the HP and MP bonus? I already have a willow wand which boosts my MND by 2, and I don't know what would be a better bonus to have.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                        I don?t think you?ll get any experience from the mobs in Zeruhn Mines any more. Remember once an enemy checks as ?Too weak to be worthwhile? it will not reward any experience.
                        I know, that geezer mentioned something about a gate in there with worms and stuff though.

Comment

Willow Wand or its +1 ver(+3 stats) if that's even been made. the plus stats wil be far more useful to a mage an MP, which can be gained via using food items like apple pie(+20/30mp for 30 mins) or rolanberry pie(+50mp for 30mins)

Also get a Pilgram's Wand, very useful +2healing MP and its free if you camp a lvl12 bird Nortorious Monster in West.Sarabunta(spelling?), its on a 2/3hrs lottery pop(for birds) so should easy to get, check www.ffxi-atlas.com for it actual spawn area.

Comment

Right, that would be Korolloka Tunnel. However you would not be able to solo your way to 18 on the worms there. What Tobal was suggesting was getting a party together there instead of Valkurm Dunes. EXP parties in Korolloka tend to offer (for the most part) greater EXP efficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                              I know, that geezer mentioned something about a gate in there with worms and stuff though.

you'll need a party of 6 to fight in there monster worms are IT+, getting 200+ exp a fight, plus chains of up to 270/300exp (chaining is done by killing even match and above quickly in a usually get 3 mins to kill the next, then 2mins and so on)

Comment

Yeah - I vote for the mines then. It takes 20 minutes to get to the bleeding dunes!!

Comment

Working...
                                X