PSYVARIAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Saur,

I am normally off to the left when the homing missiles are fired, and I cant get out of the way, but I will try staying in the middle.

I know what you mean about being dead centre, I couldnt get past the chain without using a bomb until I realised this.

Still only managed 2500 on the boss though .

Its such an addictive game, and one that can be played in so many different ways.

Comment

I thought i would try and get this thread going again.

Ok, i have been practising Photon on and off for the last 5 weeks. Finally getting the hang of the boss. Getting respectable Buzz now, can consistently get around the 9000 mark, and my high is 9504. Not quite in Saur's and MKY's league, but getting there. As Saur mentioned previously the bosses are all about Buzz, and the importance of managing the level-up meter is essential to getting high Buzz totals, and for staying alive. Looking to get upto 10000 before moving on to the next level.

Right, how is everyone else getting on. Any super scores to brag about?

Comment

OMG MAN!

A brer came round my yard yesterday to get his Cube modded. He asked to see Sickvariar so I put it on, I werent feeling it and started playing Cloudbank to show him how it worked.

The first thing I said when the stage started was "I'm going to die, I know this - so dont laugh" - halfway through the stage I realised I was SMACKING the **** out of it and had a insane buzz!
        Got to the boss and RINSED IT!!11

GOT ANOTHER 1ST PLACE SCORE BABY!!!!11

Marky.....you've got the gift.....

.......but you're not The One. (in fact you havent even SEEN the Oracle yet let alone made any kind of impression on her cookies!)

Comment

Originally posted by wager
          Any super scores to brag about?
          No

I am gradually improving though. I just dont know how people can get 1200+ on the Earth stage though. I can manage around 900, and I pretty much buzz every bullet going so I dont know where the extra points are gonna come from.

I know where I need to improve on all the other stages, just the first one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
            started playing Cloudbank to show him how it worked.

halfway through the stage I realised I was SMACKING the **** out of it and had a insane buzz!
            What Buzz total did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by wager
              started playing Cloudbank to show him how it worked.

halfway through the stage I realised I was SMACKING the **** out of it and had a insane buzz!
              What Buzz total did you get?
              I'll post it when I get back - it was sick!

EDIT: Just looking at the past scores - I think I put 6800buzz up on Cloudbank last night! (6200buzz before)

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
                I am gradually improving though. I just dont know how people can get 1200+ on the Earth stage though. I can manage around 900, and I pretty much buzz every bullet going so I dont know where the extra points are gonna come from.

Any help would be appreciated.
                I was stuck on 900-1000 for quite a while. I know it sounds obvious, but you just have to keep practising. Make sure you keep the ship rotating at all times (whether hold R1 slow or tap R1 fast.) Make sure you get the ship's nose on the tip of crossover bullets points. At the start when the ships fire at you, a stream of bullets come from the left and right directly at you, because the bullets are fired directly at you from an angle at some point they crossover, make sure your ship is positioned to take advantage of both streams (when Buzzing try to move the ship quickly up and down, or left and right depending on the direction of the bullets.) When you get to the large ships, the ones that fire long streams of pink lasers, are you buzzing ALL the pink streams?

Mate, i hope that helps. I find it difficult to explain stuff like this. If i had a video of you doing the level i could see where you were missing out. Maybe if you could tell me what you Buzz scores are at certain stages of the level, for example after the first 6 enemies (3 pairs of 2) you should be upto at least 150 Buzz, if your say only getting 130 then there is imporvement there you can work on.

Comment

Cheers Wager. I am managing to buzz all the pink lasers, but I am clearly missing out on the first 6 enemies as I normally get around 120-130.

I think it is just practise I need, and I will have another look at the video DVD as that might give me a couple of pointers.

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
                    Cheers Wager. I am managing to buzz all the pink lasers, but I am clearly missing out on the first 6 enemies as I normally get around 120-130.
                    No probs. If your missing out 20-30 Buzz at the start, then your probably missing out another 20-30 at the end of the level as well. Same pattern of 3x2 enemies. That's 40-60 Buzz gained straight away.

Comment

EDIT: Just looking at the past scores - I think I put 6800buzz up on Cloudbank last night! (6200buzz before)
                      **** me!! That is some improvement.

Comment

Confirmed!

It was 6200 on Cloudbank, It's not 6800 like I said tho

IT'S 6900 BABY YEAH!

FEEL IT!

Comment

IT'S 6900 BABY YEAH!
                          Very impressive mate.

Improved my Photon Buzz last night. For about 30 minutes i was useless and kept mucking up my level-up meter, then everything just clicked and i got upto 9702.

Comment

Thats heavy ^^

Put up another total high score last night, it's my best one so far - got all the way to X-B on one life and then lost all of them on Graviton XB
                            Messed up the timing on Photon and had to use a couple bombs to get through - MAKE SURE you dont use any bombs on any stages up until XB - this is my biggest screwup; you need them SO BADLY on XB, XC and XD so your bar timing on the boss must be spot on in XA!

I NEED to learn XB cos after XB I can do Colony which is no problem to rinse - but after that they drop XC on ya!

Comment

still getting there as is only got the game yesterday

getting 1700 on forest but i need more practice
                              working one level at a time...

Comment

Got into Psyvariar proper last week when I switched to another controller with a looser analogue stick(I prefer using the analogue stick).

Got 4172 buzz on Volcano.
                                I know I can do much better than this, that's why the game is becoming such an obsession.
                                I'm on Photon boss atm. Problem is, when I dive in with 98-99% full level up bar, there's no telling how full it's gonna be when I pull out again.

Comment

Working...
                                X