No announcement yet.

PSYVARIAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all about the speed of the orbit when you take the 2nd attack off the boss. Time it so that you slow down and come out with a nearly maxed bar - then dive back in for just over a second on the next attack. Bring the ship back down without spinning and dodge that section then the next section with no spin - that'll set you up for the next (big blast of pink shot/streams) make sure you follw the streams outward or you wont build up enough to take section 1 properly again.

Then you repeat ^^ - BTW do you know about the shield-bomb? If your bar is in the wrong place to take an attack hold the bomb button to get an instant shield.

Looking forward to ya highscores man!

Comment

Thanx, that was fast!
      I don't have much of a problem with the different attacks, just need some consistancy on that 2nd attack.

Tryin not to use the shield bombs, I'll only make a habit off it

Comment

Thanx, that was fast!
        I play too much Psyvariar - everything seems slow now!

Originally posted by JammyD
        Tryin not to use the shield bombs, I'll only make a habit off it
        VERY wise man! - I make the mistake of sacrificing shield bombs to maximise BUZZ if my bar isnt right....then when X-B comes up I'm f00k3r3d!!11 >_<

Comment

Right, don't take the piss but I'm an absolute Psyvariar noooobie and I'm mega crap and I'm eager to learn...

What is the secret in being able to level up so quickly from one to another?

I can only seem to get to level 21 on the 1st level and that's trying really hard!

I've tried going into bullets and into the enemy ships whilst invincible and I noticed that I seem to level up much more quickly on the later levels.

Why can't I level up as easy as the geezer on the DVD.
          He makes it seem so piss easy!

Do certain colour bullets level you up quicker than others?

And when I do level up, why do I sometimes get a bigger flash of light that at other times?

Any other tips much appreciated!

Comment

What is the secret in being able to level up so quickly from one to another?
            There are many factors - timing the level up bar and controlling it's position is the best skill to learn early on. The game is so incredibly well balanced and thought out that you will always level up at the right time if you use the shots given to you properly.

The rate of buzz can be controlled. Rapidly moving in opposing directions will spin your ship and speed it up, this increases the buzz rate. On a pad this is very difficult so Success have added a roll button to the PS2 version. The roll button functions as follows: hold down = spinning slow ship, slowly tap = spinning fast ship. You will learn later (during boss battles) that constantly spinning can have it's drawbacks - you can overbuzz a section if you keep spinning, you have to learn when to rinse it for buzz and when not to (all about controlling the level up bar)
            Notice how ISO on the DVD always enters and ends sections with the level up bar near maxed?

Do certain colour bullets level you up quicker than others?
            All shots in Psyvariar have different properties - you'll learn them, the main thing to remember for now is that on stages XA, XB, XC, and XD the buzz rate is halved.

And when I do level up, why do I sometimes get a bigger flash of light that at other times?
            Thats the ship evolving - buzzing evolves the ship. The game is balanced so that if you do everything right you will always have the right evolution stage for the level you are on (EG: 3rd form is perfect for Valley, so you have to level up to at least level 30 by the end of stage 1 to get it at the right time)

Comment

Sick,

I will be playing this in earnest for the the first time tonight. (Chipped PS2 from Will is at the Parcel Force Depot).

I seem to have a natural skill at flying into bullets on most other shmups, looks like this could be an advantage.

Expect some scores soon...

Comment

Im ready for my training! Got a couple of questions if someone dont mind answering.

In the option menu, what does the ROTATION on or off do?

Whats the quickest why to re-try a stage when you **** up?

I been playing EARTH mainly, by restarting the game everytime the level finishes, I can get around 1000 buzz so far. Are you working destruction in by LEVELING UP or by using weapons?

Do you have to chain buzz within a specific time to get higher buzz points?

Can someone sort me out a copy of the DVD if I give them some cash?

Thanks

Comment

Send me your address Mr Province! I'll send you a DVD.

Another brand new product from t3h Saurus' Sick Psyvariar Score Factory, I give you.....

VALLEY!!111

Comment

Nice destruction rate...

Comment

Whats on this DVD and how much are they. I am really enjoying this game but I am crap at it at the moment.

Comment

Very impressive Saur. I can get 37XX on Valley, and thought i was doing well. (*Thinking* Where the hell did Saur get that extra 500 Buzz from?) How much of the Buzz was taken from the Boss?? Any chance of turning the replay into a mpeg?

Comment

Originally posted by wager
                          Very impressive Saur. I can get 37XX on Valley, and thought i was doing well. (*Thinking* Where the hell did Saur get that extra 500 Buzz from?) How much of the Buzz was taken from the Boss?? Any chance of turning the replay into a mpeg?
                          It's ALL about getting the ship right into the Boss's gun turrets when it fires it's 2nd attack during it's first form, it repeats so do it again! >=)

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                            It's ALL about getting the ship right into the Boss's gun turrets when it fires it's 2nd attack during it's first form, it repeats so do it again! >=)
                            Thanks for the advice. I'll try tonight.

I was actually doing something like that - i think Coming off the 1st attack i was getting the ship in between the nose and first turret (either side of the nose) of the Boss. I guess i'm not maximizing (sp?) my Buzz by doing this. Do you mean getting the ship positioned between 2 gun turrets when the Boss starts the 2nd attack or do you mean getting the ship to level-up just prior to the 2nd attack and postioning the ship on top of a firing turret??

Comment

You know when the boss starts it fires a radial series of orange and green shots?

You must be about 90% levelled, weave through it and put the ship right inside the bosses gun turret so that all of the next blue and orange section (the one that's hard to track with your eyes) scrapes past you.

Repeat it and the boss goes into 2nd form, you should be 80-90% levelled so that you BUZZ the first stream and are ready to BUZZ through the 2nd blast round to the back of the boss - skimming the shots from behind.

Swing the ship back round to the front, time it so you get there AS the shot stops not WHEN it stops - you MUST stop BUZZING the back of the boss when your level hits 70%. Stay high and dodge the next section - staying high gives you enough level to repeat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                                You know when the boss starts it fires a radial series of orange and green shots?

You must be about 90% levelled, weave through it and put the ship right inside the bosses gun turret so that all of the next blue and orange section (the one that's hard to track with your eyes) scrapes past you.
                                Got you. Will try tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X