1) Senna
      2) MarioMark
      3) lurch996
      4) TheForce
      5) Charlesr
      6) Talizker
      7)
      8)
      Last edited by Senna; 15-11-2007, 14:48.

Comment

Is it the F1 Silverstone track (the longest)? In other words, can it be that one as I'm doing some warm up laps on it now.
        Last edited by MarioMark; 14-11-2007, 18:43.

Comment

Aye, its the longest one. One of the best tracks IMO. See you tomorrow.

Comment

Sorry chaps, I can't make it as I have to go into work early tonight. I think I missed the last Silverstone one too. :/

Comment

That's a shame, ah well at least you've still got the Nordschleiffe challenge next week, so hopefully you wont miss that.

Thats six people then, so two spare places for anyone who has a friend who fancies a game.

Ill be on this from about eight tonight, so if anyone fancies a couple of warm up races let me know.

Comment

Just heard that my wife and kids are in town for the Christmas lights going on tonight and are due back 8-8.30 (ish) which means I may not be available for an 8.30 start. Feel free to start without me if you want to but i'll try and contact you on Live with an update as to what time I will be available. Sorry about this - was looking forward to coming last around Silverstone as well...

...all joking aside, considering i've been racing round this track in one game or another for 20 odd years I find it suprisingly difficuly getting in consistent fast laps on Forza. I did manage to improve my fastest lap on last nights pre race warm up to 01:46.458 which is a mere 4.2s slower than Senna (who is ranked 134 in the world in R3 class ).

Comment

Cool, we could wait fifteen or so minutes for you I guess, these races usually dont really start until then anyway for one reason or another. But yeah, Ill keep an eye out for an update from you to see whats happening. Cheers for the heads up.

Comment

I'm hopefully still in. If I can't make it, I'll let you know on live.

Comment

too bad some can't join,

But I'll be there for sure this evening !

I hope get home home early as I need some warm up laps after all that PGR4 from the last few days...

Comment

Race 11 Positions

1) Senna
                        2) TheForce
                        3) Lurch996
                        4) charlesr
                        5) MarioMark (unfortunate)

Points updated on first page.

That was a very close race again, cheers guys!

TheForce and I were literally half a second apart for the first half of the race until the pit stops, I managed to get ahead a lap before after he made a small mistake. The gap for the second half again was really consistent, it all came down to a couple of mistakes. Few hundredths between the fastest laps as well.

Unfortunate for you MarioMark as I know what its like to have Forza network problems. At least you managed to finish the race.

Next race is Nurbugring, so the gravel traps will be having a lot of visitors, me included. How many laps do we want to set this to? 8, 9 or 10?

Great to see some new people in this race, lets see if we can get a full house for next week, as this will be the big one.

Cheers.

Comment

yeah absolutely stunning race yesterday, before the pitstop we had some great overtakings between Senna and me, I took a gamble again, and if I didn't make a mistake we would have been close again in the last lap,
                          great stuff !! that's racing !

we had also a (very) close 2 lap practice race on the Nurburgring;

ThaForce and Senna going for it for the victory:

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                          Next race is Nurbugring,
                          How many laps do we want to set this to? 8, 9 or 10?
                          Great to see some new people in this race, lets see if we can get a full house for next week, as this will be the big one.
                          I think we had 8 laps the last time we raced it

can't wait for next race !
                          Last edited by TheForce; 16-11-2007, 11:07.

Comment

Yeah, still loving these races like the first day we had it. Anyone else want to join in!?

Comment

My first race with you guys last night and clearly my car choice* (*my lack of talent) was holding me back

Mike and TheForce (what is your name dude?) were 4 seconds quicker on their fastest laps around Silverston full circuit.

I managed to stick the same distance a way behind Mark once I'd figured out my lines, but then a late pitstop lost me a lot of time. At least while they were in the pits, I wasn't last

I'm gonna get me one of those F430s so I can see just how bad I really am.

Comment

Cool, 8 laps round the 'Ring it is then. Usual damage, tyre rules etc, and usual time Thursday 8:30 if no-one has any objections.

This could be interesting with regards to pit strategy, as do you just pit twice, two long stints and one short one, or do you pit three times and have four equal length stints. Because the lap is so long, driving on cooked tyres for almost eight minutes would not be pleasant.

Comment

Working...
                                X