No announcement yet.

Forza 2 Endurance Race Meet-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I just check, are we restricted to stock R3 cars or are tuned ones being used?
    Last edited by talizker; 07-11-2007, 19:33.

Comment

ah excellent, a full house again !! this could be fun ,

R3 cars can be tuned to your liking.

after the endurance race we can race a few short 5 lap races for the ones that can't get enough or just want revenge !

Comment

Sorry, is it tuned normal R3 cars, or the ones in your garage? I'm out of touch in the game right now and don't have many tuned R3 cars.

Comment

R3 cars are all quite equal and you can't upgrade them, you can just change the settings (tyre pressure, wings, etc) so it shouldn't make such a big difference if you haven't got one in your garage.

Comment

Yeah, it wont make that much difference.

I never tend to tune my cars, the Ferrari F430 GT I normally pick is untuned, as I just dont have time to tune cars. I prefer the pick up and play mentality.

Im sensing that this race tomorrow will be won in the first couple of laps, because between a few of us there is zero difference in lap times. Overtaking cars as quickly as possible will be the key.

Comment

Myself and Clyde should be okay to play tomorrow.

Comment

I'm playing tonight. A friend says he can join, but I'll confirm that today. Could be interesting because he's only ever raced B class online....

Comment

How many people will that be?

Comment

I'm definately good for tonight

Comment

Excellent, by my reckoning thats seven definite, eight if your friend can make it charlesr.

Ill be playing this probably from half seven tonight so if anyone fancies a few short races beforehand, just let me know.

If anyone has time as well after the race, we usually have a few races of about 5 laps, which are sometimes more exciting than the endurance race.

Btw, the last couple of times there have been problems when setting up the lobby, where some people cant get in. Dont worry though if that happens initially, itll just take a couple of minutes to get the problem sorted.

Comment

See you in an hour boys!

Comment

Really enjoyed the games tonight guys - thanks very much. I thought I was fairly decent at Forza but I can tell i'm in a different league here. Still, dispite being lapped on the main race and being 8 (8 OMG!) seconds off the fastest pace I was pleased with my consistancy and tyre management. I will be using the F430 next time, just incase the 911 was letting me down a little

Looking forward to next time!
                          Last edited by talizker; 08-11-2007, 21:28.

Comment

Yeah it was a good race, I thought we all got away clean until my little error.

I knew the top 3 would get away but it could have been a different outcome between us two near the end. I've learned not to pit early again anyway, my tires were wrecked.

Comment

Race 10 Positions

1) Senna
                              2) TheForce
                              3) Kubrick
                              4) MarioMark
                              5) Talizker

Points updated on the first page.

Great race again, couldn't believe how consistent the gap was between TheForce and I for pretty much the whole race. Indeed the only thing that really separated us was him missing the pit lane entrance. What is it with the pit lane and these endurance races, they always seem to interfere with the flow of the race.

Btw, what drink should I have before the next race, a bottle of Buckie or a pint of Stella?

In one of the short races after, we were side-by-side into the hairpin at Sebring - very close but very fair.

After talking with Talizker, moving the race from a monday say to a thursday evening might get more people taking part. Would people be ok with this?

What track for the next race guys - Silverstone, Sebring or the daddy Nurburgring?

Comment

Gutted we couldn't get it to work with 8 of us peeps. However, I spent a while tuning my 911 afterwards and couldn't believe how much of a difference it made. It was so much easier to drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X