Forza 2 Endurance Race Meet-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    Gutted we couldn't get it to work with 8 of us peeps. However, I spent a while tuning my 911 afterwards and couldn't believe how much of a difference it made. It was so much easier to drive.
    I see from forzamotorsport.net you did a fastest lap of 01:48.289 last night which is within a few 10th's of my fastest race lap in my 911 - It sure would have be nice to have another person a little closer to the back!

It's interesting to note that the other all were driving F430's but given that the performances of the cars appear to very similar, it does indeed look like Senna was 8 seconds a lap faster due to superior skill! I have no idea where I can make up those 8 seconds (especially consistantly for 25 laps!) without maybe fully understanding all the tuning options. Still, next time I will try the F430 I think...
    Last edited by talizker; 09-11-2007, 07:39.

Comment

To make things worse, Senna and TheForce don't use ABS

Comment

8 seconds? How is that possible?

Comment

Also, how are you seeing my time on the forza site?

Comment

Hot Lap / Class R3 / Real World Tracks / Mugello - then My Friends - Get Scoreboard.

This shows your fastest lap round the course in an R3 car (and Senna's stunning 01:42.562 from last night!)
            Last edited by talizker; 09-11-2007, 09:32.

Comment

right. I'm downloading that lap

Comment

Actually its 'only' 6 seconds isn't it (never been good at maths me!). Still, a lot of work/practice either way.

Comment

doh, you can't download those laps. Just the career ones.

Comment

6 seconds is half a second quicker on each straight. That seems like a lot to me.

Comment

great racing again last night guys !

Senna was on fire yesterday, he's just not making mistakes, as I seem to always **** up once or twice in an endurance race,

the 5 lap races are also always a joy to play as Senna, Kubrick an myself seem to be really close all the time

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                      Indeed the only thing that really separated us was him missing the pit lane entrance.

In one of the short races after, we were side-by-side into the hairpin at Sebring - very close but very fair.
                      yeah, after I made a little mistake on lap 2 you had a gap of about 3 seconds. we kept that gap the same till you made a pitstop, and I was thinking the only way to get closer is to make a gamble by driving one more lap on these shredded tyres.... and yes, then I missed the pitlane entry (fool) ... I had to race one more lap on really bad tyres, went wide again and the gap to Senna was huge after that...

Sebring was awesome, I just knew I had the inside line, had you next to me, brake just a little later and kept it at the inside because I knew you would be right next to me ! excellent stuff !

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      Gutted we couldn't get it to work with 8 of us peeps.
                      yeah, I was really looking forward to racing with all you guys, really strange why it wouldn't work.

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
                      To make things worse, Senna and TheForce don't use ABS
                      yep , no assist for me

racing on thursdays is perfect for me (even better then on monday)

next one Silverstone or the mighty Nordschleife is ok with me (I prefer the Nordschleife....)

ps. you should download Motegi, it's a good track to add to the list!

see ya on the track !

Comment

Stick me down for the next race whenever that is, hope we can get everyone in next time.

Comment

I'll join if there's a space available.

Comment

Ok, next race will be Silverstone, 25 laps, R3 cars, and on Thursday at 8:30. Next race after will be the Nordschleiffe, probably 8 laps.

We should have enough room for you Lurch, as one or two people usually drop out just before.

Lets try and get an idea of who can make it. People so far:

Race 11 Entrants

1) Senna
                            2) MarioMark
                            3) lurch996

Comment

count me in !

Kubrick -assuming you will also join- you ask if Clyde will also join ?

Comment

I'll try and join, but if it doesn't work straight away I'll assume that my connection has been taken over by some forza hating demon. I'm sure you guys could do with a mobile chicane.

Comment

Working...
                                X