Ryzom beta started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Stu
    Sorry lads. Beta tested 2 MMOs now, you don't get a copy of the game when done
    never mind if it's any good i'll end up getting it anyway.

can you keep your characters though when going from beta to retail?

Comment

I don't think you get to keep your character when going from beta to retail. Most beta games I've read up on don't have this. It may have to do with the final gold code being different from that used on the beta servers, but then again, it might be for other reasons.
      Sorted out what character you're going to be yet?
      It looks like it's going to be a fun game. I like the fact that they seem to be making allowances for players that do not have the time to play everyday for long periods at a time. The fact that the high level players can affect the storyline and get incorporated into npc speech is something that really got me excited. Not sure if it's the same in other mmorpgs, but it seems like a really cool idea. There was this game called Charr: The Grimm Fate that was in development a while ago then got canned. It also had this, and the storyline actually had an ending if the players could coordinate and destroy the threat to their planet. Would be interesting to see how Nevrax will handle players geting the upperhand against The Sap and the Kitin.

Comment

i think i'm going to be a Matis or Fyros will decide when the game is up and running.

Comment

Yeah you definately don't get to keep your char, gives beta testers and unfair advantage and plus the code reason is probably true too. I havent checked up on the game much so ill have to have another look at the website tonight.

Comment

Just got my copy of ryzom through the mail today. Shame the character creator is not offline, would have been nice to mess about with the different settings and things while waiting for the 20th.

Comment

great can i should get mine soon then
              can you do anything else exept for install it?
              thanks

Comment

got my disk this morning

Comment

me too, now I've got an agonising 6 days to wait hehe, I mean would it really hurt to let us access the beta tester forum now?

Comment

This is a bit poor. I applied a while back, gave details of my previous beta testing goings on and yet folk who've done this jolt deal jump the queue.

:/

Comment

Same with me stu. And i've beta tested 4 MMORPGS.

Suppose you just gotta wait and be patient.

Comment

Ditto!
                        Still, I stuck my name on that Jolt thingy, so I guess I'll get in sooner or later.

Comment

Maybe theyre looking for lower spec machines or something atm. Mines almost 3 years old now so it might fall into an area that they want to test? If it weren't for making accounts prior to getting the beta disk we could all just send a copy out to people who didn't get one...

Comment

my spec is low aswell(1.9gig amd, 256mb, Geforce mx card)
                            maybe they are wanting low spec pc's for now?

Comment

I don't think it's that, lads. You all did the Jolt thing, which I didn't know about.

Annoyed, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu
                                I don't think it's that, lads. You all did the Jolt thing, which I didn't know about.

Annoyed, tbh.
                                isn't the jolt thing still open?

Comment

Working...
                                X