No announcement yet.

Ryzom beta started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last some movement, though the situation is 'not normal' apparently.

'Hey,

It was brought to my attention that some of you are still waiting for the Beta 2.4 CD.
    This situation is not normal, and it was not supposed to take that long.

So we decided to offer you an official alternative solution to get the Beta 2.4 by download.

In order to download The Saga of Ryzom Beta 2.4, you will need to enter the same login and
    password that you use to log in the forum or in game.

As a reminder.
    Your login is:
    Your password is:

German web for download is located at http://
    English web for download is located at http://

Happy download and see you real soon ingame )
    Vince'

I'll be dl it when I get home so hopefully give it a whirl then.

Comment

Got accepted the other day, haven't had time to try it cos of SWG tbh. Just fancied a change tonight though, so downloading beta 2.4 as we speak (ive been given the ftp details to 3.0 apparently too, though that's not to be used yet).

Is there a particular server you guys are on? Any hits, tips, views?

Comment

I got a bit bored after a while but maybe that shows my interest in RPGs more than anything. One thing I would advise you to do is don't leave the n00b isle untill you are at least level thirty in your chosen profession (magic or fighting - or both) as the beasts, at least when I last played, resisted every magic attack I threw at them when I was at about lvl 17-20. I think it has the potential to be good but they havent quite got the balance of things right yet but still who am I to moan, im playing free hehe. I'll have a look on tonight see how things have changed...

Comment

Server down tbh, I'm downloading beta3 just in case it's for that (1gig O_o)

I quite fancy pure crafter, but I know nothing of characters, races, profs etc.

Comment

ahg server down now? I'm just downloading about 6 patches worth from the last few week. I cant access the FTp for beta 3 either keeps saying it cant connect me :/

About crafters, when I was playing I found untill you're at a really high level a crafter is mainly a back up for groups rather than an individual fighter. The way they have the penalties for spells and such set up is quite interesting though as you can substitute mana cost for HP, strength (used for doing tasks like foraging) or distance of the spell ending in some spells being free to cast but at a really crap distance or only taking ofs HP which can be recovered easily with a heal spell that uses mana.

Comment

thats interesting. they say items decay over time, so u cant give your old armour to noobs say, thus always providing a market for lesser armour.

ive heard crafting is a bitch tbh. just gonna spend a while messing about.

i went on the chat program, some op gave me a new ftp. ill pm it to you if you have no luck.

Comment

Hadn't heard about the decaying items thing, thats prolly a good idea though, give money a bit more use to the ultra uber players hehe. After EVE though I'd be reluctant to go into any type of manufacturing job hehe.

FTP's working now and ive got about 200 MB of beta 3 - yay.

Comment

beta 3 done, beta 2 is still up though.

Just logged in for the first time and typically 'new mmo 110% confused and dunno wtf I'm doing'. Not entirely keen on the interface. Don't like the movement controls either. Haven't tried configuring anything yet though.

Think I'll wait until b3 before I delve in.

Comment

Ooh, there's a thread on here?
                    I've been playing it a little, but I've found it pretty boring so far. I hope it improves in Beta 3. I'll give it a shot if I can be bothered to download it.

Comment

You'll have to. b3 is live (just installing it) and 2.4 is shutting down soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X