No announcement yet.

Ryzom beta started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think they would ever allow people to 'save' their game in an MMORPG. If you had any kind of game files on your machine that were central to your character you could easily modify them.

Its because its a beta test and therefore they will delete all the characters and start again every so often. It will prolly happen a lot in the early days of beta.

And stu stop moaning you old tart, your too busy to play these games. You got SWG

Edit : and as for the frame rates, they will most definitely pick up unless you got crap computers. Its because the beta code prolly has some massive memory blackholes and the such. The joys of beta

Comment

Yeha I didn't think saving would be the way. Must be a bug as the last three times ive quit and logged in again All mission status' and XP is back to normal. It'll prolly be fixed with the update next week OR I'm doing something very wrong when quitting!

EDIT: Ahhhhh Rollbacks is whats going on....

Comment

Just out of interest, how long did it take after you received your confirmation mail to the actual disc turning up?

I got my mail on the 18th but still no disc.

Comment

I wouldnt worry too much Len, they had problems with logging in to the site over a few days and the weekend has recently passed.

Loads of people havent got any cd's sent yet so its just a matter of waiting i reckon.

Hopefully arrive within the next few days

Comment

Don't worry your not missing out on much atm, theres an item which is bugged and causes the entire server to crash everytime someone uses it so untill the next update you have to keep logging in and out to make sure you dont lose all your progress so far. Hopefully the next update will introduce a few of the new features stated such as the "pet" feature hehe.

Comment

Lol i might have to find me that one item when i get my cds

Comment

Heh I'm sure theres plenty of little gits that are doing that atm anyway! Not implying you're a little git though...

One cool thing I did see theother day was the swimming animation, although I was swimming in the air which gave it a Mary Poppins feel!

Comment

On its way by the look of things:

'Dear Homin,

I am happy to announce to you that the SoR beta 2.4 CD are shipping today )

So you are soon going to be active beta-testers.
                  It is an important stage in our development and it is a real mission that you are now entitled
                  to conduct for the benefit of a fast growing community. We will need lots of feedback from you
                  in the forums at the appropriate sections )

Being in the Beta 2 gives you access, from Tuesday the 26th of February, to:
                  - The Saga of Ryzom
                  - The Beta-testers forum (http://atys.ryzom.com/forums/)
                  - The Ryzom Beta Chat (http://atys.ryzom.com/downloads/KlientsRyzomBeta.zip)

You will be using the same login and password to access the game and the forum. The live chat is
                  using a different password.

As a reminder,
                  Your login is:
                  Your password is:

Your login for SoR live chat is:
                  Your password for SoR live chat is:

Your password is private information, do not communicate it and remember that Nevrax or any
                  member of the GM team & Customer Support team will ***never*** ask you for your password.

Cheers,
                  Vincent D
                  Online Player Community Manager
                  & CSR'

Cya all soon...

Comment

Yep i got that too. So hopefully i'll see you in game at some point.

Comment

I have a feeling theres going to be a character wipe tonight or tommorow so you'll be in the same boat as everyone else (apart from the wierd people that are at something like level 150 after 6 days of play)

Comment

Im waiting to see what this is like. If it aint got a hope in hell of being good i'll buy FF XI i think.

*waits for the postman*

Comment

Well having not played FFIX I can't really compare but at the moment its looking to be the same deal. Untill all the features they are planning are in it you can't see if its better and that won't be for quite a while yet.

Comment

I know what your saying. But after playing about 6 or 7 MMORPGS, each for 4 months at least i can usually get a feeling about the game in the first day or two.

Even with Beta testing, tested about 4 now. Still no cds, dodgy postmen

Comment

any of you guys got your cd's yet?

i had an email from them wanting me to download a test thing that they are going to use in beta 3 and retail versions.

Comment

Nope, nowt my end, I think they must have sent it via Outer Mongolia....gettin most annoyed.

Got the mail about the test install thing though but not exactly sure whether thay want us to try it with or without the actual beta, oh well we shall see...

Comment

Working...
                                X