Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On another subject and something I know is not going to get people excited but I need a Garlaige Citadel Coffer Key.

No rush at this time, its for a 56 AF and im 54 at the moment so awhile to go.

Comment

Wedge - would help you with that if I thought I could survive it, will be needing plenty of coffer keys before long myself for WHM AF and am keen to help out others where I can.

With regards to Holla & Mea Promyvion for Rare et al, here is the video I took when our original band of merry men took on Promyvion Mea. The technique we used was exactly the same as the method we had refined over three attempts (the last being successful) at the Spire of Holla. The only difference was that in Holla the mob tries to sleep you, so everyone must use poison potions to remain awake - in Mea the mob tries to poison you with a stronger-than-normal poison, so antidotes are a good idea. The important factor is timing the animas and the 2 hours - coordinating animas with SMN 2 hours is important else the mob might run out of range of the avatar 2 hour. Everyone needs to know who is doing what and when before going in, and then macros like the one's I prepared for reminders are useful during.

Hope the video helps. Managed to take 20Gb of video yesterday by accident during the Phomeina Aquaducts battle. No wonder my machine was lagged to fu?k and hot enough to fry an egg. Sadly as it had filled the disc by the time I logged out some hours later, and triggered the Windows XP "low disc" dialogues, I had to remove them all and missed out on screenshots from the Aquaducts mission, but I'd be keen to go back and enjoy the cutscenes again with a little more understanding of what's going on and a little less mayhem. They'd be good for the album!

Comment

I'll be willing to help out with Promyvion if needed. However, I do work late on Thursdays, so that might be a little tricky unless the start was 2100 at the latest. (I think that's the usual start time anyway, but I'm not sure...)

As for the game overall, however, I've been leaving it alone for a bit, and concentrating on my ever expanding pile of offline games that need completing and/or simply trying out. I'm close to the end of Shadow Hearts now, so that's occupying the bulk of my attention, gaming wise.

I will return to Vana'diel full time by the end of October, but for now I'll just appear when I'm needed for something.

Comment

hey hey guys
          does anyone know where i can purchase final fantasy XI for PS2?

Comment

I?d forgotten about your late Thursday hours Van. I know it would be tight but would you be able to be online for 8:30pm (perhaps if you get yourself prepared the day before with lvl30 gear, a few Poison Potions and appropriate food and be in Jeuno)?

I did consider postponing to Friday but Apathye was online last night and he can?t do Friday at all and I just feel that if we keep delaying it again it just won?t get done. At least everyone (at a push, and those expressed interest so far) can take part on Thursday.

Got a decent EXP party last night in Boyahda Tree which got me up to level 68. Wasn?t the best EXP/hour ratio but all the people in the PT were fun to be around. With my gil purse looking VERY healthy at the moment I think I?m going to continue on the EXP trail tonight and work towards 69. Once that is achieved I?ll farm up to 3.5m (where the temptation to buy Arhat?s Gi+1 in preparation for end game will be great) then I need to work on my WAR subjob from 34-37. Then hit 70, buy a Fudo and beat up an old man to prove my readiness for 70-75.

Comment

Been reading up on CoP2.5 I think we can do.

Plan

Tsing/Hic to kiting duty. People have said that a ?Soft hate? can allow a Healer to keep casting cures without gain hate unless they heal/rest. This done by the Tank running into the arena agro all the mobs but not attacking at all, no sword out, no provoke, nothing direct. This will need a fair few yag potions to work as Tsing will have to Kite 2 Mobs with little abilities to use.

Part 2 is for the other 4 members to beat on the 1st mob and fast as possible outside the arena, using 2hrs straight away but importantly be able to look after themselves at least for the 1st mob so plenty of regen drinks and potions are needed. Once its dead we can pull the 2nd one in and kill it, and everyone moving on to the last one. So if wedge is able to come along im not sure what will be better Brd for MP/HP regen and small damage or BST for all out damage and some Healing. Tali will have to chainspell Blackmage spells andi will solo skillchain. That?s leaves 1 member left needed, hopefully we can get another Major DD in Smn/Blm/Rng

This all relies on how truthful this ?Soft Hate? method is and would be worth trying out some time soon on some EP mobs somewhere.

Comment

So let me get this straight. Tsing runs in and waves nicely at all the mobs, they start following him and gradually killing him. I cure him every time he runs past ('cause if I'm running around following him I can't be casting, he'll need to make sure he comes back in cure range often enough to stay alive). I can cure him without getting hate as long as he hasn't provoked or drawn a sword, and as long as I don't kneel to heal mp, so I will be necking yag drinks like there's no tomorrow (no point Tsing doing it, he'll be running not casting) and an extra refresh from Tal could help (if that will stack with yag drink).

While this is going on, everyone else picks off the mobs one by one and kills them, but without curing from me. To do this they use regen drinks and potions.

Sounds like it could work. Concerns are a) potions and drinks take bl00dy ages to use on oneself, will they be fast enough for those engaged in battle or will they just end up loosing more hp while they're taking a potion and b) if the mobs start aggroing me Tsing will provoke ... what is our backup strategy if this method fails? It would be useful for everyone to be aware of the backup strategy before we start, so we can stand a chance of still succeeding. Last but not least c) if Tsing hasn't set hate with provoke or hitting them with a nice big pointy stick and someone else pulls one of the mobs away, is there a risk that all three of them will decide its a good idea to stick together and those fighting will end up with more than they bargained for?
                Last edited by vwilsonuk; 04-10-2005, 10:18.

Comment

That correct. Hi-potion,X-potion you can easily neck 2/3 before a mob has swung once, and because there?s no rightful tank for the group of 4 hate will bound around giving others a chance to heal. Plus if we have Tali and wedge that 2x part-time healers.

backup strategy is Zombie Mode...

We all use reraise before fight, should something go wrong with kiting, the plan is for tsing to come back off the arena floor and help finish off the 1st mob, as long as we can kill one we?ll reraise, heal up and beat on the just the 2 remaining mob making life a lot easier than taking 3 on.

Now all we need to do is test this ?Soft hate?, we?ll go out find some EP mobs to tsing, have him run around and while you heal him, or we could even try this in a ENM battle to start with.

answer to part C) and ranged attack frmo outside the arena is enough only grab the hat eof one, just like it is when you try to save someone from the Goblin train, only the 1 mob you agro'd will attack.

Comment

ah 2-5, the first BC that will make you truly hate cop
                    the 3 mobs are identical and can switch between hand 2 hand,
                    black mage, dragoon and warrior.

Hand 2 Hand - throw energy bolts with both hands, flee speed running
                    Black mage - fast cast -agas and lots of MP
                    Warrior - alot of damage and an awful aoe
                    Dragoon - well what can i say, they suck as npcs too

if you buy some "yellow liquid" from the auction house, its pretty cheap
                    and use it on them, it keeps them for about 30 secs in the job they
                    were in when you used the liquid, the aim is to keep them as DRGs and
                    keep the overall damage you take down, kiting them as a PLD is very hard.

i tried this BC about 8 times before we passed, different combinations
                    eventually we succeed with Rng/nin x2, rdm/blm, whm/blm, nin/war and war/nin. War/nin and 2 rngs killed first mob whilst ninja and Rdm handled the other 2 with blink kiting or using binds. its a tough fight, alot depends on how
                    lucky you are with the forms, i remember 2 times we got 3 blms and wiped so fast it wasnt even funny. we normally did the fighting on the steps into the BC and had kiting inside the BC or up to the entrance and back.

unfortunately the wars Aoe and blms aoes do alot of damage so alot of potions are need, they also kill mages very fast so distance is important.
                    they do drop yellow liquid when defeated also which helps if you run out.
                    the trick is to have 2 capable kiters who can keep themselves alive (potions)
                    preferable Rdm/nins, nin/wars or smns with avatars but bind worked pretty
                    well also as sleep has no effect at all.

Comment

I don?t think we could ever get that setup without doing some serious exp levelling of extra jobs, which we shouldn?t have to do.

How cheap is this yellow Liquid and is it stackable? Does it only fix the job of the mob your fighting or all three? Hopefully it won?t break ?soft hate? as it seems the only workable method out side out just going straight into the Zombie method, we go in, 2hr on the 1 mob kill it, and die off the field, raise repeat(without 2hrs of course).

I don?t mind losing exp/gill to try this, I?m sick of everything needing 5xsmn or as many Main/Nin jobs as possible.

Comment

Hehe, i was too but after 5-6 fails it kind of sucks, if you can keep the other
                        two busy and you dont mind wiping then it is a good solution. yellow liquid is
                        really cheap last time a checked, but it doesnt stack. it only fixs the job of the mob you are using it on and for about 30 secs also

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
                          I don?t mind losing exp/gill to try this, I?m sick of everything needing 5xsmn or as many Main/Nin jobs as possible.
                          Seconded. I think we'll only know how likely it is that any non multi-SMN or Main/NIN party setup will work when we've all been along and seen it for ourselves.

If when we've exhausted all our creativity without success it transpires that the only way to get it done is with two RDM/NIN et al, I can level NIN on Hicory as a sub for RDM ... it looks like I will need to do that sooner or later anyway. Of course that depends if anyone else wants to go as RDM/NIN, and whether they'd be happier for me to be RDM or WHM.

Comment

I'd say Zombie could work, go in there I grab agro kite out and stay alive as long as I can. We should have a couple of SMNs for astral flow and I know we have RNG/NIN and main NIN about. If we can get one down might be ok, how about kiting with thief for flee or something like that?

NIN main kite may work well or a single RDM/NIN with phalanx, stoneskin and blink thrown up. Suggest we take icarus wings as well and open with skillchains and bursts, lets go crazy theres some serious meds we could use. Haste potions, Hyper potions and vile elixirs may all come in handy.

What do the other 2 do if I grab hate you pull one away outside the main BC then I die with the other 2? Wil they all come and agro you lot or is out of sight out of mind and you can work away on a single mob till its down? Next Kite then comes out after mob 1 is dead kites one while you guys take the other and I reraise. If the kite dies I take over kiting till you get one down. Depends on kill speed for mob 1, It could be a case of sending out kite 1 to kite as long as poss while you take down mob 1, when kite 1 dies send out kite 2. If kite 2 dies before mob 1 is down thats probably curtains but it may work.

Comment

i think they would 1st go after hic if she was healing you, it's just like how any Train mob would act, they wouldn't attack the group of 4 unless we agro them on site.

based on the Minotaur fight i was i racking up 200-300+ ws with Beserk on while using my 2hr, i can use iwing for 300tp, hit a large 400+ ws, 2hr+med will give me another 4 ws's to use , doing well over 1000 damage then i would shut down beserk and tray to stay alive using potions till its dead.

So based on what we have to work with we could

Tob+DD+???- Mob1
                              Tsing+Hic Mob2 (Kite or stand and tank)
                              Tali(RDM)-mob3 (kite)

Hopefully we can lock them into DRG with yellow drops if possible.

Comment

Just a quick one as I should've been in bed long ago ... here's a pic I found on alla, though you guys might like to see!

Comment

Working...
                                X