Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suppily and demand. Quick note ... Mosley handed Maats ass to him today! and Mo is now 71! Celebrate it for him ... or with him

Comment

I've decided that its time to leave Vana'diel, at least for a while. I cancelled my Content ID's last night and I will see how things go in the coming months.

I'm sorry if this causes problems with the COP and Zilart groups but i'm sure you can find a suitable replacement.

I'm not going to to write an essey on the highs and lows of the last 14 months / 1000+ hours but sufice to say its been an incredible journey and the easily the best gaming expereince i've had in 25 odd years as a gamer.

I consider some of you as close friends, even though i've never even met you - its amazing that a game can do that.

Take care.

Talizker waves goodbye...

Comment

One door closes, another one opens....

Chums. I picked up FFXI with 2 bonus pack for a miserly ?12.50 in GAME the other day. I am currently playing WoW and waning a little bit, so just a couple of questions from a potential NooB.

1. How 'easy' is ths game to get into for a new player on his own?
        2. I'm not a fan of PvP, I am going to get whacked by player killers at each turn?
        3. Do you need an account on that God awful Sony Station?
        4. Is the game playable solo, or do you need to group to progress?
        5. I assume there are guilds one can join - NTSC-UK got one?
        6. No more questions at this time.

I appreciate these and many more questions will already have been asked, but this thread is 494 pages for goodness sakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian(not Ian)
          2. I'm not a fan of PvP, I am going to get whacked by player killers at each turn?
          1. It's not an easy grind, but its worth it
          2. Pvp doesnt exist except in "Ballista" matches
          3. Sony Station O.o, i dont have one so i guess no ^^
          4. most of the game is group based, dont except an easy solo ride
          5. NTSC-uk has an LS on the "Seraph" Server called "RarghLS" we are always welcoming new members and we can get you a world pass

Comment

I'm sorry to see you go Tali, Take care and Good luck

Comment

nice deal you got there

Hmmm the game likes to just throw you out there and make you see things for yourself without explaining much, if you're communicative with other players they most certainly will help you out with any questions. FFXI seems to have alot more nice people than other online games does IMO and there are always people who will help with simple things.

Nope, the only PvP in this game is in an event called Ballista which you have to travel to selected areas in the game to participate in.

Nope

The game leans more to group activities but there is still plenty of things to do on your own. There is a job class called Beast Master, which tames pets and sets them onto other enemies at your command which is a solo class, howether even Beast Masters are better teaming up with atleast one partner at later levels. Quest rewards and Notorious Monster drops (equipment you can't buy usually) will often require the help of friends to obtain unless you get high enough level to do some of the things on your own.

Guilds are called Linkshells on FFXI and there are plenty out there, NTSC-UK has the Raargh Linkshell I believe, good bunch of guys^^

(All right!)

Comment

My one true friend on the server gone

Back to basics for Darwock I think.

Comment

Gutted to see you go tal, hope to see you back later but good luck and it's been a pleasure mate.

Comment

damn >< didn't even get a chance to meet you dude ... take care

Comment

bye-bye tali ;;, Goodluck with whatever you do^^

Comment

Talizker! It won't be the same without you!

{/salute}

Take care matey, hope everything works out well for you!

Comment

Shame to see you go tali, we?ve lost a good man and if its to WoW then dam wow to hell, it taken to many lives!!

What we doing about CoP3.5 then? With tali gone we?re a man down for the leading group, with Rare/Apa charge seemingly halted at CoP2 it?s not looking to good to continue unless we shout for help which I?m not keen on doing. So what are the plans for the LS at the moment as nothing seems to be going anywhere with anything, my only plans are Leveling My Sam 75(29k to go) and Nin(28 to passing kaz stage), and as I keep saying every time taking up fishing/alchemy again?

Plans I know of

Zm -> sky
                          CoP2 ? 2nd group
                          CoP3.5 ? 1st group
                          San?d Rank8-10
                          JsE Subligars
                          Bcnm60 at Apa suggestion.

Comment

Right here's my current list

CoP to chapter 4 (suggest we get Iceze, he was on the mamets)
                            Sandy rank 7 -> 10
                            Pso'Xja Map
                            Attohwa Chasm map
                            Ulgithingie map
                            Bastok 6 -> 10
                            Windy 6 -> 10

Comment

Just farming for some more equipment before I can get to levelling again. I have already bought Warwolf Belt for level 71 and yesterday I got my Fuma Sune-ate for level 72 which means I now have a set of equipment which I could in theory level to 75 with.

However I also want a Ninjutsu Torque to macro in when I cast my enfeebles, which I should be able to afford after another couple of farming sessions (maybe after tonight depending on motivation levels). That would have set me up nicely but throwing my Bomb Core on Saturday night has meant I also need to replace that which will set me back 800k-900k. Most expensive ranged attack ever -_-;

Then there is my O.Hat. I still need the Damp Hakutaku Eye from Ifrit?s Cauldron again, but Bayan has very kindly purchased a Hakutaku Eye Cluster which I will then trade to him for the 5 individual eyes, to avoid any possibility of another synth break. The 5 eyes will then be stored in a LS bank (probably the one and only instance where such a thing will exist) for people to purchase in future at a reduced rate. Again, I don?t want to level beyond 70 without an Optical Hat.

Other than that nothing I feel pressured into doing right now. I think lvl70 is the right time to attempt Rank 9 and 10 so would be up for that some time this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
                                What we doing about CoP3.5 then? With tali gone we?re a man down for the leading group, with Rare/Apa charge seemingly halted at CoP2 it?s not looking to good to continue unless we shout for help which I?m not keen on doing. So what are the plans for the LS at the moment as nothing seems to be going anywhere with anything, my only plans are Leveling My Sam 75(29k to go) and Nin(28 to passing kaz stage), and as I keep saying every time taking up fishing/alchemy again?

Plans I know of

Zm -> sky
                                CoP2 ? 2nd group
                                CoP3.5 ? 1st group
                                San?d Rank8-10
                                JsE Subligars
                                Bcnm60 at Apa suggestion.
                                My understanding is as follows:

• Iceze will be invited to join CoP "wave" 1 to replace Talizker. Just as a reminder, "wave 1" is now Darwock (BLM/SMN), Tsingtao (PLD/WAR), Tobal (SAM/THF), Wedgemoon (BST/WHM) and Hicory (WHM/BLM) with one space.
                                • CoP Wave 2 - think Rare and Apathye will have to fill us in on the plan for that group (Rarehero, Apathye, Vanicent, Moot, Tobal and Wedgemoon).
                                • CoP Wave 3 - Menion, Akita, Kerushi, Slarty, Chakmool and space for at least one other depending on interest.
                                • If these groups start to break down we'll basically reform and some of the guys who've done Promies will go back and help the other guys through - wreckon we'll end up with at least two groups of six that get all the way through.
                                • ZM - don't know much about this but Tsing posted a lineup for ZM4 a little while back: Darwock (BLM/SMN), Mosley (WHM/SMN), Tsingtao (PLD/WAR), Rarehero (NIN/WAR), Kerushi (???/???) and Talizker (RDM/BLM) who will now need to be replaced.
                                • Will put a page together on the (currently being built) Rargh website to keep track of details like this.
                                Tsing and I still need to do the Attowa Chasm part of the Windurst branch for CoP 3.3, and it'd be great if you're up for that too one of the evenings this week (bar Tuesday, got last Jp lesson before Christmas). If Iceze isn't up for this there are still some other known and trusted individuals who have helped us with CoP before and may want in; I'm thinking Jstrtrx and Princesblade who were part of our band of merry men during Promyvion-Holla and Promyvion-Mea, and also the guys on LS UnderpantsGnomes who Tsing and I have known for some time. They're usually up for a good ruck with an evil beastie.

Comment

Working...
                                X