This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Shenhua,

I didnt know about finding out the door combination.

Im planning to try again in the morning, 9am I heard is the best time to go, least busy time.

Comment

I've been wondering, has anyone seen Chief around recently?

I don't think he's been playing for a while. Has he given up?

Comment

I've started my AF Quest for my bootses. I need Giant shell bugs, either from NM in Crawlers Nest (NO thanks) or from the AH. Then I need to fish up an NM in.. where else? Castle Oztroja...

Mission 5-1 then, I belive wednesday was the general idea, Me and Mahl can do wednesday. I assume being ready to roll in Jeuno will be sufficient, say 19:30-20:00?

Comment

Wednesday Is Good For Me Also

Comment

I'm on from 6-9pm so aslong as we get it done then, it's cool with me. Does anyone know the way there? I've done it before but I can't remember for the life of me where to go

edit: known gil farmers on each server, how many have you seen? I've seen Applegirl in Jeuno today asiit goes link
            Last edited by Adam; 12-09-2004, 09:49.

Comment

Plenty adam, i have a funny story to tell about a gilfarmer called Xboy and his 8 mules . Basically, they sit in Rabao fishbotting for rusty caps all day every day, but Xboy is the only one of them who can synth padded caps. As such, Xboy runs around all day, picking up inventory-fulls of rusty caps off his mules, and synthing them into Padded caps. Me and a friend have ****ed with this guy so much, it's hilarious. Firstly, there is an exploit in the game, where if you cast magic on somebody at exactly the right time, you **** up their synthesis and they lose the ingredients. Me and my friend spam magic like Poisona and Paralyna on this dude, and **** up about 60% of his synths. It's funny, cos sometimes he gets really annoyed and runs out into the desert to try and get away from us. If he stops to synth, the one who runs out into the desert to follow him will aggro a monster, then bind it on top of him (then xboy will get the aggro and promptly die, and return to his home point in Rabao.) Either that happens, or he will get aggro by accident, and return there to 'evade us' eg. use the time he has between him returning to HP and us running back to Rabao, to get some successful synths. This is why we work in pairs: one of us waits at the HP crystal for him to return. Then that person can still screw his synths.

Way number 2:
              As i said before, he runs around picking up rusty caps off his mules. Usually he picks up about 20 caps (my estimate); 3 trade screens' worth. Initially this trick worked like a charm, but more recently he's noticed what's going on so we have to use stealthy ways (Sneak and Invisi). Basically, follow Xboy round and he'll go to one of his mules. It's obvious that they're trading; they both looking at each other. So, target the mule, and spam 'trade' on him. Initially, it'll say "you cannot trade with mule at this time" (because him and Xboy have started trading). But, if you keep spamming, when they finish their trade (and go to trade more), the trade screen will open up with you instead of the mule. If you're lucky, he'll give you 8 rusty caps XD. Then they'll move about a bit obviously thinking "WTF mate?". It's quite funny . But he usually won't fall for it if 5 minutes prior, you had been casting poisona/paralyna on him to screw his synths . Ahhh fun.

Rabao is infested, and i mean *infested* with chinese gilfarming bots. I've spoken to so many, and it's due to these people that light crystals have gone from 5k a stack to 15k a stack (also due to Allakhazam ruining yet another way of making money ;p). My estimate is that 70% of fishers in Rabao are chinese gilfarmers. And I'm not saying Chinese to be racist or cos I'm following the 'blame chinese gilfarmers' trend. They ARE chinese gilfarmers, they have said so themselves to me, and it's kinda annoying cos they're basically stealing from people who play the game to sell online back to us, because in the end we have to resort to buying gil online. (Well, I don't, but it's just making an analogy).

Off topic:

LOL

and www.archbell.com/ffxi FFXI windower .

Comment

Xboy...I've seen him many times in Outer Horutoto Ruins, he was **** and I outfarmed him bigtime. Sent me tells but I couldn't understand them heh. That some good **** half, was in Rabao last night after a quicksands PT and your right it's packed like mad.

Comment

Originally posted by ?pint
                  Me and my friend spam magic like Poisona and Paralyna on this dude, and **** up about 60% of his synths. It's funny, cos sometimes he gets really annoyed and runs out into the desert to try and get away from us. If he stops to synth, the one who runs out into the desert to follow him will aggro a monster, then bind it on top of him
                  Hahahaha Thats Some Funny Sh*t!

Comment

Can anyone tell me where I should go to level up from 24-30? I'm on Qufim right now and I can't see why I was told that was the place to go, poor experience levels for difficult fights and then loads of downtime thanks to the wights and banshees.

I want to try and get to level 30 for Thursday, so I can be ready to start an advanced job at level 1 with my euro version friends... not bloody likely at this rate!

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                      Can anyone tell me where I should go to level up from 24-30? I'm on Qufim right now and I can't see why I was told that was the place to go, poor experience levels for difficult fights and then loads of downtime thanks to the wights and banshees.

I want to try and get to level 30 for Thursday, so I can be ready to start an advanced job at level 1 with my euro version friends... not bloody likely at this rate!
                      The usual thing is stay in Quifm untill lvl 25 then go to the Kazham Jungles.

You will need some keys though for the Kazham Airship, this can take a while.

Comment

;-)

Got my keys already, I solo'd it at level 19/20 and was probably the most exciting thing I've done in the game so far. I was always right on the limit of my MP/HP. Hardest bit was Ghelsba - no nearby zoning potentials and Yagudo Priests casting silence on me... urgh...

Do you think I'd struggle to get a party if I went to Kazham at 24? I don't really want to stay on Qufim much longer if I can help it.

Comment

Sometimes you cannot immediately judge how good a weekend is going to be.

Logged on on Friday evening with the intention of levelling for the first time in about a month. The day previous I had fully stocked up on the different Ninja Tools and whilst the katana that I had been saving for still wasn?t in stock, the level 47 Katana Hien+1 was in stock and I decided that would be a suitable replacement until the katana I wanted was available. However, rather than simply waiting in Jeuno with my LFG flag up I decided to hunt Panzer Percival (been a nice steady money maker for me).

However, in order to increase chances of a drop, along with increased Beetle Jaw drops I subbed THF. However, I made it clear in my search comment that for a PT I was willing to change to NIN/WAR. But an hour passed and and no spawn and no invite. Either no one needed a lvl52 NIN or people were seeing the subjob choice and not the comment but I was bored and logged off, slightly disenchanted.

I didn?t particularly look forward to logging back on the next day.

Saturday morning I got an invite to play Out Run 2 on Xbox Live first thing so didn?t log into Vana?diel for an hour or so. Once I did get in I decided to lfg as a NIN/WAR to avoid any confusion and stayed in my Jeuno moghouse. I left Rarehero there and played Winning Eleven 8 in another room checking the invite status every few minutes. About 30 mins later a NIN53 sent me that invite and things seemed to be going better. The PT was 4 members strong when I joined (2 NIN, 1 THF and a WHM). Wedge was next to join and we soon got a BLM and our PT was ready to head to Kuftal Tunnel. The setup wasn?t the most conventional by any means but I could never have expected how efficient the PT was. Me and the other NIN worked well exchanging hate with the THF tricking onto ach of us alternately and a nice Distortion skill chain in place with the potential of 4 Magic Bursts (1 from the WHM, 1 from the BLM and 2 from me).

Frankly, the PT didn?t understand the concept of downtime and as we chose to camp away from the entrance (which is the common choice) we camped near to where Amenet spawned meaning we had a large number of Robber Crabs all to ourselves. No sooner had the mob been defeated, the THF was off and running for the next one. We created so many chain 5?s it was incredible. In fact the only downtime we created was when we needed to take a couple of breaks in order to gather ourselves.

In fact our BLM popped open 2 coffers during the PT netting us 3.7k each coffer (they spawned right next to us) and I even got a H.Q. Crab Shell drop worth another 12k.

The PT was together for (I think) 3-4 hours and not only did I get the 2.5k exp for level 53 (which I expected) I also gained the 13000 exp needed to attain level 54. Once Wedge hit 55 we had to stop but everyone agreed it had been fun.

I got back to Jeuno ready to log for the day but checked the AH and my fabled lvl50 Katana was actually in stock (I?d been waiting a week). I place down my 450k gil and the blade is mine. I log out incredibly happy and set myself 4 targets for Sunday morning:
                          1. Get Panzer Percival to drop the Neckchopper for cash.
                          2. Find a treasure chest in Dangruf Wadi to use the key (I hate throwing keys away)
                          3. Try and get my coffer key for my level 54 AF boots
                          4. Begin farming up the 250k needed for my next katana for my main hand

I log in on the Sunday morning (at 7am ><) and begin my hunt for Panzer. He spawns within the hour and claim him easily (no one ever camps Panzer at this time). Incredibly he drops the Neckchopper first battle.

Next I head to Dangruf Wadi with my chest key in hand. On my second cycle of the spawn points the chest is there and I ppo it open for 810 gil. I also picked up a Dangruf Stone for a quest I?ve had incomplete for ages. Things are going well.

Third was the coffer key hunt in Sea Serpent Grotto. It?s difficult to convince people to go there so I had a RDM friend give me directions to where the key droppers spawn and when I get there I discover that a lot of them are DC or EM to me meaning they are soloable. However, without tools for my blind spell (which I forgot to buy) the process was slow, inefficient and somewhat dangerous. After 4 kills (and major downtime) I got linked and had to use my 2 hour to get out. I was slightly disheartened (despite my tremendous fortune so far over the weekend) and thought I would never get the key. I bought some tools for Blind spell and had to wait 2 hours before I could go back without risk, but I was in 2 minds whether it was worth bothering. As I was halfway through Yuhtunga Jungle Mihki and Mahlory logged on and Mihki spoke the fabled line:

?Anyone interested in skilling up for a couple of hours?? (paraphrased ^_^)

Well I had to ask them.

?If anyone?s interested in skilling up, how about coming to Sea Serpent Grotto and helping with my coffer key??

Brilliantly Mahlory, Mihki and Tobal all agreed to come to help and we were soon killing Sahagins. We must have been going for about and hour and a half and I started to think we weren?t due to get lucky. However, a particularly difficult Marsh Sahagin proved to be key dropper and step one was complete. Got a Sneak of Mahlory and went coffer hunting whilst my 3 saviours returned to Norg. I had 10 Silent Oils on me so couldn?t hunt indefinitely. I got down to my second to last oil and there it was, the first coffer I had ever seen in game.

It was only a large armoury crate yet at that moment in time it was the most beautiful thing I?d ever seen. I popped it open and the log entry made me incredibly happy.

Rarehero obtains a ninja kyahan.

I was so happy and the aggroing Sahagin felt the full force of my Mijin Gakure as I made my escape.

Obviously, I equipped my new boots straight away and took a picture Some nice stats too. HP+12, AGI+4 and Movement Spee d+ 25% at night.

Just goes to show, a bad start to playing for the weekend does not necessarily mean a bad weekend at the end of it. Once again many thanks to the 3 LS members who supported me in this and obviously the favour will be repaid on your coffer key hunts.

However, no matter how good you think you look there?s always someone better and yesterday Ces say this fine fellow in a couple of RDM AF2 items.

And this morning I see someone in almost complete SAM AF2.

Impressive stuff.

Oh, and Happy Birthyday to Mihki/Marvelon

Comment

Ninja AF looks awsome.

It was a good weekend for me, some excellent parties in Kuftal Tunnel and Boyada Tree, start at lvl 52 on Friday and now im lvl 55.

I have decided not to lvl bard any more untill I have my next AF which is Castle Oztroja.

Known events for this week:

Mission 5.1 Wednesday 7pm roughly.

After Mission 5.1 if there is time Castle Oztroja for Mahlory's AF2, need to fight Yagudos for a drop, at the same time it will help me through that door I can never get through (well I made it through once and then Rargh I agroed the Leeches ft: )

I think there are still some Genkai 1's still left to do, im up for helping if anyone needs it.

Comment

Darwock, as Wedge says, the most common hunting place between 25-30 is the Kazham jungles. You stay in Yuhtunga until about lvl27 then move to Yhoator until 32 (or 30 if you plan to chance to one of the extra jobs). However, whilst the place can be good EXP If circumstances are with you (the mobs are incredibly easy and often give between 150-200 each), the place is quite often referred to as hell. Overcamped which means it can be ages between pulls and the constant Goblin trains meaning everyone?s partying is hindered.

There are some alternatives between 26-30 that are rarely used but the results are often really good if you get a PT to go there. Batallia Downs is commonly used with people camping in the bunkers and zoning to Eldieme if there?s problems. Eastern Altepa Desert is also good levelling off spiders but as said, difficult to get a PT in these places.

We actually had a LS party over the bank holiday weekend where 6 of us levelled our subjobs which were around the 25-30 mark. We started in a less used part of Yuhtunga Jungle which meant we didn?t have to deal with lack of spawns or random goblins. At later levels we moved to near Sea Serpent Grotto and levelled off Sahagins and the EXP was really good.

Comment

Anyone know when the downtime is tonight, 6 hours I think its for, just not sure when it starts.

Comment

Working...
                                X