Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see SE releasing any more expansions and content packs for XI after this one next month, so I would imagine it would be in their best interest to release XIV in the first 6 months of 2010 rather than the second.

If you have a very active social life, then steer clear of this - if you devote most of your free time to video games then tread carefully and if you're tired of "general" video games and want to devote yourself to an MMORPG then you may very well accomplish something worthy of the amount of cash you will sink into it.

Comment

360 version will have the first 30 days free, but you would need to buy the boxed game first.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        Thanks for the info bud.
        Does the 14 day trial include the xbox version? I am not fussed about accomplishing anything as I would simply like to have a little go!
        Ah sorry, i forgot you mentioned about the Xbox thing. It's Windows only the trial. The game ran fine (with everything off or down) on my old Toshiba Laptop years ago, and that was with crappy onboard Intergrated Intel Graphics, 512 ram and 1.4cpu. If your 360 pad is wired, just plug it in and Windows will read it, if you fancy trying the pc version.

Comment

Great i will have a play with it then. I do not have much time to put into it but I would like to sample it once.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMan X View Post
            There's been a large focus on new players lately, despite what some people who haven't played in 3 years in the FFXIV thread say. You can also play FFXI free for 14 days.
            Oh god! He went there.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
              I don't see SE releasing any more expansions and content packs for XI after this one next month, so I would imagine it would be in their best interest to release XIV in the first 6 months of 2010 rather than the second.
              Considering S-E confirmed that the version of the game demonstrated at Gamescon a month ago was pre-alpha I think a release in the first half of 2010 is VERY optimistic. I'd say we're looking at late summer at the earliest but I expect it to be late-October/early November.

Comment

Don't expect one of these Xbox 360 Generation Beta Dara

Comment

I think in that case then I'd be very concerned as to how SE intend to keep a hold of existing FFXI players once they conclude the WoG storyline, if indeed they intend to conclude it any time soon, which may very well not be the case - what will become the selling point of their once every 2 months or so content updates?

System overhauls would pretty much be pointless by this late stage for example.

Edit: in response to rare's post
                  Last edited by Daragon; 28-09-2009, 13:01.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMan X View Post
                    Don't expect one of these Xbox 360 Generation Beta Dara
                    Huh?

Comment

I think in that case then I'd be very concerned as to how SE intend to keep a hold of existing FFXI players once they conclude the WoG storyline, if indeed they intend to conclude it any time soon, which may very well not be the case - what will become the selling point of their once every 2 months or so content updates?

System overhauls would pretty much be pointless by this late stage for example.

Edit: in response to rare's post
                      The devteam have been working on this for 4+ years now? So i wouldn't worry too much, the amout of changes in the last 6 months go against this.

Huh?
                      You know, one of these Xbox/Ps3 type Beta that is actually the full retail game just 4 weeks early

Comment

Oh, you mean how like FFXI's beta was handed out as a freebie with an issue of OXM?

I'm pretty sure they'd have a PSN beta at some stage - a QA team is usually insufficient for an MMO, even if it highly restricts the player as to what they can accomplish it will most likely exist in some form.

Comment

Tokyo Game Show Cosplayers...

Opaline gear?

Comment

Once again in true SE spoliorfic style, DO NOT read today's news about the new quests Unless your upto date on all 3 lines.

Comment

Jesus christ, you weren't kidding.

Can't believe they reveal that one in a news release.

Comment

A bit late for me unfortunately ;_;

Comment

Working...
                                X