Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering if you two will be able to log on, on friday or the weekend and try and get a few dungeon runs going? I'll probably be on around 8:30 on friday and most of the weekend hopefully.

Comment

I won't be able to get on much this weekend, at a wedding reception Friday evening, then out Saturday night for a friends Birthday, I may be able to get on Saturday daytime for a few hours, should be free Sunday though.

Comment

Yo.

Has the recent patch made the game more enjoyable? Is it worth giving it another go now?

Comment

Originally posted by Hyjinx View Post
          Yo.

Has the recent patch made the game more enjoyable? Is it worth giving it another go now?
          Definately. Fo' sho. XIV is now a rather good (what I would describe) arcade mmo. Dip in, dip out.

Comment

Right'o - might install it over the weekend. Will I need a new LP? Can search for players for like XI?

Comment

14 is far,far from being good, imo all it has is graphics going for it. It still needs massive job balancing/gameplay fixs as the mage jobs seem to have been ****ed over by the 1.18a patch and it still needs content patches, atm it still pretty much the same game from launch made abit more playable, the less said about 2 bar exp system, the none existant LFG system and no Delivery/central Auction house the better. 14 still a good year off from becoming a game that i would pay money for. I know the Dev's have said stuff is coming down the line, but it while off yet.

I'm just treating it like a Solo RPG, log on do a few leves, look for random town quests and log, also so ,so few people around and those that are inactive, don't think i've spoken to anyone in 2 weeks since returning with a new character.

for a good view from the more hardcore players its best to have a nose around the official forum and BG 14 forum.

and

Comment

All fair comments. The game has improved and I have had fun playing it - but Tobal raises some great negatives, I too have been playing it mainly solo but hooked up with the Rargh LS a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                  It still needs massive job balancing/gameplay fixs as the mage jobs seem to have been ****ed over by the 1.18a patch
                  If there's one thing S-E have demonstrated in nearly 10 years of FFXI being live, it's that they can't balance jobs for ****.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                    If there's one thing S-E have demonstrated in nearly 10 years of FFXI being live, it's that they can't balance jobs for ****.
                    hehe, to true. The new "direction" notes for the jobs on 11 have me worried SE have yet again slipped right back into pre-abyssea mode when its "you will play it this way" rather than listening to the player base that knows the game better than they do, the notes for THF,DRG and DRK seem to have them forever doomed with SMN,PUP,COR,PLD,RDM close behind depending on this direction after abyssea, the players gotten to use to God mode letting simple tactics of low enemy TP gain and High Cures win the day that the hard fights left are mobs that have high auto TP and hate reset which can only be over come with spamming cures and dealing out massive damage to keep hate that only a select number of jobs can do.

Bahhh, i really hope they surpise us in the next year like they did with abyssea.

Comment

Just incase you check on here Wedge, it looks like we're all ready to go, so if you can log on we should be able to get a few done

Comment

Could maybe try this NM if 4 of us are online:

Drops the feet armour I want and the R35 CON arm.

Comment

I'd be up for trying that NM.

Comment

Noticed a quest called Lord Errant in my Journal so wen't to check it out, think it becomes available around R38 and is for 1-3 players, tried it solo and its just too hard, its got a very cool cutscene with a very big creature, reward is very nice 100k odd gil and 30k odd sp.

This is something that would be good to do in a group, I think it has two ways to beat it, one designed for fieldcraft jobs using parley and then a battle for everyone else, you can still do parley as any job but I always lose on it anyway.
                            Last edited by mikewl; 09-08-2011, 23:12.

Comment

Some interesting information on The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak and possible chest pop conditions.

I don't think it's a coincidence that on both of our Antares kills we've gotten a single chest (gil) as a reward both times. Will look over this in more detail later and see if we can figure out why.
                              Last edited by C'; 10-08-2011, 07:36.

Comment

What levels are you all at? Started up recently and I'm quite lost as to what I go about doing. So far I've just stuck close to the camp outside of Limsa Lomsa killing rabbits and selling crystals and ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X