This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Cracking site that - especially as it lets you link your FFXI and XIV characters onto the same account
      I'm still playing XIV now and again - but I'm clearly leagues behind you guys already..

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
        What levels are you all at? Started up recently and I'm quite lost as to what I go about doing. So far I've just stuck close to the camp outside of Limsa Lomsa killing rabbits and selling crystals and ****.
        Were around r28-39, have you got a linkpearl for the ls yet?

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
          Some interesting information on The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak and possible chest pop conditions.

I don't think it's a coincidence that on both of our Antares kills we've gotten a single chest (gil) as a reward both times. Will look over this in more detail later and see if we can figure out why.
          Interesting, think we could do with some more runs through this.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
            Were around r28-39, have you got a linkpearl for the ls yet?
            Not yet, if someone could meet me in Limsa Lomsa with one at some point that would be great

Think I'm only about level 9 so far, how much of the game is soloable so far?

Character name's Daragon Bismarck

Comment

I'll be on this evening, will try and sort you out a pearl.

Lots of stuff is soloable, have you been getting leves to do, they are good for xp and soloable.

Comment

I did the one at the campsite, not done any since - probably need to go back into the city for another.

Not sure I'll be on this evening, but tomorrow certainly

Comment

It will probably feel like there's not much to do for the first 15-20 ranks or so as you will only have access to regional (battle and field) leves for one or two camps (Camp Bearded Rock and Camp Skull Valley for Limsa Lomina. You can activate up to 8 regional leves at one time and they refresh every 36 hours (go to your Attributes menu and the right most tab has a timer telling you when they are due to refresh).

I recommend for now you focus on leveling a Disciple of War (GLA, MRD, LNC, PGL, ARC) or Disciple of Magic class (CON THM) and one or two Disciple of the Hand (crafting) classes. You can also activate 8 local levequests which are dedicated to Disciple of the hand classes and are basically ways of getting free crafting SP.

Other than leves (which at your current rank you will complete quickly as you will only visit one or two camps) the only thing open to you now would be side quests although there are plenty of those that are accessible at your current rank (before you accept a quest it tells you the recommended rank to attempt it). These award SP so will help speed up your exp rate.

Once you get your combat class to the 15-20 range things will start to get more involving and time consuming. You'll have main scenario quests, more side quests, guild quests (class specific quest lines), NMs, the R25 dungeon (The THousand Maws of Toto-Rak) and you'll have to be more picky about which leves you choose (considering options from all countries) in order to get guild marks for your classes to purchase new traits and abilities.

I honestly find now that I struggle to get time to fit in everything I want to do.

Comment

Ah **** I really, really, really want to get in on this... Must. try. to. convince. GF.

Listening to the music I had on repeat for months whilst playing XI at the minute. Blowing people up on WoW is probably the best fun ever... but I miss just roaming around, farming, getting lost, chilling out, getting a rare drop here and there. etc.

If I can get in early I won't need to cane it.
                    Last edited by dataDave; 11-08-2011, 04:41.

Comment

Well we could definetely use some more peeps in the linkshell, the next dungeon raid needs 8 players and so far its just 4 of us on it with any regularity.

Did some crafting leves last night and really like the improvements, way less clicks to do stuff and xp bonus for successfully completing the leve.

When Patch 1.19 comes this game in my opinion could probably start charging players a monthly fee and i'd be ok with it, there is enough content now to satisy.

Comment

Quite alot of new info translated from Famitsu here

Comment

Have they fixed this into something playable yet?

Comment

nope, we'll have to wait till 1.19 to see a proper change. But even then, going onthe [dev] comments they're not going to be doing anything about LFG system any time soon which is currently none existant and a massive, massive problem for me, and going on what the jp's had asked the dev team in the famitsu interview, they have a problem with to.
                            Last edited by Tobal; 13-08-2011, 09:54.

Comment

It is a playable game, Tobal just seems to have a grudge against it for some reason :P I can understand what he means though because I think he is still below level 20 but there's plenty to do once you are past that point, and that's why we were hoping more people would be joining us on Rargh so we would be able to have a good solid group to do all of the content currently in and in the future releases.

Comment

They've pushed up the amount of XP you get from Behests so hopefully that'll be enough to push me up to 20.

Comment

Working...
                                X