Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    He was referring to the scalers that CrispyXUK offered.

Also CRT >
    Oops my bad :P It was a bit odd asking if a CRT provided scanlines come to think of it..

HOWEVER, I have a samsung crt and it plays snes games at yucky 480i.. NO visible scanlines.. I think its one of them slimfits.. bit there isnt even a component input so its definately not HD..

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      29" of retro goodness, looks even better in person. Night striker ps1, Toaplan shooting battle ps1, ray storm ps1

I had that TV during the original Xbox era!

Damn, that's a good set up. Nice choice of consoles as well!

Comment

Cept the N64.

Cool setup though yeah.

Comment

How dare you!

After all the Ridge Racer V love in the Winter of PlayStation 2 thread, not only have I brought a sealed PAL copy of the game, I've just picked up a sealed Japanese copy too.

This is meant to be a sample version that was given out to Namco employees.

Comment

Think I may have to grab a copy of V, I've always writted RR off in favour of Gran Turismo - but after putting a bit of time into the first game I can see the appeal now kinda.

Comment

So I bought a Guncon SCPH-10130 for a fiver off eBay. Bought a male SCART plugs and some Panasonic 220uF 6.3V caps (same value used in the official DC and SFC cables) and made this:

My PVM now has a SCART breakout cable, it works great. The plug on the 3rd party cable that I was using was kinda dodgy so it's nice to have a plug that fits properly into the Multi-AV port - until an official cable is had.
              Last edited by speedlolita; 10-10-2012, 21:14.

Comment

Nice handiwork! That’s the one problem I have with my PSone setup.

I have an unofficial RGB Scart Cable & a Component Cable, but now I’ve got a new HDTV, the Component doesn’t display at all and I need to jiggle the Scart cable to get it to work. If I just plug it straight in, the display is bright pink!

I would love to find some cheap official RGB Scart cables for the PSone so I don’t have to keep crossing my fingers every time I fire it up.

Comment

New old things from the last couple of weeks.

The Screamer, Sharp X1 version. A Dungeon Crawler RPG from 1985 but probably more notable for its post-apocalyptic setting and the box design.

Uşas (aka Treasure of Usas in Europe). 1987, Platform-Adventure.

Magic & Mayhem (1998, PC). Mythos/Julian Gollop designed game. The new X-COM remake reminded me that I've been meaning to buy this for ages.

Gimmick! (1992) for the Famicom.

Obligatory Gimmick! youtube music link
                  Actually, both Usas and Magic & Mayhem (longest track in the game) have great soundtracks.
                  Last edited by mezzanine; 11-10-2012, 17:20.

Comment

Got this little beauty on Wednesday:

I got rather envious when I saw a similar TV in this thread a month or so back and was hoping I might find one in a charity shop. The thing is, I already own two 20" CRTs, both of which I shelled out for a few years back and I really couldn't justify buying a new one, but neither were really practical in my new place.

And then I saw this sitting in a friend's kitchen, and I told him how great they are for retro. Then, finally, a few weeks later it's mine! He was thinking of giving it away on freecycle, so it's just as well I mentioned my interest in it!

Missing the remote ATM, but he says he's seen it recently. The picture quality looks pretty great from a first test. Was worried the scart might be loose, but seems OK. I've only been able to try freeview on it so far as all my games and consoles are elsewhere.

Comment

Don't really need a remote, when you first turn it on you can select the av input, and most RGB scarts will switch the the av input when powered on anyway.

I still have a 14" one in my outhouse with a Super Famicon and Mega Drive plugged into it.

Great little sets.

KVM-1400M or something like that if I remember.

Comment

Yeah, it does mostly just work, although you can't seemingly change any settings without the remote. May delve into the service menu at some point if it shows up.

Comment

If not the Sony remotes are generally quite universal.

Comment

Most likely it uses a Sony RM-836 remote. The mid-to-late nineties sets all seemed to use that one.

Comment

I'm glad everyone is getting CRTs again.

Comment

I never sold mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X