Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...which is this evening for those of you waiting for stuff. Street Turk is still owed his SFII book - how lax am I?

Comment

Sf2

No probs.

Patience is a virtue...

Comment

Wasen't there two versions off daytona for the saturn.One which looked terrible but was fun to play.And another which looked pretty good but was not as fun as the original?

Comment

Yup. Daytona and Daytone CE (Championship Edition). Regular Daytona was just a conversion of the arcade, looked a bit ropey but played like a dream. CE had revamped visuals, sound, textures, and 2 extra tracks iirc. Looked different, I can't say better as I actually prefer the first one, played pretty well but perhaps not as fluid and precise on the controls. Good fun in 2player though.

Comment

Arguably the best version of Daytona is the Dreamcast version called 'Daytona 2001'. It's basically a direct arcade conversion but for the first time graphics identical to the arcade version. The game looks stunning and plays great with 10 tracks to choose from.

It's a rare dreamcast game so finding a copy may be difficult even on ebay.

Comment

It's a rare dreamcast game so finding a copy may be difficult even on ebay
              You're joking, right? I could find you a mint copy for under a fiver in less than a minute on fleabay. It's common as muck.

Comment

Originally posted by mcarocks2003
                Arguably the best version of Daytona is the Dreamcast version called 'Daytona 2001'. It's basically a direct arcade conversion but for the first time graphics identical to the arcade version. The game looks stunning and plays great with 10 tracks to choose from.
                And controls like an epileptic gnat unless you've got a steering wheel.

Comment

The Dreamcast game is ****e ! Graphics look nothing like the arcade. Yeah, they look better but I feel that the arcades big square polygon areas look better. The arcade cars looked cool where the Dreamcast cars look better from a polygon view point but total cack design wise. The Dreamcast one has bad handling too just like the second Saturn game (Japanese version since the US version was even worse) plus the Dreamcast version has ****ty remixed music which is why I made a version with original music.

I am the Daytona king or was and know for a fact that the original Saturn version while looking pretty poor plays the closest to the original arcade. Dreamcast and the Japanese Daytona CE come second with the US Daytona CE coming in last.

ARCADE

DREAMCAST

SATURN

SATURN - CHAMPIONSHIP CIRCUIT EDITION

Personally I think the original saturn version is the closes to the original arcade style while the Dreamcast looks as if it was based on the second Saturn game.

Yakumo

Comment

The dreamcast game is fantastic. The handling is rubbish to start with but once you get used to it then you realise that it's nearly perfect for the game. The handling is excellent when in a slide and you need a bit of twitch to get the last little bit of control when on the limit. Great stuff. Can't say I was all that impressed with the graphics myself, they do the job, but it's an outstanding game if you put some time in to get adept at it.

Comment

Yeah what he said;-)

Comment

Originally posted by anagrama
                        And controls like an epileptic gnat unless you've got a steering wheel.
                        Nah, all you have to do is dampen down the steering sensitivity and it's spot-on. I loved it on the DC.

Comment

Splashed some really hardcore cash out today and picked up these gems.

Initial D Garden - A game where Takumi, Itsuki, Natsuki use hi performance cars to plough a stretch of land, you get many points for ploughing a straight line using a drift and bonus points if Natsuki plants a row of beans whilst you do so. Takumi gets mega bonus points for sowing wild oats.

Chase HQ - The cover looks nicer then the proper versions, all bow before the tash! Sadly the game is worse then every other ported version due to the blurry screen and the not so great controls.

Head On - What could be more entertaining then racing a car around a field collecting dots whilst avoiding the computer car that has a death wish, thats right Initial D Garden.

Penguin Land - I quite liked the Sega Mark III version, sadly as they seemed to have ported the sprites directly from the Sega SG-1000 version you only see half of what you would see on a real console and the game comes a little unplayable.

Capsule Toy Figures - Do I need to explain this? Then again some people think that Sony were bastards for packing the UMD discs in such a tightly closed case, I mean brute force is required to get those discs out and then when you do it doesn't fit in the console. Doh! As Homer might say! I wanted Nakururu and the girlie from Mach Breakers the one with a nice couple of pears.

Please note that some game titles may be complete lies!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by MarkIII; 12-10-2005, 13:47.

Comment

I bought one off someone on here and when it arrived he had enclosed a second copy of it because he had two lying around - even then it was only about ?4!

Still, good game. Sorry to batter you, mcarocks2003. Shouldn't have quoted you as Duddy already did - but just wanted to point that out!

Comment

I bought one off someone on here and when it arrived he had enclosed a second copy of it because he had two lying around - even then it was only about ?4!
                              LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabreman
                                Nah, all you have to do is dampen down the steering sensitivity and it's spot-on. I loved it on the DC.
                                Nah - it's certainly better with a lower sensitivity, but it's far from "spot-on". It could have been awesome if the planned online functions were included, but as it stands it's an above-average conversion, but not a great one.

Comment

Working...
                                X