Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a bit rough (coded by Tantalus, not SEGA) but plays ok. Not bad if you find it cheap (which it probably will be)

Comment

Oddly enough PAL Saturn HotD seems to go for ?10-?20 on Ebay, so if you don't likey, you should get your wedge back.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

The cheeky gits were asking ?25 for it. I heard it was a dodgy conversion - just double checking in case it turned out it was decent, a la Sega Rally.

Comment

The Japanese version is cheap - under ?10 for a new copy

Comment

I like it. It is a dog to look at, but it's pretty good fun.

That's what annoys me about Gamestation etc though, with regards to uncommon retro stuff. They always price it at the top end of what the game goes for on eBay, so you never get a bargain. It's as if they want to make money!!

Comment

They've got some good stuff in the Gamestation at my town, but it's like you say... too overpriced. I always find it a shame to see the likes of Zwei, NiGHTS sitting there doing nothing, even though I own them. I picked up a second copy of Zwei because it was collecting dust... a week later, another came in.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku
                Yaay another fan of repton, hehe i love that series. I had them on electron though.
                They were great games. I always liked Around The World in 40 Screens best. Don't know why. I just liked that one

Comment

Originally posted by nekroxide
                  That's what annoys me about Gamestation etc though, with regards to uncommon retro stuff. They always price it at the top end of what the game goes for on eBay, so you never get a bargain. It's as if they want to make money!!
                  heh heh - they didn't spot Primal Rage 32X in Southampton though, and I ended up making myself a few quid on that : )

Yesterday I got Sol Divide (PS1 - most unusual, I rather like it), Real Bout 2 and World Heroes Perfect MVS - which are great fun, but my monitor may be dying (cries)

Comment

I remember playing house of the dead for the saturn i thought it was not a very good conversion.Plays ok but i do have a feeling it was rushed (and the fact sega did not do the conversion themselves makes me wonder)

Comment

Sol divide a question about that.What is the difference (if any) between the saturn and the psone versions?

Comment

As usual, the Saturn version is better, due to the fact it handles the whole 2D gaming thing better than the PS1.

Comment

Was there some additions from the arcade version?

Comment

Eh, Tantalus have done some quality work on the Saturn. Their port of WipEout 2097 was pretty top, all things considered, and Manx TT is really about as smooth as Sega Rally.

They never stood much of a chance with HotD though, and I'm not sure Sega would either tbh. SSM got it right in the day, a decent enough port considering the stupidly small time they had to do it in, and the high quality of the arcade original. It still looks and plays like the coin-op.

'course, people are pretty quick to overlook such faults when it comes to Sega in-house ports like Daytona...

We're not talking a Touring Car-esque traversy here... it's just a bit rough around the edges. It's worth it for a blast if you like the game.
                            Last edited by sj33; 12-10-2005, 08:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                              Manx TT is really about as smooth as Sega Rally.
                              Noooooooooooooooo. Manx TT on the saturn is awful. (imo)

Comment

Desert Strike (MD), the Master System convertor and those three SMS games and also Ristar (MD) once seany pops off down to see the postie.

Comment

Working...
                                X