Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrying on the Neo Geo loving I picked up Samurai Spirits today for a measly ?20. I remember seeing this on Gamesmaster years ago thinking it was top dollar! Happy little man, easily pleased.

Comment

Neo Geo ^^ Sw00n.....

Just picked up a 4 Slot from the post office with a Matrimelee cart.

A SEGA SJ-152 white pad, coolest looking pad.

got an AOF3 MVS en route too.

Comment

Get Samsho 2. It's the best version imho and you can pick it up around the same price as you paid for SS.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear
          Get Samsho 2. It's the best version imho and you can pick it up around the same price as you paid for SS.
          ? I actually think that this is Samurai Spirits 2 (Warriors Rage?) on closer inspection, it says it on the title screen but not the box or cartridge. Just to confirm, as I am a noob, is Spirits and Showdown the same thing?

Comment

Yup

Comment

Originally posted by Blair
              ? I actually think that this is Samurai Spirits 2 (Warriors Rage?) on closer inspection, it says it on the title screen but not the box or cartridge. Just to confirm, as I am a noob, is Spirits and Showdown the same thing?
              just check the character roster

do you have the following characters:

Cham Cham - little girl that fights with a monkey
              Seiger - huge block with a metal arm
              Genjuro - much like Haohmaru
              Nicotine - little old guy from ninja scroll

if you do its Shin Samurai Spirits (no2)

also the how to play has genjuro rather than ukyo

also.......... the intro doesnt involve haohmaru cutting a tree in half

plus warriors rage is either hyper 64 game or a ps1 only game - could be wrong as i've never owned it
              Last edited by buster_broon; 26-10-2005, 16:02.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                just check the character roster

do you have the following characters:

Cham Cham - little girl that fights with a monkey
                Seiger - huge block with a metal arm
                Genjuro - much like Haohmaru
                Nicotine - little old guy from ninja scroll

if you do its Shin Samurai Spirits (no2)

also the how to play has genjuro rather than ukyo

also.......... the intro doesnt involve haohmaru cutting a tree in half
                Yeah, thanks for the help man, the character roster does have those mentioned in it, have been getting stuck into this and am finding it very very hard. In fact I suck. Genjuro rulels my world at the moment but I need to put some serious time into this. Is ?20 a good price because this is a pretty cool game!

Comment

Originally posted by Blair
                  Yeah, thanks for the help man, the character roster does have those mentioned in it, have been getting stuck into this and am finding it very very hard. In fact I suck. Genjuro rulels my world at the moment but I need to put some serious time into this. Is ?20 a good price because this is a pretty cool game!
                  for cartridge only - not really, ss2 is quite cheap in Japan

the euro version is alot more expensive

ace the game to about the 6th round - think its about then and you will have a wee scrap with a chap called Kuroko

he is the referee that stands by the fights - when you fight him.......

he will hand you your ass on a plate every time - every time

think i beat him in 1 round and he ramped it up just a bit

by try using Wan-fu, not really for beginners but he also has the usual ryu/ken style moves but with more range and he is strong

another favourite of mine is Jubei (avatar), close and long range attacks and he is quite fierce, nakaruru isnt half bad either

also crack the supers are they also demolish weapons and leaves them more or less defenceless

but the music and his stage (wanfu) are just one of the best reasons to own a neo

Comment

Got these 2 a couple of weeks ago. Just missing a B&W Samurai Shodown from my Euro collection. Haven't seen one on sale for yonks (haven't been looking too hard though).

Comment

Can I ask how much for each and where from? I've now got the full b&w set here for both Japanese and Euro

Amazingly enough, it was the Euro b&w Pocket Tennis that was the last one for me to get, not the NGC98+.
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

My Supergun arrived today, along with Windjammers and Super Sidekicks 2. Can't wait to get home and play it, once I have done my housework.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
                          Neo Geo ^^ Sw00n.....

Just picked up a 4 Slot from the post office with a Matrimelee cart.

A SEGA SJ-152 white pad, coolest looking pad.

got an AOF3 MVS en route too.
                          Where did you get the matimelee cart from?

Comment

these just in...

Net Yarouze and Randnet Smoke N64

Comment

Was feeling a bit spendy today so I picked up quite a bit. Just as well I had forgotten my wallet otherwise I would have came away with 5 times as much !

Sega Saturn

Hudson horror story game, Wizadry VI & VII, Father Christmas (come with a free towl ), Exhumed or Power Slave for anyone in the US (Japanese name is Nishi ??? 1999), Game ware 1, Dark Savior, Rabbit (only 200 yen !!!), Johny Bazookatone, Soul Hackers and Ronde promotion disc, Silhouette Mirage Promotion Disc.

Dreamcast
                              Microsoft Web TV, Pen Pen triatholon early promotion disc, Internet horse racing betting system disc, Seaman Christmas Edition (Limited set)

Mega CD
                              Fatal Fury Special (never seen a JPN one before), Thunder Hawk and Ranma 1/2

Mega Drive
                              Alisa Dragoon, Super Chace HQ, Ringside Angle, Rocketknight Adventure, Mamono Hunter Yohko, Sonic Spinball, Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3

Anime CD
                              These aren't really games but there is a Famicom game of Bubblegum Crash so...... Anyway I've been looking for these for a while now. Bubblegum Crisis OST 2, 5 and 7

Yakumo

Comment

All very nice stuff today I see.
                                I was thinking about one of those Playstations last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X