Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From this mornings car boot:

All for £5...

Comment

Jackie Chan's action Kung Fu.
      Mega Man 4.

Comment

Chan! Full report on how it plays please

Comment

I think I'm on the last stage now. (I keep dying on the 5th)

It isn't particulary hard at-all.

It plays like a decent action platformer. Graphics are very basic.

Special stages pop up and are nice and varied.

Think I will complete it in about ten minutes. Just having another go.

Easy but fun skully. Definitely worth a purchase

Comment

And I died! Which is really frustrating as its really quite easy after a few goes.

You get 5 Continues..you can earn continues via the special stages that pop up.

The music is fantastic and varied..very Eastern then it goes Western! but catchy.

Every stage is varied with different settings, different music and different enemies.

Its a tad on the easy side and a good game to play to finish it on one man.

(although I keep messing it up!)

Its taken me 3 goes to get to stage 5. Which I think is the final stage as it is on top of the map.

Going to have a re-try after a nice cuppa.

Because of the value of the game (I paid just £4.50) well worth a shot. If it was some kind of rare game, you would be dissapointed due to the length and difficulty.

Great game IMHO. Well worth a play-through.

Comment

It looks very much like the PC Engine version, which I got not so long ago. I think it's one of the better games on the machine for sure.

Comment

The PCE version is better visually but from what I've heard they both play the same. Excellent little game.

Comment

Indeed pretty much the same game, slightly remixed.

Comment

Glad Jackie Chan arrived safely for you Darren!

Comment

I finished it earlier. In summary, A very tidy action platformer. Neat tunes too...

Easy, but, will test you to begin with, memorize patterns e.t.c

Well worth a play-through. Funny completion screen before the credits. I wont spoil it for you.

Fantastic game, will definitely be aiming for a one man finish when the time is right.

Comment

The Toaplan collect-a-thon continues...

I know a lot of people are down on this game but I really like it. The fact that you're only fighting land-based enemies takes a bit of getting used to but it's still a tidy little shooter, and the 'smart bomb' is great - it calls a squadron of planes onto the screen which fly alongside you, giving supporting fire. These planes will stay in formation until they get shot, at which point them plunge earthwards. Pressing the smart bomb button again will issue the order for a kamikaze dive (!!!) if you double-tap the smart bomb button it causes a massive explosion.

After playing Fire Shark it's a little tame, but still worth the tiny amount I paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post

but still worth the tiny amount I paid for it.

How tiny??

Comment

Well, not tiny tiny. About a tenner. It's in mint condition though.

I probably oversold that, considering you could probably pick this up in Japan for about 50p.

Comment

ahh pocket money price. ....nice find Duddy.

Comment

Got it from Genkivideogames...always use those guys these days as their stuff is always in fantastic condition, unlike 99% of the games on eBay.

Comment

Working...
                                X