Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google tells me that the Shindou edition has better framerate than the standard edition, too

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      Ahh, cool! How's the N64 been RGB modded then?
      Don't know which RGB mod it is but the picture is great. I bought one off here a little while back but the picture was very dark, so i picked this one up from Lee at vgi and it's much better.

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
      Google tells me that the Shindou edition has better framerate than the standard edition, too
      I gather there are a couple of audio tweaks too. Like it was patched with a whole new release

Comment

I'd be interested to hear your opinion on that xrgb Phil. What are you using it with, plasma or LCD?

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
          I'd be interested to hear your opinion on that xrgb Phil. What are you using it with, plasma or LCD?
          LCD Bravia. I'm using it in B1 mode for the N64 and B0 for my Nuon. Results are fantastic in both cases. Highly recommended.

Comment

I've seen plenty mention of them recently... what exactly do the XRGB units do?
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              I've seen plenty mention of them recently... what exactly do the XRGB units do?
              I don't know a huge amount them myself but it's basically an up-scan unit that doubles up/upscales lower resolution images and makes them look pretty damn amazing on a flat screen TV or monitor, especially older consoles through RGB scart. One of its best party tricks is scanline emulation. It's a brilliant but complicated unit with many features. Have a look at these sites for some basics, answers, screenshots and more

Last edited by Atticus; 03-02-2011, 20:17.

Comment

XRGB make dreams come true. :3

I just recieved from my American friend at work:

NTSC-U Nintendo 64 unit w/ official 4MB RAM exp
                2x Official Nintendo 64 pads
                1x Unofficial pad

Chuffed about this cos now I have a 4MB RAM exp for my RGB modded JP unit and another pad so I can get a few Mario sports titles to play with my girlfriend.

Comment

So basically an exterior box acting as an upscaler and resolution changer in place of a TV's own software, or in the case of a PC monitor, acting as a way to connect an older device to it? Sounds good. Can't use it myself sadly, because the upscaler in this Bravia is pretty good (imo) to begin with, and it doesn't have DVI in, just HDMI. Would mean more cables needed...

Comment

No TV so far has an upscaler better than the XRGB3 because that can do scan lines, TVs don't. I have two TVs that are both high end models with dedicated game settings. Both look fantastic (the Toshiba Regza is probably best though) but neither can top the XRGB3 once the scan lines are switched on.

Comment

Got my Gamecube RGB lead through the post today

Been playing GBA Fire Emblem through it on a 14" 4:3 Trinitron and it looks sooooooo lush

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        No TV so far has an upscaler better than the XRGB3 because that can do scan lines, TVs don't. I have two TVs that are both high end models with dedicated game settings. Both look fantastic (the Toshiba Regza is probably best though) but neither can top the XRGB3 once the scan lines are switched on.
                        There wont ever be a TV that compares to any in the XRGB range.

I might make my d terminal + composite cables for sound into an RGB SCART cable soon..

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                          So basically an exterior box acting as an upscaler and resolution changer in place of a TV's own software, or in the case of a PC monitor, acting as a way to connect an older device to it? Sounds good. Can't use it myself sadly, because the upscaler in this Bravia is pretty good (imo) to begin with, and it doesn't have DVI in, just HDMI. Would mean more cables needed...
                          XRGB-3 doesn't do scanlines over DVI, IIRC. Better to go with VGA if you need those to improve the picture on an LCD set.

Comment

Indeed. And using the VGA slot would mean more cables for the audio AND unplugging it every so often because I use my Bravia as a monitor for my 486 as well. For now, I'll stick with what I have because it's pretty good, but it's also good to know there are other options...

Comment

DVI doesn't carry sound dude. DVI can be used to carry an analog signal though, whereas HDMI only carries sound and digital video - no analog.

Comment

Would an XRGB improve input delay on an LCD? I play 3rd Strike via mame, output from pc via VGA to an LCD monitor and there seems to be input delay but it's hard to know how much.... I was thinking of playing on a 17" crt pc monitor but the thing is just so huge and inconvenient.

Comment

Working...
                                X