Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anagrama
    - 2 of the rarer Brazilian-exclusive SMS games: Fire & Ice and Taz in Escape From Mars. Fire & Ice was part of a trade, Taz was a $30 BIN.
    Is Fire & Ice the same game as the Amiga platformer by Graftgold?

Comment

Originally posted by Puzzle Rattrap
      Is Fire & Ice the same game as the Amiga platformer by Graftgold?
      Yeah, the SMS version is a bit unfinished & buggy tho - it was originally slated for a 1994 European release but Virgin pulled it, probably due to the rapidly shrinking SMS market being already oversaturated with cute platformers. TecToy picked it up (probably the same beta version that a few Euro mags reviewed) whilst dredging the barrels and gave it a Brazilan release in about '96/'97. It's playable but a bit rough around the edges, nothing too spectacular.

Comment

Vib Ribbon and Pocket Fighter turned up in the post yesterday. Can't remember the last time I have been so entertained by a couple of games. They are both absolutely charming - especially Vibri - which goes straight into my top 10 games ever. Tried it out with a few of my own CDs - Johnny Cash was quite easy, but Mastodon nearly melted my brain!! great stuff.

Comment

Just received SF Zero 3 and Space Channel 5 (factory sealed) for the DC. Not bad for 15 delivered for both.

And The Game Paradise boxset for the Saturn, including the video- all mint. Totally made up with that little lot, can't wait to get home and try them out.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
            Vib Ribbon and Pocket Fighter turned up in the post yesterday. Can't remember the last time I have been so entertained by a couple of games. They are both absolutely charming - especially Vibri - which goes straight into my top 10 games ever. Tried it out with a few of my own CDs - Johnny Cash was quite easy, but Mastodon nearly melted my brain!! great stuff.
            I *love* the silly tune Vibri sings when you clear a stage - it's infectiously catchy.

Comment

The whole experience of Vib Ribbon has made me fall deeply in love with games again. It had me giggling like a miscreant schoolkid.

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                I *love* the silly tune Vibri sings when you clear a stage - it's infectiously catchy.
                yeah i love the way he speeks giberish and then says "And thats a high score"

Has anyone finished the training my version always seems to kick me back to the title when i get the the /\/\/\/\/\ obsticle?

Comment

Cool Bricks for the GBC arrived today in nice condition.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Not been buying much retro stuff lately due to being attached to the Xbox and DS.

Daytona is fun, and I'm well chuffed with KOF '96. I've had the PAL version of '95 for years and I'm absolutely ****e at it, but I get along a lot better with '96.

Comment

Originally posted by Puzzle Rattrap
                      eBay?

NZS'll always be one of my all-time favourites. Admittedly the PC Engine conversion isn't one of the better one though...
                      Yeah from Ebay. Mega good condition. Is this a bad conversion? What's best MD?

Comment

Did alright today. Up the car boot sale (!). Went to a different one from the one I usually go to, and managed to come back ?13 lighter, but with a modded PAL Saturn, boxed, with two controllers (one analogue), a lightgun, scart lead and 6 games - Daytona USA, Christmas Nights, Clockwork Knight 2, Darius, WLS 97 and Virtua Cop 2. All of the games are in mint condition, the VC was actually still sealed (well the sticker on the side anyway). The console has three switches on the back, can play any region games, and appears to generate a 60hz picture. Am so pleased! Now time to start buying some 2D fighters.

Comment

That was a find and a half :P

Comment

Got a load of Saturn games through the post today so I've added thumb nails over the standard sized pictures. To see the full size just click on the image.

Kuttsu Ketto by Technosoft (Factory Sealed)

Mass Destruction, Krazy Ivan and Planet Joker (All Factory Sealed)

A load of mint games

and finally a very cool original official Sega Promotion video for Virtual racing on the Mega Drive.

Yakumo

Comment

That video look's pretty cool, as you know I am a big fan of the original Virtua Racing, I love the way that Sega done the 3d, somrthing about the whol plainess of it all, absolutely stunning at the time as well, the first time I saw the arcade I was blown away.

What's on the video, was it for retailer's?? I saw that Sofmap in Akihabara and a few other retialer's in Tokyo liked to use looping video's for store promotion's whilst I was there, well it is probably DVD now, but still I stood and watched them all for age's one afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide
                                Yeah from Ebay. Mega good condition. Is this a bad conversion?
                                It's not bad, just not as perfect as some people had claimed over the years. It's missing a fair few things, between quarter to a fifth of the levels. For my money the Master System conversion is better.
                                Originally posted by capcom_suicide
                                What's best MD?
                                The MD is a good conversion, albeit of the second revision of the arcade unit (levels 1.1 to 1.4 are completely different). I've tried the X68000 version on an emulator and that seems the best of 'em though as it has the heaven levels and everything. Still, the Amiga conversion was damn good too, all things considers.

Comment

Working...
                                X