Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree they should have stuck with the gold/champagne colour, it looked amazing.

My original Grey jap Saturn feel's cheap and scratches easy as hell too, I used to like it, but now I would like one of the different saturn's, maybe get the Derby Stallion edition again, I cannot believe I sold that to get a Gamecube now.

I have to mention that those cheap black Pal Saturn's go for a bomb in Akihabara, I was stunned at the price of them compared to the cheap japanese models, I only wish I took a suitcase of them over with me, I will the next time.That bunch sitting in the cash convertors is mine!!!

Comment

Did it matter which model (round or oval buttons)? Boxed, or unboxed?

Seems crazy, wonder what the appeal is.

Comment

It's black, that seems to be the appeal, at least I think it is.

Comment

Boxed Super Famicom w/ Contra Spirits & Akumajo Dracula.

New Zealand Story PCB - Can't believe how tiny the board is! One of my all time faves, and I'm still finding new warps even now.

Comment

I gotta stick up for the PAL Saturn here, model 1 at least. I reckon it looks dead nice in all black. You can keep the model 2 with crappy round buttons, though.

The model 1 JP machine does looks pretty cheap though, but it'll have to make do until I can get me a blue skeleton machine, mmm.

Anyway, today I bagged a complete NTSC copy Wave Race 64. I loved this back in the day, and now I get to play it without the horrific PAL conversion, SCORE.

Comment

*looks at Yakumo's Saturn... other Saturn posts... stares at his Saturn and blinks in disbelief*

... Damnit, I have a PAL model 2 Saturn and I'm more than happy with it! It's a Sega console. It rocks by default!

Oh, and I should be getting Guardian Heroes, Princess Crown and Elevator Action returns over the next week or so, so...

(My wallet hates me though)

Comment

New things from the last 10 days -

Famicom games

Yume Penguin Monogatari - Been wanting to play this one for a while. You can play the translated rom on an emulator http://donut.parodius.com/?func=tran...es&gamekey=176
                Meta Fight/Blaster Master - I don't see a boy and his pet frog on the cover..
                Akumajyou Densetsu - One of the reasons why I bought a FC over a NES.

Saturn games

Shinrei Jusatsushi Taroumaru - Seems like a good game, and unless it drops in value ( so I can't get my money back ) I don't have any problem with buying a few expensive games.

Consoles

Gone a bit crazy and bought a Derby Saturn and a red Biohazard Dreamcast from VGI. I've also got a modded & switched PAL Saturn on the way (for a few US backups of expensive RPGs that I already own on the Japanese Saturn and also for Outrun which won't work on my Derby Saturn). Also a *cough* 3DO

I've sold my white Saturn and modded DC to help pay for that lot.
                Attached Files

Comment

I don't have any problem with buying a few expensive games.
                  Yeah, why not. You're practically guaranteed to get back 80% of what stuff costs you with retro games (assuming you don't pay over the odds in the first place, and keep it in the same condition).

Comment

Originally posted by Mofoman
                    I agree they should have stuck with the gold/champagne colour, it looked amazing.

My original Grey jap Saturn feel's cheap and scratches easy as hell too, I used to like it, but now I would like one of the different saturn's, maybe get the Derby Stallion edition again, I cannot believe I sold that to get a Gamecube now.
                    mate
                    the pre-product prototype saturn has even cheaper looking plastic...
                    it's like those ones used in plamo kits...
                    I should know coz I have one...

I have to mention that those cheap black Pal Saturn's go for a bomb in Akihabara, I was stunned at the price of them compared to the cheap japanese models, I only wish I took a suitcase of them over with me, I will the next time.That bunch sitting in the cash convertors is mine!!!
                    And for black Saturn, I've sold my unused US Saturn box set for $150+ not so long ago... considering what I paid for Sonic Saturn that was quite a surprise...

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer

But I reckon that is without Karaoke set..
                      from memory that karaoke unit is nothing more than just simple amp with mic in and few effects... it's not like DC Karaoke unit...

there's similar one for PC Engine as well...

Comment

Originally posted by dj898
                        mate
                        the pre-product prototype saturn has even cheaper looking plastic...
                        it's like those ones used in plamo kits...
                        I should know coz I have one...

And for black Saturn, I've sold my unused US Saturn box set for $150+ not so long ago... considering what I paid for Sonic Saturn that was quite a surprise...
                        You lucky man having the pre production saturn, is it the gold one with the Mutlimedia writing on the top of it as pictured in yakumo's post??

I really envy you for having that, I alway's loved the look of it more than any other saturn. I am not surprised about the price that you got for the unused US Saturn set, as they are really worth quite a bit in Japan, I can see why though as we pay silly amount's for imports that you can pick up there for absolute peanuts as well, if only people knew the price of stuff they consider mega rare in the back streets of Japan.

Comment

You lucky man having the pre production saturn, is it the gold one with the Mutlimedia writing on the top of it as pictured in yakumo's post??

I really envy you for having that, I alway's loved the look of it more than any other saturn. I am not surprised about the price that you got for the unused US Saturn set, as they are really worth quite a bit in Japan, I can see why though as we pay silly amount's for imports that you can pick up there for absolute peanuts as well, if only people knew the price of stuff they consider mega rare in the back streets of Japan.
                          no that gold one was just mock up and they switched to boring grey...
                          good thing that they switched to white with major revision though

here are some picture of prototype...
                          you can find more inc the int shoot in my collection page.
                          http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49139

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/632/saturn_proto3.jpg
                          http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2818/saturn_proto4.jpg

Comment

Tetris Plus arrived today. Puzzle game number.....um....I've lost count.
                            Attached Files

Comment

My Saturn I presume is the original version as it has an oval power button and the button the other side of the eject button.

Comment

I picked up a Dreamcast golf game by sega yesterday for 1.50, it's really good and the graphics are great. I can't tell you the name cos i can't read the Kanji>.< but it seems like it could be from an anime as the characters have a powerstone look about them. Can anyone help me out? Yakumo?

They also had some boxed dreamcast twin sticks for a fiver,anyone know how much these go for on teh bay?

Comment

Working...
                                X