X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buster_broon
    TAITO CHASE HQ plus SCI
    i hate you too, haha.

anyway; like other people it seems, i picked up a white jap saturn off eBay at the start of the year. it was only ?51 and was in excellent condition, it just came with a couple of REALLY duff titles (street fighter; the movie? ugh) haha. i have a switched pal saturn too, but it's been broken for as long as i can remember. i should look into getting that fixed soon...

i can't say too much that hasn't already been said on here. the saturn is a quality machine and it's nice to see a lot of people still interested in it these days. some of the best games i've played have been on the saturn. it's also pretty funky to see things i bought years ago are kind of sought after now, such as the street fighter zero 3 box set or elevator action returns.

i still need to get my hands on dracula x and radiant silvergun though

a sort of story; YEARS back i chose to buy the waku waku 7 box set over radiant silvergun from some import shop i can't even remember the name of. they were both the same price, and ended up choosing to get waku waku 7 for some reason. it's kind of soul destroying to see waku waku go for about ?20-30 and radiant silvergun for ?70-130. i STILL don't know what i was thinking, d'oh!

but at the same time it's impressive to see the dungeon's and dragons collection go for quite a bit when i managed to grab it for ?35 new years back. i don't think i've seen that mentioned in this thread yet...

nice to see some people list their collections on here too i broke the 60 jap game mark a couple of nights ago when i picked up pretty fighter x off eBay for a few quid. i've been told it's really "average" but i still thought why not. i guess i'll see what it's like soon, haha.

Comment

i've got 3 at the moment. bought them cheap for modding. sold one on here just this week. the rest will be put up as they're modded. i love modding saturns.

as for me personally, i have a white saturn that a friend gave me in return for chipping his xbox. it's got a chip in now and i have a few things on cdr like radiant silvergun

i've got a few games on it, but only stuff i'll actually play. my list of originals is:

sega rally (jap/us)
      virtual on (jap/us)
      last bronx (jap/us)
      nights (uk/jap/us - the uk is just the disc, the jap is boxed, the us one came with the pad)
      street fighter collection (ssf2/zero jap - got it for free as when i took it to the counter, the price showed up as ?0.00 )
      vampire chronicles (jap)
      daytona usa (jap)
      night warriors (pal)
      steel slope sliders (pal)

i recently sold my ps2 and cube so now i just have my xbox, saturn and dc. the saturn was my 32-bit console - i never had a ps, so i have fond memories that i can now relive!

Comment

oh btw, i have it on good authority (a m8 at work) that SF Zero 3 on the Saturn is better than the DC one, in that the DC one is just a port of the PS version. Is this true?

Comment

I used to have a decent Saturn collection, but it's all gone now (most of it to people on here). I've just got a few classics left:

Sega Rally
          Virtua Cop
          Virtua Cop 2
          NiGHTS
          Decathlete
          Sega Ages Vol.1 (WTF happened to Vol.2 etc? )

Had 4 consoles at one point - Derby Stallion, Hi-Saturn & White HST-0014, but only ever used my switched PAL machine which I still have.

I love the SS, was the console that got me back into games after a spell away. I'll probably build up my library again in the future...

Comment

sorry if this has been asked before, where is the best place to get a uk modded saturn?

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq
              oh btw, i have it on good authority (a m8 at work) that SF Zero 3 on the Saturn is better than the DC one, in that the DC one is just a port of the PS version. Is this true?
              No. He's a fanboi. I own both and the DC has bigger sprites, more animation, more colours yaddayadda than the PS version (which has cut frames and doesn't support 3 fighters onscreen properly): the Saturn version is wikkid but I prefer the DC (dodgy attacks or no)

I am a boor, tho.

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames
                sorry if this has been asked before, where is the best place to get a uk modded saturn?
                i love modding saturns

Comment

got a couple more - this is like the neo fever - only cheaper (just now)

in the hunt
                  gradius collection (cheers john)
                  guardian heroes

Loving this

i was looking at a 2nd white saturn just to back up my 1st one (neo geo logic) and i placed a bid of ?40 on this fully boxed system with a stepdown and it finished at ?82

couldnt believe it

heard earlier that white saturns wont play in the hunt - can anybody confirm this
                  Last edited by buster_broon; 26-04-2005, 23:08.

Comment

ive been after a modded saturn ever since my old one started makeing a funny smell, then i turned it off and opend the cd lid and it started producting lots of grey and black smoke whilst i was happly playing daytona scared the heck out me, its not worked since sadly

so what sort of price would it be for a mod?

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                      No. He's a fanboi. I own both and the DC has bigger sprites, more animation, more colours yaddayadda than the PS version (which has cut frames and doesn't support 3 fighters onscreen properly): the Saturn version is wikkid but I prefer the DC (dodgy attacks or no)

I am a boor, tho.
                      lol he's not a fanboi actually, as he loves his dc in fact. i thought the dc one was better too, especially in the sound dept (saturn sounds were worse)
                      mind you i don't mean it was a direct port, but maybe they used it as the base?

Comment

lol good to see there's still interest in saturns. i'll be modding the other three soon, and once i can source 3 big boxes for them (i sent the one i just sold in my ps2 box!) they'll be up on here.

that's the one right there...

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                          well i'm the proud owner of a radiant silvergun

won it this morning on ebay for ?88

i was outbid but the seller cencelled it just with an explanation of NO!

Must be because he had zero feedback

yeah me

Now the proud owner of the following
                          X-MEN CHILDREN OF THE ATOM
                          STREET FIGHTER ZERO 2
                          TAITO CHASE HQ plus SCI
                          MARVEL SUPER HEROES
                          RADIANT SILVERGUN
                          Marvel vs street fighter +Ram
                          Virtua Fighter Remix
                          Sega Rally
                          VAMPIRE SAVIOUR WITH 4MB RAM
                          X-men vs Street Fighter + RAM
                          King of Fighters Best Collection
                          Groove on Fight
                          Street Fighter Collection
                          GALE RACER/RAD MOBILE

loads of playing time for me
                          You got all that for ?88! Bloody Hell.

Comment

lol he's not a fanboi actually, as he loves his dc in fact. i thought the dc one was better too, especially in the sound dept (saturn sounds were worse)
                            mind you i don't mean it was a direct port, but maybe they used it as the base?

Your mate sounds like a wanker Bill

The DC version is basically a port of the PS version.
                            The backgrounds and sprites have been altered slightly [but are still missing animation from Saturn and CPS-II versions] as have hit boxes and other bits and bobs, but it is still closely resembles the PS port. Not played it for a while, but I'm pretty sure the DC version doesn't have all the dramatic battle modes either.

The Saturn version is lightyears ahead of either and far, far closer to the CPS-II original.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man
                              Your mate sounds like a wanker Bill

The DC version is basically a port of the PS version.
                              The backgrounds and sprites have been altered slightly [but are still missing animation from Saturn and CPS-II versions] as have hit boxes and other bits and bobs, but it is still closely resembles the PS port. Not played it for a while, but I'm pretty sure the DC version doesn't have all the dramatic battle modes either.

The Saturn version is lightyears ahead of either and far, far closer to the CPS-II original.
                              What animation is missing from DC Alpha 3? It's got a fair bit more than the PS version..? The sprites are bigger and more colourful and you have three "proper" characters in Vs. Dramatic Battle as well...

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                                What animation is missing from DC Alpha 3? It's got a fair bit more than the PS version..? The sprites are bigger and more colourful and you have three "proper" characters in Vs. Dramatic Battle as well...
                                Some of the idles, backwards walk and intro animations have frames missing. I haven't played the arcade version since I sold it, but I seem to remember even the SS version is missing some frames.

The sprites are bigger yes, but they're also the wrong shape which is why all the hit boxes are ****ed.
                                Does it have reverse dramatic battle? Thought it was removed from PS and DC releases?

Comment

Working...
                                X