No announcement yet.

Best King of Fighters Version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like 96, 98 and 2001 on the Neo, 99 Evo on the DC for the backgrounds, for parkinho - Re-Bout is good but an acquired taste, I reckon, whereas I ****ing love Neowave, best update for years.

Comment

,94, 98,99,2k,2k1 here

been playing a HELLA lot of 2001 , I think its actually awesome, so much scope and variety

slowly becoming my fave KOF after 98.. of course after 98, because 98 is just stellar, and perfect, everything from the intro to the chars themselves, the engine and the perfectly set last boss difficulty, when rugal beats you, you hardly ever feel it was unfair, and that you just werent good enough.

thats what I think anyway

Comment

Originally posted by kernow
        when rugal beats you, you hardly ever feel it was unfair
        I've never beaten Rugal. Ever. I get hit by the Genocide Cutter until the cows come home coz the priority and range on it is way over the top. I can understand the priority, he is meant to be the daddy, but the range is ridiculous and it seems like every frame of it has top priority. The only ways I've ever seen people beat him was by poking so I wouldn't call that the perfect balance at all.

Comment

king of fighters orochi collection should be released next month

Also the sequel to maximum impact is due in april ( i get a feeling not many people like the maximum impact games)

Think with neowave i was planning to get it then decided not to i already have kof 2000/2001/2003/97/96.Think i have had my fill really dont want to play the same characters again
          Last edited by eastyy; 13-02-2006, 10:56.

Comment

Played alot of Kof 98 for some reason this weekend, have to agree that it is probabley the best kof.
            Waku Waku 7 came in the mail on Friday, what a fookin fun and crazy game, guess that is what got me to playing 98 again.

Comment

I can still stick on KOF 98 and play it for ages.

Random select, Level 8 and away I go.

The key is that it is so much FUN to play...

97 is good too, mainly for the super powerful Iori...(not the Orichi one)

Comment

He's a boss he's supposed to be overprioritized and strong

just stay back, AB roll through his giant balls he keeps throwing at you, then punish him with a 3hit or a throw while he's 'stunned'

easy.. I win 60% of the time doing it, its just reaction time after that stops you.

Originally posted by vertigo
                I've never beaten Rugal. Ever. I get hit by the Genocide Cutter until the cows come home coz the priority and range on it is way over the top. I can understand the priority, he is meant to be the daddy, but the range is ridiculous and it seems like every frame of it has top priority. The only ways I've ever seen people beat him was by poking so I wouldn't call that the perfect balance at all.

Comment

Kernow-what is on your avatar? It gives me the creeps (shudder)

Comment

It's frank sidebottom innit.

Comment

VTG used 9 credits to get his score in his avatar eh?

'nice'

Comment

Working...
                      X