Famicom Mini Mania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famicom Mini Mania

Im toying with the idea of going for a full set of famicom minis for the gba, so i need to get fully informed before i start.
    How many different games were released in Japan? I understand there are various volumes and sets, so how many volumes/sets?
    Which are the best and worse? Rarity?
    And if possible could someone list them, or link me up please? ANY famicom mini info here please
    Last edited by SuperDanX; 04-04-2008, 19:15.

Series 1
    Released on February 14, 2004:
    [edit] Series 2

Released May 21, 2004:
    [edit] Series 3

Released on August 10, 2004:my favourites are metroid, zelda, castlevania and pacman. i think my least favourite is super mario bros, because it gets the everloving **** kicked out of it by super mario bros deluxe on the gameboy color. also, when i bought mine, some one had already completed it and unlocked the special world with all the goombas replaced with those black beetle things and it took me ages to find out how to clear all the game data.
    in japan i found makaimura, kid ikarus and zelda ii hard to find and they are the rarest on ebay too.

Comment

SMB Deluxe on the GBC was shat - you could only see about a third of what's normally on screen, making the challenge modes almost impossible as you couldn't see where you were running in time to make the speedrun challenges amongst other things.

On a slightly more positive note I really like the Metroid port as the game is a hell of a lot more fun when you can save instead of using passwords.

Comment

to hell with that. it was mario! on gameboy color! what about all the unlockables and everything? they crammed so much into that game. the famicom mini version makes everything look tiny. it's true metroid is much more convenient because, as it's based on the famicom disc version (the cartridge is even yellow too) you don't need passwords, but this means no justin bailey and narpassword. superdan, you probably already have it but i would reccommend getting metroid zero mission too. great 'new' super metroid, and original metroid as an unlockable (with passwords).

Comment

Thanks Mr Hat, great info there and yes, ive already got zero mission. Well there seems to be less minis than i thought, im very tempted. Cheers again.

Comment

You can still visit the official Nintendo sites too.

(Click on the first two links at the top to see rest of the series).

Famicom Mini Super Mario Bros. was re-released to celebrate Mario's 20th anniversary too. Maybe you could collect it as an extra game after you get all the others. ^_^

Comment

You could always offer me a price for that jap Contra Hard Corps you have going if you need pennies to fund your latest round of collecting

Comment

Maybe we could start a campaign to get Nintendo of Japan to make a Super Famicom Mini series, I know for sure it would be great! ^_^

Comment

they did, just without the title mini. you've got super mario world, yoshi's island, link to the past, f zero, final fantasy iv, v, vi, r type, mother 2, the list goes on. i would love a mini series though with replica boxes and some of the overlooked titles for the gba, like secret of mana (would be sweet with wireless multiplayer), a straight port of super metroid, mario rpg, starfox etc

Comment

I wished I could have got hold of the display boxes for them. However they are/were silly prices on ebay. My collection, I was going to do a mini review of each game. But one of those I'll do it eventually tasks.

Comment

They aren't releasing any more GBA games either I think. IIRC the Bit Generations series was the last first-party release for the system.

Comment

I got the display boxes at the time, not too bad prices either considering. Think I got at least one of them from (the now seemingly gone) JPN Games...

Also have both versions of the Famicom GBA SP (unlimited and limited) and the Famicom GBA Micro (with additional Club Nintendo second faceplate).
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

the limited sp is the one that looks like the micro right? with the shiny gold plates? how much was that and where'd you get it if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Not cheap, there one on german ebay at around ?300, no idea if thats overpriced or not? What does a club nintendo famicom micro faceplate look like mayhem?
                            Three quick other questions 1)FM game carts are half red, half white right? 2) FM boxes, different shape/smaller than regular jp gba boxes? 3) are FM games as heavily bootleged as regular gba games?(ebay)
                            oh @ MattyD I would mate but a) no muthaflipper wants my megadrive so the games stay put until then and b) im afraid theres already a two strong waiting list before you im afraid if it goes..

Comment

i think the club nintendo faceplate is basically the same but it has II in one corner instead of I, and it has mic written on it i believe, basically it is styled like the second famicom controller (that had a mic).

oh and
                              1 - the FM carts are as you described, except the ones that originally came out on the famicom disk system are coloured yellow (like the disks were).
                              2 - yes, the boxes are different. slightly bigger than a playing card, about as thick as a gameboy color game's box. the inner box is only just big enough to fit the cart in.
                              3 - i've bought maybe around 20 gba games off ebay and none of them were bootlegged, but i only ever buy off sellers with no less than 99% feedback
                              Last edited by noobish hat; 04-04-2008, 17:31.

Comment

Working...
                              X