Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After playing Mario 64 on and off for the past year I finally got to 70 stars and beat Bowser. It was fun, the framerate can get a bit low in parts and the controls and camera can be quite irritating at times. Still impressive for the time of course but I don't think I'll be going for completion.

Next up is getting gold on that final course in Snowboard Kids.

Comment

Picked up both Suikodens on PSN last week and have been playing it on my Vita TV. Never played it before, currently about 15 hours in and really enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        Me too. Hammered it in the arcade on a holiday to Japan and subsequently in London and spent an untold amount of money. The UK version of the cab was hampered significantly by the loss of the fun and addictive online mode though unfortunately.

It takes a beating from people for supposedly not being as good as Special Stage on PS2 because the cars 'auto drift'. The drift model is certainly much easier to control than in the PS1 and PS2 titles but for me ID always 'auto drifted' - you literally just push the stick in a direction to drift.
        Was that the Arcade release that had the magnetic memory cards? That takes me back!

I've got a few left over mementos of various Arcade trips over the years and I'm pretty certain I have several of those Initial D cards along with other stuff like a Sonic Coin from Sega Park and loads of F355 Challenge print outs. I'll have to get them out and take some photos.

Comment

Just started Link to the Past, on GBA.

I've never played it before!

Comment

Finished the arcade versions of Double Dragon 1 & 2 this morning, thanks to waking up early and not getting back to sleep. Doesn't quite match the arcade as the slowdown just doesn't feel right the arcade did have lots but not the way MAME reproduces it.

Comment

Finished Suikoden last night, what a great game, tempted to jump straight into the second but think i'm going give something else ago instead. Only downside with the game was the difficulty, at no point did i feel challenged, still the story and characters were great and more than made up for it.

Comment

It's not a hard game no. Few tricky bosses but it's more about the plot and collecting characters.
                Two is better and twice as long although I prefer the music of the first.

28 hours into Racing Lagoon now and my car is 860 odd BHP. Still loving it and it's such a pity it never had a PS2 sequel.

Comment

I'm playing through Fire Emblem Path Of Radiance at the moment. Roughly where I got the last time I played it, but this time I'm determined to get my money's worth

Comment

Been reading the Castlevania book by hg101 and started the Mega Drive game off the back of it. So far, so good. Great graphics and music and the game plays well with a spear instead of a whip.

Comment

If you finish it you can import your Gamecube save into the Wii version, really enjoyed it myself, but it gets a bit unbalanced at the end. Currently playing Mario Picross on the SNES and I'm surprised by the number of puzzles in it got to level 9 for both Mario and Wario, taken me about 50 hours so far!

Comment

Been playing a few Nintendo DS games via emu, got a little hooked on Aliens: Infestation. Got me wondering exactly how much good 2D stuff I missed out on with not owning the console, good stuff.

Comment

Scurge Hive is a isometric Metroid clone that is really good.

Comment

I'm addicted to Mario Golf 64 at the moment, putts and pars are all I can think about. And I have no interest in golf whatsoever!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                              Scurge Hive is a isometric Metroid clone that is really good.
                              Oh, that looks good Marty, will give it a spin.

Comment

It's really challenging too Colin. It's not arcade style mind but bosses are satisfying to beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X