Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks just like Excitebike to me.

Comment

Anyway, switched King of Swing for Final Fight, even though it has no underboob. This list looking good to everyone? We have to sort out the order!
      Last edited by noobish hat; 24-01-2009, 23:33.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
        Looks just like Excitebike to me.
        Think Excitebike mixed with Sonic. The perspective is just like Sonic's Green Hill Zone - with loop-the-loops etc... You race against other characters( like Mario Kart ) and after each race you have a scoreboard. There are boosts etc.. to keep things interesting.

The visuals are excellent in every way. It deserved more recognition.

Comment

My favourite GBA games:

Originals:
          Metroid fusion
          Advance Wars
          Kirby and the amazing Mirror
          Zelda Minish cap
          warioware
          Mario kart: super circuit
          Golden sun
          Warioland 4

ports:
          SMA 2,3,4
          Donkey Kong Country
          Rayman
          Zelda: A link to the past
          Harvest Moon: friends of mineral town

Remakes:
          Metroid Zero Mission
          Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland
          Sword of Mana
          Pokemon Leaf Green

Comment

Another one of my favorite GBA games is Pinball Of The Dead, its on a par with Metroid pinball for all round handheld pinball excellence IMO and is better than half of those ten games.

But I'm not sure many people played it to be honest.
            Last edited by rmoxon; 24-01-2009, 23:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
              I would argue a place for Final Fantasy Tactics as it is the GBA game I spent longest playing. A brilliant on the go game. Some prefer advance wars, but Tactics had more lastibility for me.
              Onimusha tactics is just as good as final fantasy tactics, so that deserves a place

i also loved:

Metal Slug Advanced
              The addition of the cards to add attributes made this a killer game in my opinion and it looks great on the GBA however, loads didnt like it

Mario advanced Golf
              One of the only golf games i've played to the end, totally enthralling

Mario vs donkey kong
              a breath of fresh air - just excellent

Comment

From now on, GBA exclusives only, so no SNES ports!

The current list;

4. Metroid Zero Mission
                not wanting to be a 'bawbag' or anything but if you're blocking SNES ports then Zero mission shouldnt be allowed in the top 10 since its NES remake/port of Metroid

a lovely spot for Onimusha tactics or mario vs donkey kong has just opened up

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                  Onimusha tactics is just as good as final fantasy tactics, so that deserves a place

i also loved:

Metal Slug Advanced
                  The addition of the cards to add attributes made this a killer game in my opinion and it looks great on the GBA however, loads didnt like it
                  I liked Metal Slug Advance alot but then I liked Gunstar Super Heroes too.

Metal Slug was pretty easy though and as a result far too short, yeah the cards added replay value but most people probabaly wouldnt bother with that anyway.

Comment

Oh yeah, what about Fire Emblem?

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                      Metal Slug was pretty easy though and as a result far too short, yeah the cards added replay value but most people probabaly wouldnt bother with that anyway.
                      i went and got all 100, i'm sure others did when it was first released and the game wasnt easy if you were trying for all the cards

also isnt Fusion a remake of Metroid 2 (Super Metroid)

anyway thought of a few others

Alien Hominid
                      It just came from nowhere and suprised everybody - excellent gun and run game

Mario and luigi Superstar saga
                      It certainly has to be in the top 10, an amazing RPG style game

Comment

I don't know what a bawbag is, but Zero Mission is not a port! I reckon if they hadn't labelled it as a remake, no one would even have figured it out. It's a completely different experience to NES Metroid.

Comment

I don't know what a bawbag is, but Zero Mission is not a port! I reckon if they hadn't labelled it as a remake, no one would even have figured it out. It's a completely different experience to NES Metroid.
                          its more or less the same just with a nicer front end

btw i absolutely adore both Metroid games on the GBA

Comment

Argh you're doing my head in! First of all, I never said anything about blocking NES ports anyway, so it doesn't matter, but Zero Mission is more than a facelift of the original Metroid. Fusion isn't a remake of anything, and Super Metroid isn't Metroid 2 anyway, that title goes to.... Metroid 2. On Gameboy.

Comment

Argh you're doing my head in! First of all, I never said anything about blocking NES ports anyway, so it doesn't matter, but Zero Mission is more than a facelift of the original Metroid. Fusion isn't a remake of anything, and Super Metroid isn't Metroid 2 anyway, that title goes to.... Metroid 2. On Gameboy.
                              so you block SNES ports but dont block NES ports

list is a fix and flawed my young man

Comment

Tell you what Buster, will you be happy if I put Superstar saga in there?

Comment

Working...
                                X